A-10C Wishlist

onib89

Ooh.. is this for Santa!?

(Sorry, couldn't resist)

But really... we all want these things. The graphics are being done, but it takes time...

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR

Ooh.. is this for Santa!?

(Sorry, couldn't resist)

But really... we all want these things. The graphics are being done, but it takes time...

Why yes, yes it is for Santa. I've been wanting a new office. (Sorry, I, too, couldn't resist. Santa is my part time gig.)

All very nice but don't forget also the busted sound since 2.5.4 stable....

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=230832

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

• 1 month later...

I'd love to have better TAD symbology/functionality.

I would even pay loads of money for a more modern A-10 with the HMIT. It could be a separate module for what I care. However, I suppose we won't have any of this within the next decade unless there is public material available which the developers could actually use.

For me:

Important wishes:

-Chocks

Other minor wishes:

-External air for starting

-Enhanced pilod movement (as F-14 does)

-Ability for hyd pump engagement on ground (for ground checks)

-Raindrops.

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO WiFi AC / i7-8700K@5.0 GHz / 2xM.2 Toshiba OCZ RD400 1Tb / 4xCorsair 8Gb (32Gb) DDR4@3000 MHz / 2xGeforce GTX 1080 Ti + 1Geforce GTX 680 / SoundBlaster Fatal1ty / Windows 10 Home x64 / TM Warthog / TM TPR Pedals / Oculus Rift / Samsung UE32EH5000W

I'd love to have better TAD symbology/functionality.

I would even pay loads of money for a more modern A-10 with the HMCS. It could be a separate module for what I care. However, I suppose we won't have any of this within the next decade unless there is public material available which the developers could actually use.

fixed this for you. I would leave a suite 7 plus with HMCS and it include all the symbology that can appear on the TAD and HMCS. I’ve got a handful of other things that are wrong on the current version I’d like to see fixed but the A-10C, at least appears to be anyways, ED’s lowest priority module.

For me:

Important wishes:

-Chocks - agree

Other minor wishes:

-External air for starting - why we NEVER use external air to start up

-Enhanced pilod movement (as F-14 does) - good luck, none of EDs modules have head movement like the 14

-Ability for hyd pump engagement on ground (for ground checks) - ground checks with pilots is never done with APG hydraulic power or hydraulic test stands. Only with engines running prior to lunch

-Raindrops. - should be part of the updated cockpit and external model.

Edited by Snoopy

Editable layout in order to draw killboxes and roz and others, and threat circles on the TAD would not be bad at all!

Creating areas like killboxes in the TAD is already possible by creating waypoints for the corners and adding them to a flight plan. You just need to add one WP as first and last to get a nice closed shape.

Creating areas like killboxes in the TAD is already possible by creating waypoints for the corners and adding them to a flight plan. You just need to add one WP as first and last to get a nice closed shape.

Yes but that’s not how it’s done real world.

Edited by Snoopy

I too would pay ££'s for an updated suite, heck even a new module, the 'hog was my first and is still my most loved module, even with the F18 and F14 in my virtual hanger.

Something about loading up a heavy, slow, beast of a plane to deliver tactical strikes where they're needed while still relying on the rest of your forces to provide air cover on your way in and out instead of being some multi-role, do it all yourself supersonic dart, it just feels a bit more authentic and I can enjoy the atmosphere more in our slow old beast.

Brrrrt

I think I would too. A graphics update and all bugs fixed along with any missing systems. Not a full module price but something for those who already own it and then raise the basic price for those new to buying it. Maybe a new campaign too.

The old girl deserves it.

Buzz

A-10C suite 7 as a module is a great idea. Ive always struggled understandying why ED would upgrade if they cant monetize it. But once f-18 and f-16 are settling down theyll have all the core code close so an A-10 addon is at least business-wise conceivable.

Custom Pit 476 Recruiting

i9-12900KF, 32 GB DDR5, Gigabyte Aorus Z690 Master, Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti, 1TB Sabrent Roket 4+ 2x750GB RAID-0, TrackIR 5 /w clip, CRG9 49” Curved Ultrawide Flight Display+15" Touchscreen+17" Gauges display, Thrustmaster Warthog+7.5cm, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, Streamdeck, Butt Kicker and pneumatic G-Seat

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20220716.png

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20221002.png

Everything I’ve read from ED says that their development contract under which they created the ANG trainer and from which we got the module, prohibits upgrades beyond what we now have.

They would need to negotiate a new contract which isn't being done as easy as it might sound. I haven't seen any indication that ED is inclined to invest resources into that.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

A-10C suite 7 as a module is a great idea. Ive always struggled understandying why ED would upgrade if they cant monetize it. But once f-18 and f-16 are settling down theyll have all the core code close so an A-10 addon is at least business-wise conceivable.

If we got an update suite 7 plus as a minimum otherwise we wouldn’t get HMCS.

As much as a new contract might be needed for ED to develop an updated module due to the previous one, would the same stipulation exist for a third party to come in and create a newer version? Would ED even allow it as a newer suite would potentially devalue a first party product?

I'd love to have a proper discussion launched with ED on this topic, maybe once current priorities are addressed. As it stands, the limitations of our ugly old hawg make it a less and less attractive purchase compared to the F18, that once it has it's TGP will be able to do almost everything the 'hog can do, but faster and arguably better (minus the gun and overall stores capacity).

Brrrrt

As much as a new contract might be needed for ED to develop an updated module due to the previous one, would the same stipulation exist for a third party to come in and create a newer version? Would ED even allow it as a newer suite would potentially devalue a first party product?

I'd love to have a proper discussion launched with ED on this topic, maybe once current priorities are addressed. As it stands, the limitations of our ugly old hawg make it a less and less attractive purchase compared to the F18, that once it has it's TGP will be able to do almost everything the 'hog can do, but faster and arguably better (minus the gun and overall stores capacity).

I highly doubt ED would allow a 3rd party to create a later suite A-10C because it would directly cut into any sales of the current module.

We won’t get into the argument on what does what better all I’ll say is in the two or three times the Hornet will have to go hit the tanker the A-10C will still be engaging targets and hasn’t gone to the tanker once yet.