Infantry Unit - Animated Pilot Mod

SUNTSAG

No you haven't done anything wrong....I was experimenting with CA compatibility LOL either that or he is drunk as a skunk :megalol::music_whistling:

is it possible to place this unit/pilot on a carrier deck and then use CA to walk on the deck ?

asking that, because in VR this will be something amazing as it will allow you to walk on the deck and simply observe what happens (in VR), and by default, that option is completely missing in DCS! the only way to do that is somehow using F2 camera view (of an aircraft that is already on the deck) and then pan around in a very cumbersome and lame way

Edited by Teschmacher

My custom made aircraft skins and other content for DCS World!

WIN 10  / 64Gb RAM DDR4 @ 4000mhz / i9-10900KF @ 5.3ghz / NVIDIA GeForce 3090 RTX / SSD Samsung EVO 970 / VIRPIL / MFG Crosswind / Pimax 5k+ 

Hi All,

I have been working on trying to make this mod CA compatible. I have partially succeeded, in as far as you can be the pilot but without animations when you occupy the pilot. All other animations remain in place, when NOT in the CA seat as it were.

I have also added the ability to select the pilots face in the mission editor:

attachment.php?attachmentid=209832&stc=1&d=1557168806

It means after a fashion you can make your way to your aircraft but with animation limitations ie none.

Screen_190506_195220.thumb.jpg.e6f85795dfee2b25453fb3c6546340ff.jpg

Callsign: NAKED

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Now CA compatible to a degree. You can take control of your pilot now but limited because no animations take place during CA useage. You can still use the pilot and give it waypoints as per the original mod and the animations will still be seen.

Refer to first post for a download update. Cheers

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Sunstag

Do you have a fix for elevation as you've done for NatoGf because if I put this mod in "Techs", all my missions I've done since months, including other characters, I can see them floating in the air ? ( static men from the VPC airfield equipment mod).

It was the same before with your "NatoGF" mod but after applying the fix you made for elevation, all became quite normal. So I wish the same fix for this excellent mod !

Thanks to you !

Edited by jef32

CPU: I7-6700K 4Ghz, GC: nVidia GeForce Titan X Gigabytes, 32 Go DDR4, Motherboard: Gigabytes Z170X-Gaming 3. OS: W10-Family, 3 HD Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB + 1 Samsung SSD EVO 500 Gb. Oculus Rift CV1

Hi Suntsag , Is walking at normal pace not possible ? I seem to remember that it isnt but since your more of an expert in this field than I am maybe you can enlighten me.

Cheers

Jafa

[sIGPIC]picture.php?albumid=1526&pictureid=9861[/sIGPIC]

Hi Suntsag , Is walking at normal pace not possible ? I seem to remember that it isnt but since your more of an expert in this field than I am maybe you can enlighten me.

Cheers

Jafa

Hi Jafa,

Set your troops initial speed to either 1 or 2 kts as well as any subsequent waypoints and they should enter walking pace.

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sunstag:

Without your mod put in "Techs":

e2AriE8.jpg

With your just mod put in "techs". I've changed nothing in the mission:

osW5iis.jpg

CPU: I7-6700K 4Ghz, GC: nVidia GeForce Titan X Gigabytes, 32 Go DDR4, Motherboard: Gigabytes Z170X-Gaming 3. OS: W10-Family, 3 HD Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB + 1 Samsung SSD EVO 500 Gb. Oculus Rift CV1

Sunstag

This forced me to change and re-edit ALL my missions but I've found a solution:

I'd noticed that the VPC-NATO men were the only affected by this issue, and not the VP-MEN, I've modified the VPC NATO MAN.lua from the "VPC Airfiedl equipement" mode and transformed all "VPC NATO Men" as "Structures" as "VP_MEN" were already set and that works fine.

The only issue I have is that I used some VPC_NATO_MEN as vehicles with some advanced tasks ( set frequency and transmitt a message) and a bug of the ME is doing that I can't delete them even if I delete their advanced tasks before. It doesn't matter, they're on the ground now.

Thanks !

Edited by jef32

• 3 weeks later...

can you make a RAMBO III heli pilot?

you know red head band, no shirt, muscles

a voiceover would be a plus

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Crosshair VIII hero wifi, 3800x w/ Enermax 360 AIO cooler (push-pull), 32gigs DDR4 Ripjaws 3600, Win 10 home on a Plextor PCI-E x4 3gb/s HD, EVGA 2070 Super FTW3 ultra+, Soundblaster Z

Rift S, M$FFB2, CH Pro throttle, Saitek pedals

BS2, A10C, P51D, SPITFIRE, FC3, Uh-1H, F86, Mi-8MTV2, SA342, MIG21-bis, AV8BNA, F14, F16, FA-18C, SUPERCARRIER

• 8 months later...

Hi BlackLibrary,

Thanks for the heads up...I was aware of the impact of the latest update but until things settle down on the stability front with DCS updates, I won't be revisiting the ability to place units on the deck of ships.

I think perhaps this will have something to do with the upcoming DECK CREW options. With that in mind, I may not be able to get this to work again for ships. I am not a Naval Aviation fan myself, so I wont be purchasing that particular DLC as things currently stand. Sorry.

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 months later...

Hi All,

Following release of the Super Carrier I have updated this Mod.

Originally you could place the units on specific ships but that historic method no longer works, so I have deactivated the option. It means that this update will fix some elements floating weirdly on the screen.

Please refer to the first and original post for the new download link. Cheers.

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Roger .. thanks for keeping this Mod updated :thumbup:

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 1 year later...

Hi,

Great idea to board the plane, how to properly install to version 2.7, thank you very much. Pet

Edit:
I put the Pilot Ground folder in the mods directory of saved games.
But after inserting the unit into the mission, I do not have the opportunity to control the pilot.

Edited by petsild

🖥️MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4, Kingston 3600 MHz 64 Gb, i5 12600K, Gigabyte RTX 4090, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus,🕹️VKB NXT Premium.

• 7 months later...

@SUNTSAG

I realize I am very late to the party here.  Just picked up the Huey last weekend and want to make a SAR mission with a real pilot awaiting pickup.  My search resulted in this thread.  I had high hopes of using your mod as I can't really find any Pilot statics out there.

Anyway, the link on the first page is dead.  Is this mod still available?

If not, does anyone know of a decent pilot static that I can insert into a mission on the ground?  It doesn't have to be animated.  I can't believe I can't locate anything that represents a downed pilot for SAR missions.  I must be missing something.  Any guidance is appreciated.

Thanks!

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

44 minutes ago, Mistermann said:

does anyone know of a decent pilot static that I can insert into a mission on the ground?  It doesn't have to be animated.  I can't believe I can't locate anything that represents a downed pilot for SAR missions.

The Military Aircraft Mod includes a Usaf Pilot … dont remember if it is animated or not:

• Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Thanks @Rudel_chw - I have that mod, but not activated.  Didn't think about a pilot static being included there.  I'll have to make that work.  OR just use an infantry unit and imagine the pilot has assumed a "grunt mode" (SERE).  Which, they actually would.  Maybe that's my best route.

Thanks!

Edited by Mistermann

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod