[REPORTED] SA PAGE DROPPING FPS

Airmage

I found 441.41 worked best for my 2070Super. No more .ppt presentation.

Hey, Daz.

Quick question: Have you ever tried running your DCS at full 4K with that 2070 Super? Curious because I've thought about upgrading from my 1070.

Thanks,

Nate

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

Hey, Daz.

Quick question: Have you ever tried running your DCS at full 4K with that 2070 Super? Curious because I've thought about upgrading from my 1070.

Thanks,

Nate

I do this precisely (native 4K 3840x2160).... and was the primary reason to go to 2070super from 1070.

From what I recall, a 1070 -> 2070super is like going from a 1070 to a 1080ti, or a 1070 to a 2080 (non super). I think on paper it was like a 30% jump (if that means anything to you).

In game is most important to me.. I use a 40" 4K TV about 18 inches from my nose and a track IR so I wanted smooth >50FPS, ideally 60FPS. Less than 50FPS for me gives me a headache with TrackIR. I also wanted, ideally, to turn on MSAA 2x and run High view distance. The flickering in DCS of terrain / buildings is very annoying without MSAA.

With my old 1070 I ran at 30FPS locked with MSAA off and used frame interpolation on the TV to generate a 60FPS signal. The 1070 could do better than 30FPS, but no where near 50FPS reliably. Using a 30FPS locked signal with frame interpolation on the TV was SUPER smooth, but latency with TrackIR was distracting (playable but meh)....

With my 2070 I am running 4k native at 50-60FPS (80-90% of the time... it is DCS after all) with HIGH settings and 2x MSAA. I sometimes have to turn off mirrors, but it's a HUGE improvement.

2070super got me:

- 50-60fps pretty reliably using HIGH preset settings

- with 2x MSAA avoiding terrain / object flashing at a distance / angle

- no need for smoothing solutions that introduced latency, but I needed to get to 60hz and reduce trackIR headaches

Note - I'm running an i7-3770K at 4.5ghz and 16GB of RAM and SSD for DCS

Edited by Windsortheater

SA kills the fps yep

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

I know this post old, but I'm having similiar issue

This started recently, when I try to fly in the Hornet. My FPS usually stays solid above 75. But, when I try to use my F-18 module, my FPS slowly falls lower and lower at a pretty constant rate. It starts at around 90 FPS and slowly but surely drains down until it bottoms out around 17, then it instantly snaps back up to around 80 and starts all over again. It does this non stop, regardless of graphics settings, mp or sp, with or without other aircraft in the world, with or without any mods enabled, even after running the DCS repair tool. I recorded a cycle of it but it won't let me upload. The longer I'm in game, the lower it will drop during each cycle. I don't know what else to do, I've tried all I can think of. This is my only module that does this, everything else stays above 80 FPS. Anyone seen this before or have an idea of what's wrong?

And I will execute vengeance in anger and fury upon the heathen, such as they have not heard.

Micah 5:15

The F/A-18 isn't the only module affected; the A-10C is having the same problem. Last night flew a mission that starts with F/A-18 for SEAD then I fly the A-10 to obliterate the tanks. Seeing FPS drop from 60 to 12 on both modules; especially when either use the TGP.

The TGP in the Hog has gone back to almost useless in all 3 modes.

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC

The Hornet is the only one that's affected for me, right now. I can't use it in mp or sp, once I get in the air. After about 10 minutes of flying the rise fall cycle drops all the way down to 12 FPS. It doesn't matter if I'm using the SA page or not. It's pretty bad.

And I will execute vengeance in anger and fury upon the heathen, such as they have not heard.

So, i've got the same issue!

My FPS is dropped approx. -20

I've made a detailed explanation video with perfomance data on the screen: https://youtu.be/17CcrnoUF_w

Мой позывной в DCS: _SkyRider_

Мой канал YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGdfzT7-xbgvmPwmUcCNArQ?view_as=subscriber

My callsign on DCS is: _SkyRider_

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGdfzT7-xbgvmPwmUcCNArQ?view_as=subscriber

Yeah, it's pitiful. I can't use my 18, which I can understand if it were just a few weeks but, it has been like this for months now.

It may depend on how it is being measured. If the CPU is absolutely smashed, the reporting software might not get a reading for an interval and effectively counts it as 0, which might make it look like a low reading. It could be caused by not getting a result from just one core, meaning it times out for all of them.

If you are getting a whole CPU result then it is an aggregate speed being reported, as cores are clocked individually on Ryzen 2 and 3 series chips.

I think this is more likely than the CPU actually dropping to 1.5Ghz.

saw another thread with same issue.

if it is the similar thing: check your CPU (not GPU!) clock frq while having those frame drops. the other guy with AMD CPU has about 1.5 GHz while drops occur. (Else: 3+ GHz)

can't remember if they solved his problem...

just a thought that might put you on the right trail?

Just curious why it says [DRIVER ISSUE] instead of [REPORTED] in the subject line. Are we expected to use old drivers to operate the sim, or is ED working on a fix?

My FPS drops to 25% of normal with SA page open, and I prefer to install the newest drivers as Nvidia rolls them out.

Just curious why it says [DRIVER ISSUE] instead of [REPORTED] in the subject line. Are we expected to use old drivers to operate the sim, or is ED working on a fix?

My FPS drops to 25% of normal with SA page open, and I prefer to install the newest drivers as Nvidia rolls them out.

It doesn't say reported since the problem isn't on their end and they cannot fix a NVidia driver. NVidia must fix that hence driver issue.

They can contact NVidia and tell them there is a problem but that is as close as they are going to get to fixing it.

So the choice is yours to make. You go by your preferred method of most recent driver and live with the FPS drop or you prefer to not lose FPS and back track on the driver. Until NVidia fixes the problem.

It may depend on how it is being measured. If the CPU is absolutely smashed, the reporting software might not get a reading for an interval and effectively counts it as 0, which might make it look like a low reading. It could be caused by not getting a result from just one core, meaning it times out for all of them.

If you are getting a whole CPU result then it is an aggregate speed being reported, as cores are clocked individually on Ryzen 2 and 3 series chips.

I think this is more likely than the CPU actually dropping to 1.5Ghz.

Man, I have no idea what that means, lol. All I know is I have an Intel i7-9700k, I wish I knew all that technical stuff though.:huh:

But if that’s the new driver going forward for Nvidia, and the driver is working as intended for the other 99.999% of the games using it, then it is ED’s problem, is it not?

Its not though, the new drivers borked a bunch of other games too.

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

In my opinion, this is definitely not a driver issue.

X-Plane 11 is running Vulkan for more than a week now and requires nvidia driver 445.x or above. I have the same frame rate than before, but not stuttering anymore.

What will happen when DCS will be able to use Vulkan ?

IAMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12x 3.7 to 4.8Ghz - 32Go DDR4 3600Mhz - GeForce RTX 3080 - Samsung Odyssey G7 QLED - AIMXY

So, i've got the same issue!

My FPS is dropping approx. -20

I've made a detailed explanation video with perfomance data on the screen: https://youtu.be/17CcrnoUF_w

Мой позывной в DCS: _SkyRider_

Мой канал YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGdfzT7-xbgvmPwmUcCNArQ?view_as=subscriber

My callsign on DCS is: _SkyRider_

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGdfzT7-xbgvmPwmUcCNArQ?view_as=subscriber