DCS World Patch Notes Discussion Thread

BIGNEWY

On the other hand, if SC wouldn't make it today, I'm sure they would have had mentioned it already somewhere.

Or...

ED is hiding behind the couch, pretending not to be at home :P

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

SC is in there. :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Is the 2.5.6.49314 already available ?

I can't update it.

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

we'll have to see, often many things are missing in the patch notes and for example the sa-page performancebug is in the patchnotes and there is something about msaa masking for vr which has probably also to do with performance.

Louis|Dancer, foundation member of the digital Swiss Air Force, a group of enthusiasts trying to imitate everything that has to do with Swiss military aviation on dcs. If you want to join us, contact us via instagram.

our youtube chanel:dSAF

our instagram:dSAF

my rusty pc: msi gtx1080ti / ryzen 5 2600x / ga-ab350 gaming motherboard / 16gb ram / rift cv1 / warthog

It didn't at first they updated the change log.

Maybe they still weren't sure at that point ;)

Glad it's finally here.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

I'm waiting on Glowing Amraam's release video. I hope he makes one.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

It is often 1 - 2 hours (or more) between the publishing of the changelog and the download going live. They have to get the release version onto the download servers and then watch meltdown as everyone tries to download in the first 2.5 nano-seconds....

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

F-18C Hornet change log

Are these documented somewhere?

Added GRAY option

Added ALG option (Automatic Gain and Level control option)

What are these? Is GRAY an acronym?

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

search?q=10+seconds+meme&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwi33-mT2sLpAhUKmeAKHTQWDGUQ_AUoAXoECAkQAw&biw=1280&bih=614#imgrc=mbBoIzvyhXNOEM
It is often 1 - 2 hours (or more) between the publishing of the changelog and the download going live. They have to get the release version onto the download servers and then watch meltdown as everyone tries to download in the first 2.5 nano-seconds....

Jeez... I wish I had access to all the architecture documents, user stories, backlogs, sprint planning meetings, and daily stand-ups that some of the people in this thread seem to have access to and was able to tell ED they are doing everything wrong also!

LOL!

Are these documented somewhere?

Added GRAY option

Added ALG option (Automatic Gain and Level control option)

What are these? Is GRAY an acronym?

If GRAY is the same as in other jets, it just displays a scale of lighter to darker grays (they'd be greens in the L/R DDIs), so the pilot can verify that all of them are visible and distinguishable, for gain and level control purposes. Similar to the gamma setting screen in a lot of games, when you launch it for the first time.

ALG just means that the TPOD itself will adjust the gain and level for optimal picture clarity in FLIR, depending on the heat source variation visible (ie if you view a fire, it should reduce the gain to prevent blooming, if you view something cold it should increase gain). It's similar to how a modern digital or phone camera adjust things on the fly when you point it towards a bright scene and then towards a dark one. Kind of a simplified explanation, but that's the idea.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

It didn't at first they updated the change log.

They probably just forgot, that they've included the SC in todays update :D

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg