M-2000C English Cockpit Mod

gospadin

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tried to Uninstall and ran a repair but it still does it..

Air brake lights change from 'AIR BK' to A F and warning indicator lights which are a little hard to see but the PITOT / ANEMO is a good example.

https://ibb.co/cpVyj5

https://ibb.co/nrancQ

https://ibb.co/kgx0xQ

https://ibb.co/mOo7cQ

Edited by Dr Zaius

System Specs: Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6GHz @ 4.8GHz, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master, 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR4-3600 RAM, GeForce GTX 4090, Crucial SSD (750 GB), TrackIR 5, TMWH, TM T-Flight Rudder Pedals, Samsung 49” Odyssey G9

Above and beyond Gos, many thanks for a great mod and the support that comes with!

System Specs: Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6GHz @ 4.8GHz, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master, 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR4-3600 RAM, GeForce GTX 4090, Crucial SSD (750 GB), TrackIR 5, TMWH, TM T-Flight Rudder Pedals, Samsung 49” Odyssey G9

livery =

{

{"Mirror", 0 ,"mirrors",true}; --mirrors texture replacement with runtime rendered one

{"LIGHT", 0, "m2kc_l2", false};

{"Material #186", 0, "m2kc_4c", false};

{"Material #188", 0, "m2kc_6c", false};

{"Material #188", 11, "m2kc_6c_sp", false};

{"Material #2003", 0, "m2kc_12c", false};

{"Material #2022", 0, "m2kc_3c", false};

{"Material #2049", 0, "m2kc_10c", false};

{"Material #2050", 0, "m2kc_11c", false};

{"Material #2051", 0, "m2kc_9c", false};

{"Material #2052", 0, "m2kc_8c", false};

{"Material #2053", 0, "m2kc_10c", false};

{"Material #2056", 0, "m2kc_8c", false};

{"Material #2057", 0, "m2kc_9c", false};

{"Material #2061", 0, "m2kc_8c", false};

{"Material #2063", 0, "m2kc_10c", false};

{"Material #2065", 0, "m2kc_9c", false};

{"Material #2067", 0, "m2kc_10c", false};

{"canopyglass", 0, "m2kc_3c", false};

}

Where can I find the Material # for other textures? I'm trying to reskin the first-person cockpit pilot ( & kneeboard ) to match the M2K livery I made.

Also do you know if it's possible to alter the RGB values of the instrument panel lighting somewhere? It would be nice to get the brightness of the IP lighting without the bleeding of the saturated red in VR.

Great job on this, btw, looks & feels great. The research shows through.

Edited by nosebruise

Many thanks for this GOS! :thumbup:

How can it be installed to be friendly to IC, or without JSGME?

As of now many cockpits/skins are able to be installed into a Liveries folder specially made in "Saved Games",

and thus can be selected in game in the "Special" tab, drop down menu, and also avoid breaking after updates....

I've tried to move it there my self but it failed to work. I guess some work is needed with path directions...

I have the A10C and F15C cockpits moved there, instead of using JSGME replacing main game files.

I hope it can be done for this cockpit as well,

or I can be directed to some instructions and do it myself....

Thanks!

Callsign   SETUP

I'll look into this, it used to pass IC as-is with JSGME.
Sorry for not clarifying better...

I didn't mean it does not pass IC now, but the other, newer method, ensures it wont interfere with the original files, and does not need JSGME.

all the files are stored neatly in the saved games, and cockpits are easily selectable from inside DCS... just a new better standard IMHO.... :)

Callsign   SETUP

Sorry for not clarifying better...

I didn't mean it does not pass IC now, but the other, newer method, ensures it wont interfere with the original files, and does not need JSGME.

all the files are stored neatly in the saved games, and cockpits are easily selectable from inside DCS... just a new better standard IMHO.... :)

The problem with the Mirage originally is that it didn't have a scan function to look for other liveries. My mod added the scan functions, as well as adding the new textures in a livery directory.

My cockpit is selectable from dropdowns, just like you're suggesting.

It didn't affect any original files except for the menu page in the advanced settings and entry.lua, which were both required.

I'll check to see if that has changed... if they have their own scanner now, then I can remove the one that my mod includes.

Version 0.93 posted, main download link in the first post has been updated.

Fixes all the lamps which were broken due to the change in material names. Fixing that also added a new alpha layer for the countermeasure panel so you should be able to see it at night now.

--gos

PS: I tried to get the cockpit working in the Saved Games folder, but was unable to do so. Doesn't seem like RAZBAM has added the proper lua code yet. On the bright side, my modification still passes the integrity check, so there should be no issues using it on IC-enabled servers.

• Like 2

Version 0.93 posted, main download link in the first post has been updated.

Fixes all the lamps which were broken due to the change in material names. Fixing that also added a new alpha layer for the countermeasure panel so you should be able to see it at night now.

--gos

PS: I tried to get the cockpit working in the Saved Games folder, but was unable to do so. Doesn't seem like RAZBAM has added the proper lua code yet. On the bright side, my modification still passes the integrity check, so there should be no issues using it on IC-enabled servers.

Thank you!!

Callsign   SETUP

• 3 months later...

as requested images of normal cockpit and English cockpit in 2.2 alpha, the problem is excessive reflections so much so you can not see out of the hud in flight.

normal razbam french cockpit....

normal cockpit.jpg

english cockpit.....

english cockpit.jpg

looking right rear.....

english cockpit right rear.jpg

looking up before closing cockpit

english cockpit looking up.jpg

Cheers

Danielle

The reflections I see are much less pronounced. I would suggest that you uninstall, run a repair, and reinstall.

My settings are:

Textures: High

Terrain Textures: High

Visib Range: High

Shadows: Flat Only

MSAA: Off

Depth of Field: Off

Lens Effects: None

HDR: Off

Deferred Shading: On

Ansiotropic Filtering: 8x

Cockpit Global Illumination: On

Gamma: 1.8

Screenshots which tried to replicate your results:

bRD1CGK.jpg

wcm5kQZ.png

5WTGLhp.png

Hi,

Thanks for your post, I was running v0.91 as soon as I put on v0.93 it all worked wonderfully, your little English cockpit mod looks like its here to stay, I'm very surprised that Razbam have not incorporated it yet into the M-2000C.

Thanks again for the help and a great mod

Danielle

• 1 month later...

is this mod working in 2.5?

Thanks in advance

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

HA!!! Never saw the version # tag there before.

And yes, it works quite well in 2.5 :)

Thanks. I tried to keep it subtle, but something I could use to confirm it was installed properly.

Glad you like it. :pilotfly:

--gos

HA!!! Never saw the version # tag there before.

And yes, it works quite well in 2.5 :)

Thanks...I wanted to be sure :)

Inviato dal mio ONEPLUS A5010 utilizzando Tapatalk

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Thanks...I wanted to be sure :)

Inviato dal mio ONEPLUS A5010 utilizzando Tapatalk

What I did notice the other day was after the latest hotfix download this M2000 English Cockpit mod stopped working and I had to delete it, re-download and reinstall to get it back again.

Not sure if this was the case for anyone else using this ?

Intel® i9 9900K Coffee Lake OC 5.1GHz, ASUS ROG Maximum Formula LGA1151 MB, Windows 10® 64bit Pro, 64GB 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, EVGA Black Edition 2080Ti OC GPU, 2 x Samsung Evo 970 NVMe 1TB Drives, 1 x Samsung Evo 860 2TB SSD, 1 x Seagate 2TB HDD, 1 x Acer™ Predator 35" 4K Wide Flat Monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind pedals, Oculus Rift S

What I did notice the other day was after the latest hotfix download this M2000 English Cockpit mod stopped working and I had to delete it, re-download and reinstall to get it back again.

Not sure if this was the case for anyone else using this ?

My mod has to modify one of the lua files that ships with the M-2000C, so any update to the game will likely replace the file forcing a re-install.

Thus, the behavior you saw is expected.

My recommendation is to uninstall all mods before every update, then re-install after the update is complete.

--gos