VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

+++ Release 2.5.13 +++

Plugin 2.5.13 with AIRIO 2.5.5 is out!

New features added e.g. forcing speech language across all modules, blocking of on-screen text for max. immersion and TALD support for AIRIO.

Existing users update automatically.

Enjoy! :pilotfly:

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

Plugin 2.5.13 with AIRIO 2.5.5 is out!

New features added e.g. forcing speech language across all modules, blocking of on-screen text for max. immersion and TALD support for AIRIO.

Existing users update automatically.

Enjoy! :pilotfly:

Thanks @Hollywood_315. The text message suppression works great and I can now run Bankler's Case I landing training mission with VAICOM loaded.

For anyone else wanting to make use of this, just leave the 'Hide On-Screen Text' option unchecked.

Quick question:

My stick has one button left (free) that I want to preserve for comms (in general).

Using button 3 alone would trigger TX1, fine, it works.

Using button 3 together with RSHIFT should trigger TX2.

Using button 3 together with RCTRL should trigger TX5.

Viacom is not the problem, it is more a question related to Voice attack, which lists the

"When I say:"

"When I press keys:"

"When I press button:"

"When I press mouse:"

as logical OR, not AND conditions.

HELP! PLEASE! :helpsmilie:

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

ANy reason that I keep getting AIRIO commands not available on random occassions?

A little more detail might be useful, to allow peeps to have a better shot at helping.

In the meantime however, i take it that you are flying the F14 and that the log is saying that the commands are being recognised?

Stupid questions here guys...

So how is everyone setup with SRS, VA, Vaicom, AIRIO and the profiles from Dailey?

I understand how they all work together, but how are you hotas buttons setup?

I have a 4 way hat that is set to UP/TX1, DN/TX2/ FWD/Comm Menu 1, AFT/Comm menu 2.

I have the VA hotkey set to Throttle/Joystick1/Button15. Pinky button on the TMWH left side front of the throttle. This is set to the Toggle listening Start/Stop option.

I have the setups in place, everything is playing nicely together, but I am so confused on the actual button setups for everything. Can someone help to break it down or give examples of how you have your's set up?

TM Warthog

SRS

VoiceAttack

Vaicom

Chatter

AiRIO

Profiles

Thanks in advance for any assistance anyone can help with.

Happy Hunting!

Intel i7 9700k, 64GB DDR4 (Corsair), Gigabyte Z390 Master, RTX 2080 Ti AMP 11gb, 500GB Sabrent Rocket (System), 1TB XPG Gammix S11 Pro M.2 (DCS), Windows 11 64-bit Pro, Samsung 49" 4K CRG9 Monitor (5120x1440), Samsung Odyssey Plus, TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas, Various streamdecks, button boxes, Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals, Corsair K95 Platinum, Iron Claw mouse.

DCS OB, F-14B Tomcat, F-18C Hornet, F-16C Viper, A-10C Warthog, F-5 Tiger II, AV-8B Harrier, P-51D Mustang, FC3, Super Carrier

Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas, (3) Cougar MFD's, Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals, (2) Stream Decks, (1) Stream Deck XL, (1) Stream Deck Mini, Misc Button Boxes

I think I have worked out the problem. Viacom does not recognise the Aircraft when I respawn in MP, there is No aircraft displayed in the config panel. I have tried the registry fix, custom DCS path all to no avail. How the hell do you fix this without have to restart DCS each time?

Use with Multiplayer is checked as well

maybe try the old faithful approach of deleting the export.lua file, from the users/<yourname>/Saved Games/<DCS root>/Scripts folder, and restarting DCS and VoiceAttack.

I know this means you are going to have to do a restart, but that should do it, at least until the next DCS update.

Tried all that with no joy. Its so intermittant. If it didnt disable the jester rose it would be ok. As it is its a joke and a complete waste of money. So frustrating.

It even says Easy comms: On. I never ever play with easy comms on.

Edited by BIGNEWY
1.1 profanity

Half the issue its is not consistant. It will work on my first spawn, but then sometimes not on subsequent spawns. Just tested on 4 different servers, bith PVE and PVP. Aircraft is never detected. I have tried the Registry fix, Reinstalling, Changing LUA stuff. No joy

Edited by Swordfish

Is it normal for information messages on the upper right side of the screen to be pushed down to the bottom right while voice attack is active? If not, how is this prevented? I have tried to disable the comms menu in the config with no luck. Having messages overlay on the top right of my cockpit instruments is a no go. I need them consistently in the upper right where they belong.

Any help?

@Hollywood Thanks for the update and fix. Soooooo much better not having 25% of the cockpit covered/obscured. Good update.

STGChamby.

@Dehuman Cool, thanks for updating.

@DERacing Perhaps have a look at this thread here to get started: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=226019&highlight=vaicom+srs+teamspeak

@Swordfish Not reported by other users, appears specific to your setup. Problem likely originates outside the plugin.

Changing LUA stuff will be counterproductive: run a DCS repair. For testing disable all mods and 3rd party apps.

I'll need logfiles and info on firewall/router/antivirus settings etc. to make further assessments, PM inbound.

@STGChamby Cheers mate :thumbup:

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

Thanks @Greyman, good to hear it works for you.

@Viper You may want to consider using SNGL for PTT mode, this will allow you to use just one button.

Grtz

Thanks bud, but this doesn't solve the problem behind.

In the F-14 I am using both radios very often, so speaking to both radios at the same time doesn't not make sense, e.g. when having two airbases selected.

Second question:

Do I have any chance to re-arrange the UHF ARC-159 as TX1 and VHF-/UHF ARC-182 as TX2, or are they hard coded in the DLL?

Thanks and kind regards,

TOViper

edit: I managed to switch them by using the SRS button. Does this change something important, even if I am not using SRS (at the moment)?

Edited by TOViper

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

@Viper Well it's a bit of an advanced case but there are certainly ways to make it work.

First of all let your joystick software send an emulated keyboard key instead of a DX button so that modifiers like shift, alt etc can be used to bind the button to different TX nodes in VA. For swapping radios you can use SRS mode in this case but more generally use the plugins exposed variables. On TX1 make a condition block in the VA press/release commands that tests for fhe F14. If true invoke plugin call ptt.tx2.press / release, else normal ie invoke ptt.tx1. press / release. Do the same for TX2 and you will have swapped the TX mapping.

EDIT as a sidenote speaking to both radios at the same time doesn't not make sense, e.g. when having two airbases selected you may want to test with this using SNGL mode, as addressing the airfield name in your calls should automatically use the correct corresponding radio. So I expect this actually wouldn't be an issue.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

...you may want to test with this using SNGL mode, as addressing the airfield name in your calls should automatically use the correct corresponding radio. So I expect this actually wouldn't be an issue.

Damn, I knew that your software is sophisticated, but I am suprised again every single day I'm using it :thumbup:

I am currently using the SRS switch, to simply change them. It seems there is no disadvantage in doing so.

And btw: this is very easy to establish, just a mouse click away :)

Thanks for you answer!

Edited by TOViper

my computer: