[CHECKING] Trouble firing second laser mav

jason_peters

OK, so I looked at the track, and just for clarity, when you were changing the laser codes, you never uncaged the Maverick, if I take control of the track I can uncage and it tracks fine. After you finally fire a laser Mav, I don't see you try and lock up the second one again.

There is no problem after changing the laser code, the problem was before.

When I changed the laser code to 1111 it works fine.

The problem happened after firing both AGM65-F ( it is at 2:56 minutes), I changed to MAV, fire the laser, uncage (at 3:30 minutes), no track.

Then I tried to cage, uncage, stop laser, and fire it again and still no track.

At 4:45 and after trying to change the laser code to 1111 then MAV start tracking.

I will try to reproduce it once again and share it with.

By the way the problem in the track file is:

MAV not tracking after using other AG weapon (MAVF for my case)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So here is my track file. Please dont laugh - I concentrated so much on making everything right that I forgot my speed and almost entered stall at my first attempt...

So here is what I did:

1. SMS page, select Mav, enter code

2. Switch on pod, search and designate target

3. uncage the mav

4. laser to on

5. mav shows the sqare (lock), fire

(the next selected mav was uncaged at first, went then to caged by itself)

6. after that, while flying away from tgt: select next target, designate

7. turning around

8. uncage the mav

9. firing the laser

10. mav shows the cross only, no square

If you watch it really close, you´ll see that the square appears a second as I´m right over the target again - so as the whole stuff would only work if you approach from the same side, but not from the opposide direction.

LaserMav2.trk

Edited by Airbusjoerg

Best regards

Jörg

There is no problem after changing the laser code, the problem was before.

When I changed the laser code to 1111 it works fine.

The problem happened after firing both AGM65-F ( it is at 2:56 minutes), I changed to MAV, fire the laser, uncage (at 3:30 minutes), no track.

Then I tried to cage, uncage, stop laser, and fire it again and still no track.

At 4:45 and after trying to change the laser code to 1111 then MAV start tracking.

I will try to reproduce it once again and share it with.

By the way the problem in the track file is:

MAV not tracking after using other AG weapon (MAVF for my case)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did a quick test using my own mission. I loaded 2xLMAV and 2xIrMAV. On the first hop I fired 2 IR MAVs then switch to LMAVs and had the same issue. LTD/R was firing but the Mav would not pick it up. Since I was getting too close to the targets I circled around and tried to cage then uncage the Mav again. It wouldn't cage. the seeker drifted toward the center initially then as soon as it got there it "bounced" back and started scanning again regardless of whether the target was designated or not. Repeated the attack making sure the LTD/R was on, no luck. The LMAV seeker would not lock. I didn't even bother changing the codes.

On the second hop I fired the LMAVs first with no issues. IR Mavs worked with no problems too.

Have been having the same problem, second LMAV won't lock...but now I'm trying to make a track file, of course it's working fine...

However, two strange behaviours I did capture in the track file

1) The first time I go to left DDI the MAV is uncaged without me hitting uncage, just happens with sensor switch left as soon as the dot appears on the screen, and the MAV finds the area to track (the area the TPOD is pointing at) before I turn on the laser - Maybe this is expected behaviour (22:01:27 0n the trk)? ***EDIT*** checking back over old YouTube videos, the second half of this does seem to work as expected, MAV seeker slaves to tpod designated area before laser is fired - but for me the seeker still uncages when I select theDDI but before I’ve had a chance to hit the uncage button...

2) as mentioned by others already, I can't cage the second MAV, as I turn away after selecting the second target I'm hitting the cage button several times (right DDI selected), you can see the seeker bounce around but every time it hits the middle it bounces back out again

m.trk

Edited by Tic-Tac

For the bouncing back after cage (it is also in the video up), I tried to hold the uncage/cage button to force it to cage (I'm not sure if it is the correct way to force to cage..), this work sometimes and sometimes it stops moving, but most of the time it cage.

this other problem is also in the track file I provide and in the video.

I just had the same issue using a JTAC instead of a Tpod. It seemed to be seeing the laser, but wouldn't lock and wouldn't fire.

Aorus Z370 Ultra Gaming WiFi MB | i7-8700k @ 4.9 GHz | EVGA GTX 1070 Ti | 32 GB CORSAIR Vengeance 3000 MHz DDR4 Ram | Corsair H100 Pro Cooler | RaidMax TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD |TM Warthog Hotas w/ F/A-18 Hornet grip | Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | Oculus Rift S

DCS | AV8B | F18C | F-16C | A10C | Mig 29 | F15 | SA-342 | Huey | Persian Gulf | NTTR | Combined Arms

• ED Team
Have been having the same problem, second LMAV won't lock...but now I'm trying to make a track file, of course it's working fine...

However, two strange behaviours I did capture in the track file

1) The first time I go to left DDI the MAV is uncaged without me hitting uncage, just happens with sensor switch left as soon as the dot appears on the screen, and the MAV finds the area to track (the area the TPOD is pointing at) before I turn on the laser - Maybe this is expected behaviour (22:01:27 0n the trk)? ***EDIT*** checking back over old YouTube videos, the second half of this does seem to work as expected, MAV seeker slaves to tpod designated area before laser is fired - but for me the seeker still uncages when I select theDDI but before I’ve had a chance to hit the uncage button...

2) as mentioned by others already, I can't cage the second MAV, as I turn away after selecting the second target I'm hitting the cage button several times (right DDI selected), you can see the seeker bounce around but every time it hits the middle it bounces back out again

Sorry, back now, I will check your track.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

• 3 weeks later...

AGM65E issues with TGP

I have been having issues with locking up and firing the AGM65E when self designating with TGP, especially after firing a AGM65F. I think i have the procedure down right:-

1) go to A/G mode

2) Enable laser

3) set laser code with UFC - 1688

2) Go to FLIR and lock up with TGP. make sure Trigger on and then arm laser LTD/R

3) sensor left to Mav

4) uncage

5)wait for LKD and fire

I don't have this issue if I am firing the AGM65E first. I have posted a track below.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for your help in advance!

AGM65E-2.trk

You never set your laser code in the TGP. After you set the LTD/R switch to ARM, you have to use the UFC option on the FLIR page and set your laser code for LTDC (LTSC would set the LSS code).

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

You never set your laser code in the TGP. After you set the LTD/R switch to ARM, you have to use the UFC option on the FLIR page and set your laser code for LTDC (LTSC would set the LSS code).

The OP used 1688, which is the default code for the pod's laser.

I also had problems with the E after firing an F, in a MP server. Others too: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=269753

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

It does, I'll often omit changing it if I'm using 1688 for my weapons. In my case, I was using 1588 when I encountered the issue, so I had manually changed LTDC before.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

I have been having issues with locking up and firing the AGM65E when self designating with TGP, especially after firing a AGM65F. I think i have the procedure down right:-

1) go to A/G mode

2) Enable laser

3) set laser code with UFC - 1688

2) Go to FLIR and lock up with TGP. make sure Trigger on and then arm laser LTD/R

3) sensor left to Mav

4) uncage

5)wait for LKD and fire

I don't have this issue if I am firing the AGM65E first. I have posted a track below.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for your help in advance!

This issue has been around for a while. There is a thread already somewhere in the bugs section.

It seems like. I did couple of tests last night. On the first hop I loaded 2x F and 2x E.

Exactly the same issue described by OP.

Second hop: 4x E The first missile no problem, second no problem. The third, I was too close and circled for another shot. I was still quite close when I lined up with tgt and the LTD/R was on but the missile didn't pick it up. I should mention that the target was designated before I started my go around, then I decided to cage the missile and in order to do that I had to undesignate the tgt. I re-designated the tgt when lined up, the Mav snapped to it when uncaged but no luck with picking up LTD/R... until I passed directly over the target. I don't know WTF was going on with that.

On the third hop and forth flight everything worked great.

4x F - all 4 missiles in one pass, no problems.

4x E - 1 missile each pass. I circled between 10 and 5nm from targets. Each time I had the next target locked before initiating go around. No fiddling with cage/uncage this time. Once I turned the LTD/R on it automatically switched to stby then back to on when the target was on the nose and the Mav snapped to it.

I have the clip from the last 2 flights. It's long and boring since everything worked fine:)

If you feel like watching it:https://youtu.be/7GhA47JzQx4

Edited by Gripes323
typo

Firstly apologies as I did not notice this post. It sounds like the same issue though the original post read like he fired 2 x AGM65Es. I kept trying with a MavF and a MavE so I could fire 2 Mavs in a single pass.

I will try with multiple AGM65Es, though Gripes has already tested this.