Universal Radio Panel

McG

Spent a few hours drawing up an idea I had for a universal radio panel in Sketchup Free today.

The idea would be to have one unit that combines the VHF 1, VHF 2, UHF, Tacan and ILS radios.

There is a selector dial for preset channel, a dual concentric rotary for selecting the frequencies, buttons to select the individual radios and a load button. There are also the mode/selector dials for VHF, UHF and Tacan radios.

I still need to add a squelch tone and ILS on/off switch.

The current dimensions are 145mm x 123.5mm, however it might be a touch small for the mode / selector dial spacing.

The radio button when pressed would make a particular radio active, and the rotaries would then change the frequency / modes of that radio.

Disclaimer - I have no idea if this could actually work, just thought I would show my idea.

629945380_UniversalRadioPanel.thumb.JPG.b1dc017efc703bcea598ec23c6b52fd3.JPG

It´s actually a good idea, in my humble opinion. I don´t see why it should not work. I can imagine that if you set your radio selectors as modifiers in DCS, then the same rotary can move different radios. The only thing that I see is that in some radios you need six rotaries.

Hi,

i have already implemented something like this in my ExportScript (Doku).

All you need is an Arcaze USB I/O card + extension and the control software (DAC).

CU Micha

Simpit Software by SDA "SIMPIT DEVELOPER ASSOCIATION"

• DCS ExportScript
  • D.A.C. DCS to Arcaze Communicator
  • Ikarus a new Virtual Cockpit Software

Deutscher Forums Thread

English Forums Thread

Hard/Software: AMD Ryzen 7 1800X, 32 GiB RAM, extra SSD for Windows 10 and DCS World, AMD Vega Frontier Edition with 16 GiB VRAM