MINING

BitMaster

reserved...

Bit

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Is this really worth it?

Icarus_Bitcoin_Mining_rig.jpg

I guess it's a crypto currencies topic...

Bit, I'm sorry for my impatience... :)

Edited by Falcon_S

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

good god, that's incredible! I bet you could get a full 90fps on VR with that setup! :-)

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Do it !

just poking a mate thru via PM in here.

Start NOW ;) it pays, and it does well.

I will write down what I know so far later tonight, so you might take that as a starter.

Read, read read, before you go at it. It is complex as a whole but can be devided real nice into segments, that later will fit and make sense once you got the basics.

So far, this is what I use:

Awesome Mner for GPU Mining

NiceHash Miner "only" for CPU

Ahashpool for ming atm, right now the best paying pool I have found in Awesome Miner, tho I use 6 others as well.

Jaxx, as an easy to start wallet, it s not the most secure but will be good to go until you own a few hundred €/$ worth of coins. Use the PIN feature !

Yeah, lets get together and share what we know so far.

Pic is the rig at work, full bore GPU + CPU, Wallets open...stress...;) Work, SLAVE !!!

Unbenannt.thumb.JPG.5a5210fc75cade223c0456df30d52d46.JPG

Edited by BitMaster

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Do it !

just poking a mate thru via PM in here.

Start NOW ;) it pays, and it does well.

I will write down what I know so far later tonight, so you might take that as a starter.

Read, read read, before you go at it. It is complex as a whole but can be devided real nice into segments, that later will fit and make sense once you got the basics.

So far, this is what I use:

Awesome Mner for GPU Mining

NiceHash Miner "only" for CPU

Ahashpool for ming atm, right now the best paying pool I have found in Awesome Miner, tho I use 6 others as well.

Jaxx, as an easy to start wallet, it s not the most secure but will be good to go until you own a few hundred €/$ worth of coins. Use the PIN feature !

Yeah, lets get together and share what we know so far.

Pic is the rig at work, full bore GPU + CPU, Wallets open...stress...;) Work, SLAVE !!!

Whats a good site / crypto currency to get started with that takes you through all the basics?

Whats a good site / crypto currency to get started with that takes you through all the basics?

Actually none that I have found has all the info that I think are needed, based on what I know this is very relative by definition. No site goes deep and is like a swiss army knife, if they are, they dont go deep, usually.

Good sites are the sites from the coins themselves. If those sites give you no info, then do not do that coin as it may not be maintained properly, is egocentric in it's use ( serves the devs only ).

There are many coins one should avoid collecting, but mining with a pool is a toztally different approach. Crypto has MANY approaches, with different goals and toolsets and mindsets. That is one tning to remember. And first, you have to know enough to visualize this and find yourself in there, what part you want to play, the miner, the trader, both, long term or cash out fast, nviai or amd, CPU yes or no, will my PSU take it, what doies the wife say when this PC screams like hell day and night and I fall to my knee in front of it like it was the lord, will she still love me ?

Heck, you have to read a bit yourself, like this, what I type, and much more, and then decide.

I'm a little skeptical about this if we use our standard PC for mining... Many sources said PC/CPU is to slow for hashing so i don`t know yet how is profitable. (worth it?)

But here is calculator for my CPU AMD FX6100:

https://www.miningbenchmark.net/calculator1.php?idcarte=266&hp=240&pc=95&cpk=0.12

I'm not sure if I missed anything and I probably did...and very lost in all this about mining. Because of that i`m not start it yet :)

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

Having my hardware earn money for me, yeah, sounds nice. If only...

... it didn't use electric energy like crazy. And I'm not concerned about the cost. That's easy to factor in. But the fact that the energy consumption is completely going through the roof, and keeps getting worse by the minute, that's friggin worrying. According to some articles, we're already using up as much energy as the country of Ireland just for this purpose. This is simply insane, and one thing I know for sure is that this doesn't scale, meaning we can't keep up the pace.

Besides, I'm certainly not the only one to wait for the bubble to burst. My predictions tend to be bad (if I'd properly predicted the Bitcoin course, I'd be rich - but I haven't, and I ain't :D), but if and when this bubble bursts, people will have invested a lot of cash in mining hardware that will become pretty much useless. Among other factors, mining destroys the 2nd hand market. Who'd wanna purchase a gfx card that may have run at full speed for 3 or 6 or 12 months in a row?

Lets talk tacheles now.

After working with pure miners and batchfiles, scripst and that mining mostly ethereum only I found this tool thru another forum. Awesome Miner. its free with 2 miners, more cost money but will also give you more features. For now, I think free is enough.

Awesome Miner uses and downloads all those scripts in all varinats you wouldnt even find on the net automatically, that is so welcome after a week pure notepad++ pure handwork, believe me. But it not only employs all relevant miners for AMD and nVidia, it also has features that make it act as a Profit Miner, as it scans the pools you subscribe too for the best value at that time ( that'show you get paid, the value goes up and down, your pay/hour/min/sec is based on what you reads WHILE you mine ). It can do that in any intervall, mine is 300 sec./5min. Every 5min I check if another pool or algorythm even with the same pool has a better reward AT THAT MOMENT. If yes, AWE switches over.

I minjed with scripts and proudly posted on [H] forum, DANG...Pieri told me how stupid I was and that I could make 2-3x as much with other Algos and better pool management. If you only mine 1 pool, nanopool, with ethereum only, that tells you to fu&&& read up the pages and get there, that was all I needed to climb another ladder, from 3,45€/day to 7.50-10€/day. One single " damn Bit, that BS, do this and that !" I like [H], its straight forward and honest, post BS and you get strafed ;) haha ! No better way to learn.

After that msg I found AWE or AM as many say, Awesome Miner, it's a well known tool, just if you are new, everything is unknown and new. AWE has many features, some are not active in free edition, some are, none the less, it is a big gain.

AWE can control almost any miner, CPU, GPU, ASIC, local, remote, etc. that you could possibly own, and it can control many hundreds of it ( pay version ). I guess mining with many many cards makes it mandatory to buy a bigger version, with Afterburner integration etc.. NICE !

Once you have it installed, go to tools, Benchmark, choose your GPU(s), check all algos and let it benchmark. Once done, SAVE it to your GPU vendor profile.

Redo this when you change driver, change card settings, etc... and it takes TIME, its not 123 done benchmark.

Once you have done the benching, set up your pools in Options, Profit Switching.

In order to do that, you DO NEED a btc wallet and it's public key, aka address. That address you put in the pools config field as payout address, set the hook and done. You can change interval from default 15min to 5min. Imho that pays, switch more often. The scxripts I used all had 300 sec autoswitch, not 900sec ;) !

You can then set up the actual mining process. Add NEW MINER, select MANAGED PROFIT MINER, choose your GPU profile, AMD or nVidia and finsih. Done ! ready-2-mine

Now start the miner and watch the payout going up and down over time, autoswitch tries to stay on the high wave tips and avoid the lows for too long. Thus, I think, 15min is bad as it wont change if it is stuck at 3€ foir 15min but will if you set to 5min after 1/3 of the time.

YOu can duplicate the Nvidia profile, call it TOP or whatever and only select the top 5 paying algos that you see usually, Tribus, Skein, Timetravel, Lyra etc etc... those that give you good payout. Only select those in that profile. Then make a 2nd miner, same as before, but use the TOP profile instead of the default nVidia that we benched.

Now when your default miner is stuck at 3€, start #2, wait until it actually mines, then stop #1. Do this whenever you watch it, that gives a little extra but only works if you watch it. I do a lot and often rescue one or the other penny, hehe, rather useless when away that trick tho.

Wallets..oh boy. you gotta read yourself a lot to assure yourself that you got it.

That much from me. Choose a simple one, light wallet, to begin with, Jaxx is a good start. It is not secured by passwords but a a 4-digit PIN if defined, but it is easy to use and features the common coins you will come across. TAKE A NOTE OF THOSE 12 WORDS, this is your way back to the wallet, aka BACKUP, with content, with any currency you will ever use in JAXX, all is in those 12 words, keep them SAFE !!! Many wallets use seeds, some are way way longer than 12 words, SIA for example.

Anyway, once you insatall Jaxx it makes up Wallets for you from those coins you select. The public address is displayed for each coin selected with its QR code in the main window, next to it is a copy-2-clipboard icon. Use that to coipy the BTC address to AWE Profle Switching options tab and fill it in the pool's payout address field. Dont mess this up or u get no money !

For me, ahash pool brings the highest return, tho I have used all others + more, and still need to mine on a few of them to reach the payout threshold and get my BTC.

The more pools you use and switch, the longer it takes until you reach the threshold in each, they vary from 0.001 to 0.01 BTC, like 11-110US$, that you need to have mined before you get your BTC sent to your address, aka Jaxx, or any Wallet you choose.

Hash Refinery has a 0.001 threshold for sundays, that is low and should give you some coins to play with after 1 week mining. circa.

If your CPU is supported, you can use NiceHash ( you are then a seller on their site ) Mining tool and make a euro or so per day with your CPU.

Almost all pools pay in BTC, Mining Pool Hub is the only one in AWE that allows you to mine the coin directly and keep it, or auto exchange to another currency. If you like that, it needs more reading and understandiumg when it come to collecting coins for the future, the MPH is for you.

MPH needs a different setup in AWE. YOu define a Worker and Username on MPH website, after creating the actual account. Then you type that into AWE. mine is like this: BitMaster/8700k

MPH is not paying that well for direct cash out, but you can mine coins, keep them, and hope that those coins go x5, x10, x1000 in 1-2 years time, and you can exchange any coin to ETH, which is a gpood choice for now.

BTC has VERY high transaction fees, prepare to move away from BTC, many do so already. The move has many reasons, security on the black market is one, BTC is traceable, Zcash and DASH not, Ethereum has lower fees and is generally faster. Watch the coins on CryptoCompare

or any other site of weeks and months and get an idea. What I type cannot substitute that.

Be patient, after 2h min ing there is nothing to see, lots of zeroes averywhere :(

But it will come, day after day it sums up, your btc will rise and if the market is stable and around 13k$/btc you can make money.

I havemade a simple spread sheet, all pools, 10am every day I take notes, see how they perform, what the sum is in btc, what the market values is that day in Euro, BTC and my ETH.

My goal is 230€ or more from 24th Dec till 24th Jan. I am at roughly 165€ and got 10 days to go, looking good. If the BTC crashes, yeah, I lost play money, as long as I can cash out every 2 weeks, the risc is minimal. If you keep coins, you risc more, but hey, you may make the big draw and the 4 SIA I own are then worth 10k...who knows.

I know, if you dont try you wont know...and no guts no glory

nVidia:

use afterburner, hopefully your card supports CTRL-F / Curve feature. Try to lower your cards mVolt it applies. I hover above 1800MHz with 880mV which means my GPU is UNDERCLOCKED und UNDERVOLTED, my RAM is OVER_EXCTRA_OVERCLOCKED to 12000MHz, that pays far more than GPU cycles, and has less heat as consequence, also less watts.

The MH/w value is best with your GPU underclock/undervolt but RAM to max OC.

This damn Poseidon does not cool as a true waterblock, sadly, so my temps are 55-65°C in true 24/7 mining, with CPU, and also with 2nd GPU sometimes, as one comes in it mines hehe ;)

A true WB would not go over 50°C I assume. Plus my Fans ( hybrid ) are 40% fixed. safe is safe. My PC is still very silent, thanks to my big extl radiator.

All other mining PC's I have seen are loud as hell ! Be warned ! you need good good cooling, day in day out. Watercooling is good, more radiator surface is welcome.

You need perm. Internet as well, low bandwidth but its gotta be ON

If you play with Wallets, be warned, some are HUGE, my original Bitcoin Core Clienbt Wallet has the FULL BlockChain attached, you actually download those 169GB full speed. It's a heavy weight app. So is the true Ethereum full core client Wallet, full BlockChain, HEAVY, very very very I/O intensive. Forget HDD !!! you may try and get lucky, I tried again, no luck, it wont sync. it does on ssd ort nvme. BTC core wallet is OK on hdd.

Read up on Wallets, theor + and - for each variant, FEES that apply when using this or that feature etc.. That can be very complex, some coins are a complete ecosystem, like ethereum.

DO not try out those wallets on day 1 when u do the miner and awe, that will tilt you.

Use Jaxx to begin with.

You can make yourself gazillions of BTC and what not else for coins in a matter of minutes.

No worry, just keep it simple, and wallets are the most complex and dangerous part that you HAVE TO deal with.

Use GPG/Kleopatra on Windows to encrypt your Wallet backups ( seeds, files ) with a LOOOOONG Password, then send it to Nirvana, aka your Cloud storage, or USB drive and store it away.

You can use a Paper Wallet, you actually should sooner or later. As a drop box, to deposit coins SAFELY OFFSITE-OFFLINE. Never ever has that priv kery been on any PC, that sort of HARD LOCK DEPOSIT.

read... ;) need to go & eat my cheese now, wife already looks at me in a strange manner O_o

My energy consumption, according to Corsair Link, isa good portion below 500W with only my single card and the CPU at work.

You can actually read the Wattage in the Cuda box, every 30 sec or so it shows it, 184w, 336kh/w @ Lyra2REv2 at 70%TDP and 65°C limit, curved volts/mhz

I'm a little skeptical about this if we use our standard PC for mining... Many sources said PC/CPU is to slow for hashing so i don`t know yet how is profitable. (worth it?)

But here is calculator for my CPU AMD FX6100:

https://www.miningbenchmark.net/calculator1.php?idcarte=266&hp=240&pc=95&cpk=0.12

I'm not sure if I missed anything and I probably did...and very lost in all this about mining. Because of that i`m not start it yet :)

My CPU has done a few benchmarks and all but NiceHash told me its pennies only, like 0,02€/day with AWE.

NH, to my surprise, makes over 1€ with my CPU on 6 cores only, it will not tilt your CPU, one can still work on it, YT, word, excel, etc.. and it only boosts wattage to 54w on my 8700k at 5G, that is very mild mining for 1€/day.

But hey, if you dont feel safe, stay away. Just wanted to point out that you missed one good benchmark, NiceHash Mining Tool ;)

Tbh, if you pay electricity, am old FX AMD is not the way to go. May pal makes over 1€ a day with his FX at 5G and many many hundred watts, more than his 2 x 1070 need !!! He has free electricity, so he doesnt care and heats the room with it too, true .

CPU mining only works well with recent CPU's, a 5820k will not pass the NH tester, its not accepetd. Tried that, baaah..the server cant participate :(

Edited by BitMaster

I wouldn't mine bitcoin without dedicated asic hardware, if you're looking to actually mine anything remotely like a serious amount.

Plus, currently the increase per month of difficulty is approx ~15%, meaning you either give it more juice or face reducing mining amount.

Other cryptocurrencies, especially those without hard currency caps, might be better long term. Quite a few of the fledgling ones might be worth a bit of mining time as a hedge incase they spike in value a few years down the line.

yeah, as I said, dont even think of trying to mine bitcoin without ASIC.

In my personal judgement, BTC usage will slowly decrease, the black market demands a non-traceable, fast and cheap currenc. BTC does not qualify in any of those fields anymore as sufficient. It's traceable, it's expensive to work with, it got quasi "monopolized" by ASIC farms, it can be damn slow.

To counter this, many coins have been developed that try to get a piece of the cake. To name a few that I think will make it and may even pull even with BTC in the future. Ethereum, Zcash and Dash, maybe a few more, but that is all very speculative.

Again, what I described is not trading or working with digital currencies long term, you mine until htreshold and cash it out to your bank or paypal. The risc to get robbed is as long as you need to cash out, 10-20 days, maybe faster, 30-70€ each transaction. Not a too big risc to take.

Once you have them in your wallet, its up to you what you do with it. Speculate with it, by Sibcoin and Dogecoin, load up paypal, anything works.

All I say is, it pays to mine with the right pools and hardware, even if you pay a fortune for electricity as we germans do, 0,30€/kWh. That is like 3-4x as much as in Texas, just to give you an idea.

Mining coins directly, with stratum and batchfiles is beyond what I want to describe here. I can do this, its not complicated to learn and who wants to dig deep into it, the string is in clear text in AWE once the miner runs for each algo, you can basically copy & paste if you know what where and why. It is just more demanding knowledge wise, you need to understand the market, something TOTALLY different then setting up a miner.

Like knowing how to repair a car - and knowing how to run a car repair shop.

It pays to know both parts, even if you do only one part of them, but they remain totally different realms of mentality and origin, goals and maximes.

Saving coins, judging the market, making predictions, please let us open another thread for that.

Let's leave this one pure technical, with little surrounding to explain the basics and technics used.

I am happy for any input from more experienced miners, I started not even a month ago, read every day, tried many different cards and PC's. Steep learninG curve I have to admit, and I am far from the zenith, so all I write now, is only as far as I have come, it is not the golden cow and not the ultimate guide, but better than nothing if you know as little as I did 4 weeks ago.

BTW my first payment from Hash refinery came in, took 1h till certified, no fees substracted, 100% into my BTC account.

NICE ! keep on comin' lil bitties :) come to daddy...

Did you factor in the capital gains tax you have to pay when mining into your productivity rating?

yes, I read about the taxes etc.. they do vary from nation to nation.

As long as you dont cash out to a bank, no one knows what you own.

From the moment you drop it on a bank it becomes a different story.

Up to 600€ gain its free, above must be taxed, IF you did it via trading ONLY.

If you mine, they treat you like a corp.. Does that mean I can write off some Ti's ??

If they treat it as a corp, you should be able to write off your goods, as usual.

Once the account is big enough I will address this luxury "issue"

Don't forget the impact this will have on your electric bill, it can add up fast.

I am used to 600W light bulbs, from my green days, many of them.

This one card is peanuts compared to growing tomatoes, hands down. ALso cooling a miner is a joke, peanuts.

0,4kWh x 24h = 9.6 kWh/day x 0,30€ = 2,88€/day total cost

I usually have this rig on 24/7 anway, or only shut down a few hours. SO I actually only have to worry for the extra GPU wattage, which is always below 200w.

Edited by BitMaster

I will add that there's probably more ecologic ways to make a living, but ah well, it's a free country... :)

The amount of electricity being turned into waste heat for BTC mining, it's a bit obscene though.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

I used to do prime and all sorts of Distributed Computing, math, medical, climate, astro, etc..

THAT used a lot of power, with no reward other than the feeling " I did help to save the world"

I did my fair share of DC volunteering, now I wanna earn my next GPU, CPU, DCS modules with this rig. I wanna see if it works. I got this rig anyway, the card is my DCS card, bought for DCS, so I did not fuel the GPU prices. My CPU, to my astounding, makes money as well. A Threadripper does over 5$/day on Nicehash, that is not nothing, 5$ is a small meal. I have not forgotten what 5$ can mean if you have little or nothing and are hungry.

What is wrong with using those few BTU's to earn some ?

If I drive to any customer, super market, etc.. I use up more BTU's than this. There are many better ways to save electricity and fossile energy. One is taking the bike or bus, or switch that stupid TV off if nobody watches it ( could shoot it anyway, havent watched TV in like "DECADES" ).

What you mean are mining farms, ASIC arrays of monumental size, centralized. That I can understand.

You also have to distinguish between Bitcoin ( which we all DO NOT mine ) and all other currencies floating. Only BTC has this ultra high energy need to do transactions. Processing those transactions is what you call "MINING". YOu dont mine coins, this is maybe a bad pick to describe it, actually totzally off tbh. YOu get a fair share for playing part of the bank that confirms bookings and transactions. THIS is ultra energy intensiv on BTC and will be one of the reasons why I think BTC will eventually give in and let another crypto pass by which is easier and faster to process.

I would like to know the wattage that all bank computers need to do the same work that the BTC network does, or ETH network. I could bet that those IBM farms, Xeon arrays of thousands of servers do not need less elctricity. The stock exchange alone with its super fast servers and dedicated transatlantic wires...they are in no way better or more efficient, if at all at the baseline number.

compare apples to apples, not one fruit vs. a whole fruit basket.

..and hey, I like the little extra heating at my desk ;) no kiddin'

Edited by BitMaster

Some help to sync ETH wallet, in case someone wants to do this with the full client, portable or installer.

It WILL VERY LIKELY NOT SYNC on HDD, PERIOD ! Dont waste your time !

It would also not stay synced if moved to HDD after syncing on SSD/NVMe

The read/write load is often above 50MB/sec both at the same time, no HDD can do that, heck, even a slow SSD could be an obstacle with this.

This is a bad situation and not welcome at all, the devs need to fix this. SOme keep syncing for weeks and cant catch up.

My solution was this script I found, it's NOT from me, I just put in my paths.

Copy this to a text file, name it sync.CMD or whatever, but .cmd as ending.

Let it run over night and it will sync your ETH Wallet when you are too far off to sync the normal way ( normal paramters for RAM, Peers, etc.. )

You need to close ETH-Wallet in TaskManager, check if you have stuck processes, sometimes 8-16 x !

It is advised to use this with a blank blockchain to start with but it worked on my 90% done BC and finsihed it over night, aka synced it again.

I will also show you what to add to the Wallet process as options, so you can store your BC elsewhere ( SSD !) and not in C:\users\lars\APPDATA\ROAMING\Ethereum\geth\.... which is your OS drive. If it fits, its OK, if you need to put it elsewhere, use the --datadir option.

Sync-CMD file :

(( change your path !!!!!!!!!! )

C:

cd "C:\Users\YOUR_NAME\AppData\Roaming\Ethereum Wallet\binaries\Geth\unpacked"

:loop

%@Try%

call "geth.exe" --fast --cache=512 --datadir="E:\Ethereum"

timeout 2

%@Endtry%

:@catch

goto loop

:@endcatch

goto loop

My startup options ( works for portable + installer ):

"E:\Ethereum\win-ia32-unpacked\Ethereum Wallet.exe" --node-datadir="E:\Ethereum" --fast --cache=2048 --maxpeers=50

you may lower the RAM if it eats up too much...and change the datadir path to where you like the BC to be stored.

!!! YOUR KEYS WILL BE STORED THERE TOO !!! only use a drive where you control access, no share for the world !

all this is from google, not my inventions.

Edited by BitMaster