LD-10 is too weird

amalahama

I'm sorry, but LD-10 mechanics just don't make sense for a modern ARM:

- None of the modes allows you to choose the target that the missile will track

- Pilot have zero control on the final target acquired and destroyed - a real friendly-fire problem

- Not even possible to stablish radar filters, to priorize the radar signals to attack.

- I don't undertand SP mode, how does the missile know which emissor locked your aircraft? what happen when several RWR contacts have a lock on you at the same time?

Plus, LD-10 have an incredible accuracy even when radar emissor switch off the radar mid-course. This might be OK for ACT mode (since you shoot to a specific geographical location) but shouldn't be in other modes PAS and SP.

1. ACT tracks the target closest to your SPI - it is *supposed* to be used when you have a SPI on your target. So if used correctly, it allows you to choose.

2. PAS is what it says on the tin. Passive mode. Don't use if you have friendlies in the area. That goes without saying.

3. SP mode: Tracks against a radar which is tracking you. Goes against the ones with highest priority/threat level.

seems kinda simple to me

"Your pumping days are over, Megatron!" -Optimus Prime

"This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence" -Vyvian

Grodlund has everything right, there is no issue. If you have to choose be locked by the one radar or plan it before hand with ACT mode and a waypoint on the SAM you want to kill

It has INS, so as long as emitter was on long enough to get a precise direction, it’s possible to hit

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

1. ACT tracks the target closest to your SPI - it is *supposed* to be used when you have a SPI on your target. So if used correctly, it allows you to choose.

Yes, but normally you don't know where the air defense equipment is, but you may have a clear identification in the RWR. Just imagine Serbia campaign, when SEAD squadrons where appointed to bring down all the SA-6 mobile air defenses. It doesn't make sense that pilots can't just tell the missile to which emitter it should guide.

It’s a real limitation that comes with its own considerations. It rewards having pre planned coordinates of a fixed site, the SP mode goes after hard locks first, and if you fire enough in Passive mode with enough separation you can suppress a cluster of a variety of SAMs.

It’s a SEAD weapon first and DEAD only in certain situations and if used correctly. You’re true DEAD weapons are going to be GB-6 SFW and cluster, CM-802AKG, or even BRM1-90 for SHORAD.

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

China does not have much experience on modern SEAD/DEAD warfare as the US. This will also affect the weapon design.

So the LD10 just work like it should.

In SP mode missile know which emmiter to chase because the RWR will pass through the information it got to the missile. When a emmiter is illuminating the plane, it's operation frequency, PRF, incoming AZ / EL can be intercept by RWR.

Deka Ironwork Tester Team

Gotcha, thanks. I see LD10 now more like a self-defence weapon, Sidearm alike, than a SEAD missile. Although ACT make use of the INS, if you know the precise location of the emitter, I would use a different weapon to strike

Edited by amalahama

Is it possible to create a markpoint on RWR contacts? And second question, is it accurate enough?

Nope, but you can set SPI around general distance and AZ to fire ACT mode. Accuracy is not enough for IAM weapon's delivery, but you could slave the TGP to that area and search for missile trails.

Deka Ironwork Tester Team

Something worth considering is that Deka may not have all the information on the LD10's functionality (or is not allowed to simulate it). So some functionality might be missing.

It strikes me that a missile with the LD10's range and navigational accuracy would be able to filter certain emitters, especially in Active and Passive launch modes.