Training Missions updates and downloads

baltic_dragon

BD, we've still got the INS alignment issue in the cold start mission that was mentioned a good few posts ago.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Hey guys, for those using stable version I have added link to full set of training missions in the first post - all 20 are ready for download.

Hi Dragon,

looks like Training files accessible alright, but unzipped, so for download you need to wait until the single files zip themselves up into one single downloadable 780 MB zip file. Just to save zipping time for all those trying to download, could you maybe store them already zipped up please?

However the link to the docu pdf files seems to be wrong, you have "hhttps" at the beginning, instead of "https". If one reckognizes and corrects it manually in one's browser, it's all OK. Could you maybe correct it please tough to save the hassle for everyone?

Thanks for both, hope it is not just me with these issues, sorry if so...

Kudos for them to you anyway in a first place !

Edited by Razor18

Hello @baltic_dragon

I never knew there were also Kneeboard PDF's as well until recently. But today I tried to download them from the link in your first post and the link doesn't seem to work (or it's not recognized as a legitimate address) ?

Are they already visible in the Kneeboard files if we have updated DCS ? eg: Do they come with the DCS Update along with the Mission Files ?

SnowTiger:joystick:

Are they already visible in the Kneeboard files if we have updated DCS ? eg: Do they come with the DCS Update along with the Mission Files ?

Yes, mission specific kneeboard pages are include within each mission .miz file and can be viewed when flying the mission.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Yes, mission specific kneeboard pages are include within each mission .miz file and can be viewed when flying the mission.

Excellent thank you.

The fact is I have flown a couple of the training missions and had difficulty getting some of the things to work as described in the tutorials, however I had no idea there were kneeboard files to refer to during the tutorials.

Thanks again for the reply.

Hi BD, great missions by the way. One item I found was mission 19? Night operations. It seems to me the cloud cover is too low to perform the requested actions. The flight instructor requests a 10,000MSL altitude and for the waypoints 3 and 4 all you can see is hazy cloud cover through both the NVG's and the FLIR. I wasn't able to spot the Harrier at WYPT 4 to formation fly with as I believe he must be flying in the cloud cover as well. Maybe something to look into? Or I may be doing something wrong as well..

BD, how far would you like us to go in terms of comments on the missions? I would say that most I have tried all have some (minor) issues. Do you think you will update them if we spend time making comments?

For example, in the Cold and Dark mission, I have found:

• Nothing about boost pumps to NORM in check list (C/L).

• Nothing about BIT test in C/L between 6 and 7.

• Fuel quantity error in C/L. Right should be 2400.

• ‘DMT on’ missing in C/L.

• Misspelling - RFC should be EFC in C/L.

• FLAPS go to 25 in STOL, not 15 as suggested by instructor.

• Need a ‘press spacebar’ prompt between inputting the co-ords for INS alignment and the input of MVAR. Goes too quickly for a novice to proceed, and if not done correctly, then the lesson just doesn't progress – and it’s a long way back to the beginning!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

• 2 weeks later...

First, and primarily, I just want to say thanks for all the hard work on these training missions. They are absolutely fantastic, and every module should have them. You have set the bar, sir.

As a side note, I was doing the CASE I training today and the TACAN seemed to be incorrect. The TACAN was not directing me to the ship. It was near the ship, but several miles off. Also, is T/OS not working correctly? Thanks!

3700x, MSI 3080 Ventus 3x OC, 32 GB 3200mhz RAM, Rift S or Track IR, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Logitech Rudder Pedals

I have had issues in the Maverick/Sidearm Tutorial during which I rarely if ever see the "InRange" indication on the HUD.

I am often well within 3 miles without any indication of InRange and even after diving towards the target, I don't get an indication. Yet I know that I'm well within range and end up firing my Maverick anyway which does hit its target providing I haven't already overflown the target.

Is it just me or are others having the same issue with the InRange indicator not being seen on the HUD ?

A couple of small things:

STORES MANAGEMENT

- it breaks down when trying to select Q in Mk82 as FUZ is on the ODU selection, and clicking on the marked box makes things go wrong.

GUNS and ROCKETS

- you say LAU-61 is displayed as S19, but it is actually 61S.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes!

Agreed, BD has done a fantastic job on them. However, it's a pity that so many features are still not implemeted or not working in the Harrier.

• 2 months later...

Loving the training missions so far. Full of detail and make learning the module a lot of fun. I'll do some of them over and over just to get everything right. Had bought the harrier a while ago but had not touched it until now. Glad I waited and now we have these trainings.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

• 1 year later...

I just downloaded and overwrote the openbeta 2.7 files with these training mission files before I realized they were 3 years old.  Are they the same or should I look to be replacing them with newer files - if so, where do I get them?

13 minutes ago, stoop said:

I just downloaded and overwrote the openbeta 2.7 files with these training mission files before I realized they were 3 years old.  Are they the same or should I look to be replacing them with newer files - if so, where do I get them?

just delete them again and run a repair on the files.

there has been a few updates on the missions during the last 6 months at least and you really dont want the old ones.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've been trying the training and some of it appears to be out of date. Menu items on the displays don't match and following instructions doesn't give the results stated, I understand there may have been some critical changes to the UI since these were made. The training missions themselves appear to be fantastic, some of the best in the game, but in some ways are currently worse than useless in places as the quality makes one assume the problem is on this side of the monitor. I'm still not 100% sure it's not me and I'm just having a series of senior moments, but I don't think so. I've managed to work my way through lots of other modules but the changes here appear to be a bit more crucial to procedures I want to learn. Particularly the TPOD, use of the SSS and TDC. 

I've basically hit a dead end, so I'll try to read the manual (first time) and Chuck's Guide (again). The first run through always leaves holes in my understanding but I normally hope to just power past these holes by doing. It hasn't worked with the Harrier, I suspect because the changes have made the videos and articles I watch and read out of date as well. This isn't just to moan, I'm saying all this in case anyone else hits these problems. Hopefully we'll get some updated content in the not too distant future.

• Like 3

• 9 months later...

I think the included training missions still are out of sync with the current state of the module. Sad as they were clearly one of the best training missions when they worked.
Would be great to have them made current as they are valuable kearning tool esp. if you are using VR where swapping between e.g. YouTube and DCS is a bit more hassel.

HW: Intel i5 13600K, 64Gb DDR5, RTX 4090, Winwing Orion 2 HOTAS, TM TPR rudderpedals, Pico 4 VR+VirtualDesktop (VDXR), Win11
DCS: F-5, F-86, F-16, F-15E, FA-18, F-14, Harrier, Viggen, M-2000C, A-10C, AH-64, UH-1, Mi-8, Mi-24, Gazelle, Ka-50, Mig-21, P-47, P-51, Spitfire, Mosquito, Bf-109, Fw-190A, Fw-190D, Yak-52, C101, all maps & tech, SuperCarrier

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Gideon312 said:

Checking in now and then, if there are any updates.

I see a lot of people saying "the mission didnt seem to work for me", but no one gives enough information to reproduce the issue, why are you not more proactive and run the missions taking good notes of any specific problem you encounter instead of leaving the aircraft aside? I’m not currently flying the Harrier or I would do it myself.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB