F18 HARM TOO question

CBenson89

Yes, when in TOO mode and with TDC Priority assigned to the HARM page, you can step through targets with the FOV/RAID button on the throttle, and hand-off that target to the missile for guidance with the Uncage button.

Guide from Wags:

PLEASE do that. I've seen so many people in MP shoot friendly SAM systems with HARMs.

Reminds me of a (probably apocryphal) comment made by an old chief during the Normandy landings, when they used P-38s for fleet coverage because the Germans had nothing that looked remotely like a P-38 and invasion stripes to make the aircraft plainly visible.

"We're gonna shoot 'em all down. We can sort the wreckage later."

So, back on topic, do multiplayer sites always separate 'red' from 'blue' SAM systems? I've seen mixed aircraft, so I imagine some BOFH server admin could scramble the SAMs and make those filters useless.

So, back on topic, do multiplayer sites always separate 'red' from 'blue' SAM systems? I've seen mixed aircraft, so I imagine some BOFH server admin could scramble the SAMs and make those filters useless.

I think it is more of a "magic" fix in DCS as even with friendlies and enemies using the same systems (SA-15 for example) in proximity to each other when the HARM is set to hostile only it just seems to know the difference.

• 3 weeks later...

I use AI for SEAD a lot. I guess their "logic" is sufficient to saturate the defenses but it would be nice if there was a way to assign their targets. Some would focus on search radars first, some would wait till tracking radars locks.

I have a short clip here showing volleys of HARM's going for tracking radars only (before Harpoons arrived) then attacking search radars.

It was a good pyro show:D