Antenna on bottom of aircraft?

saa

Is the antenna looking thing sticking out of the bottom of the aircraft some kind of artifact? In all the photos and videos of P-51s I’ve seen I’ve never noticed one at that location.

The DCS P-51D is a late model block/revision 25 or 30, at a hunch I would say ED chose this late version as it allowed them to include HVARs as part of the weopons aresenal. Most of the skins included with the sim are for ealier revisions and are slightly ahistorical. Most people wouldn't be aware of this minor issue so it's not a problem to be honest (IMHO). The antenna under the nose was a PTO Iwo Jima mod and was PTO only.

Lots of very good Iwo P-51D images on this site.

http://www.7thfighter.com/albums/index.php/Iwo-Jima-Post-Invasion-Ops/342-FH-3A-42170-70296AC_45th_fs_p_71_mary_beth_67_tom_cat_463433_

Edited by ICDO
  • Like 1

The DCS P-51D is a late model block/revision 25 or 30, at a hunch I would say ED chose this late version as it allowed them to include HVARs as part of the weopons aresenal. Most of the skins included with the sim are for ealier revisions and are slightly ahistorical. Most people wouldn't be aware of this minor issue so it's not a problem to be honest (IMHO). The antenna under the nose was a PTO Iwo Jima mod and was PTO only.

Lots of very good Iwo P-51D images on this site.

http://www.7thfighter.com/albums/index.php/Iwo-Jima-Post-Invasion-Ops/342-FH-3A-42170-70296AC_45th_fs_p_71_mary_beth_67_tom_cat_463433_

thanks for the photos buddy...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog