User files, only 1 file type category?

Quirkitized

I have a question about the User Files section on DCS's website. I uploaded my campaign for ka50 and a10 there, and am happy people are able to download them there.

Two questions:

1. I found it confusing that you had to pick either DCS World or DCS A10C Warthog for example (just one game type). So i put dcs world, but should I of put A10C? It's a bit confusing, I think that maybe I should be able to put, for DCS World, Module A10C. I didn't want to put A10C because what if somebody is only using stand a lone version, ie. people from steam that don't know the dcs world system yet, then it wouldn't work.

2. The other issue is the file type. For the campaign, it's a single player campaign and multiplayer campaign. But I couldn't pick them all, only chose campaign. So for future campaign makers out there, if they make their campaign single player and multiplayer, should we make two separate installs, for those people that don't care to search for single player campaigns but would search for multiplayer missions?

Is the reason you are not able to select multiple categories is so you don't clutter up multiple sections with the same content?

Since old games are discontinued and the future is DCS world, maybe the Game selection should be renamed Module, and DCS world isn't there because it's just the modules. Or maybe a seperate section for discontinued/old products (Stand a lone games, fc1, fc2, etc.)

Edited by Quirkitized

You should have* put whatever is the most appropriate. For example:

If it applies to the entirety of DCS World: select DCS World.

If it applies only to people using A-10C Module: select A-10C.

Regarding campaigns, something to look at, thanks.

*Pet peeve: there's no such thing as "should I of". :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester