Introducing the VPC MongoosT-50

Cyph3r

Hi. We're currently looking into buying VPC gear and have some questions. All of us will continue to use the TM Warthog grip for now. The plan is to get vpc mounts, vpc extensions and vpc base.

1. Comfort. Can the Warthog grip be rotated at an angle when combined with the VPC base?

Yes.

2. Balance. Is the WT grip too "heavy", or does it feel balanced and center fine with VPC extensions and base?

I have not used my Warthog grip with it, really like the Virpil grip with the brake lever axis. Someone else I am sure will chime in that has used it.

I can tell you, I have used this thing very heavily since I got it in like Sept. Usually on a daily basis. It is a rock solid setup and I would highly recommend it. Customer support has been excellent as well.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you know if the WT grip can be mounted at an angle if you don't use the WT grip with the vpc base? It is well known that the T-50 grip rotates. I get that. But the WT grip is different if you compare the bottom part of it with T-50 grip.

The bottom connector on the virpil base isnt fixed like the connector on the warthog base. So yeah you can fasten the warthog stick angled to the left like you would if you use it as a center stick.

Also by using a extension this would obviously be the case since the wire that goes through the extension can be rotated as well.

I solely bought the virpil base to replace my warthog base because of sticktion. I also use a aluminium extension of 12 cm's made by the creator of the MFG Crosswind pedals.

so the heavy warthog stick with an extension sits fine on the virpil base. I believe I have the medium springs and soft center cams installed and since I fly alot of helo I have loosenend the springs so much that it just about sits in the middle but its very light to handle.

With these loosened settings the stick dips every so slightly to the front and left. not noticeble by eye but you can see that its not centered in dxview. but its like a millimeter or so.

So I recalibrated the stick so its centered with the virpil software and it flies like a breeze.

When you fly fixed wing I imagine you want a bit more centering strength so you would have no issues at all.

edit: on another note I had written an incredible story on how glad I was with virpil customer support but when I tried posting it I apparently wasnt logged in and I lost the post entirely.

In a nutshell I messed up my base kinda as well like dburne did just not as completely :p

I had some issues with faulty cams and some rattling. i guess it was a monday morning model. Last year Virpil offered me a replacement but on my end I had to wait a few months before I was able to.

This year I took them up on their offer and they very kindly sent me a replacement base when they received the faulty unit. I must say that it didnt cost me a dime since they just opened a warehouse in Lithuania making them Europe based and sent a courier to pick up the package.

All the kinks had been ironed out with the revised model. I havent even opend up the base yet since out of the box It worked precisely as I wanted!

Very very happy with my unit right now and I have alot of faith that this company will set a mighty footprint in the high end simulation peripherals! their aftersales support is simply outstanding and their products no less now they have upped their quality control. They are getting alot of rep for that at the moment and thats a very good thing. Thanks Cyph3r! Virpil is glad to have you I'm sure!

Edited by kingpinda

How do you know if the WT grip can be mounted at an angle if you don't use the WT grip with the vpc base? It is well known that the T-50 grip rotates. I get that. But the WT grip is different if you compare the bottom part of it with T-50 grip.

The difference is it is not being plugged directly into a Warthog base connector which is fixed, it is being plugged into an extension cable that is running through the stick extension. Your post mentioned using the extensions.

Same way a Warthog grip using an extension even on a Warthog base can be twisted at an angle.

Loosen the collar, twist to where you want, tighten the collar.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

As posted by others, it's a function of the base, though if you really need proof, I have my Warthog grip handy and can take a shot of the grip with the T-50 base :thumbup:

Z...

Here are the changes on the MT-50CM Grip:

• Russian Button Labels
  • Remodeled Brake Lever
  • Remodeled Flip Trigger
  • Remodeled Buttons
  • Black Hats, Main Trigger and Wrist Rest

Cyph3r,

Can you elaborate a little on the three changes in bold?

I am just curious what difference there would be between that and my standard grip.

Thanks,

Don B

Remodeled Brake Lever

Remodeled Flip Trigger

Remodeled Buttons

See the changes, probable for reflect a more recently prototype of T50/Su-55 grip (the final shape of this grip RL seems not defined).

T50_CMx_Vanilla.jpg

PAK 50 - T50 CM - T50 "vanilla"

BTW - The knurled in the HAT bellow trim(POV) HAT is for "gameplay" convenience (4 way HAT), since in original T50 this is a two position button - like the 'pinky' button in VPC T50, not exist in original.

Edited by Sokol1_br

See the changes, probable for reflect a more recently prototype of T50/Su-55 grip (the final shape of this grip RL seems not defined).PAK 50 - T50 CM - T50 "vanilla"

BTW - The knurled in the HAT bellow trim(POV) hat is for "gameplay" convenience (4 way HAT), since in original T50 this is a two position button - like the 'pinky' button in VPC T50, not exist in original.

Thanks for the info!

Don B

Designed initially with atmospheric flight sims in mind, the VPC MongoosT-50 cams exhibited an increasing non-linear tension towards the outer edges of the sticks deflection. This behaviour allows for greater control of of the aircraft as you can feel when you are coming up to 100% deflection easily, granting the pilot the ability to fly right on the limits based on muscle memory alone.

The VPC MongoosT-50 Flightstick has also become popular with many space-sim pilots as well - pilots that prefer different control nuances for absolute accuracy. As standard atmospheric flight physics do not apply in space, we've been requested to create a new set of cams to account for this.

VPC are very pleased to announce, that in our continued efforts to supply the community with what they really want, we have successfully designed a new set of CosmoSim cams for the VPC MongoosT-50 Flightstick!

MT-50-Cams-1.png

These results were created with the VPC MongoosT-50 Flightstick, 125mm (50mm + 75mm) extensions with the medium springs, and pre-tensioners loaded 1/2 of max. Different extensions and springs will change the total force required of each cam, but the response curves should remain relatively consistent.

Our new CosmoSim cams exhibit less of a center detent than both the 1-Dot (40% less) and 2-Dot (25% less) cams and the force required at the outer edges of deflection is also significantly less than both the 2-Dot (40% less) and 3-Dot (55% less) cams.

The force required at max deflection is slightly increased over the 1-Dot cams (12.5% higher) to aid in the overall centering and performance of the cam due to the lack of a center detent.

These cams will be available for purchase from our http://www.virpil.by webstore!

Edited by Cyph3r

► Website: www.virpil.com // ► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VirPilControls // ► Twitter: https://twitter.com/VirPilControls

For support please email support@virpil.com to open a ticket!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Are you going to have a VPC section on this subforum too? Like VKB.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Just ordered one T-50 at morning :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:thumbup:

Congrats!

Don B

Can somebody from virpil point me on which EU amazon shop i can order t50?

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

I ordered direct from virpil. I live in Finland, so Eu here too :)

-EDIT- That Amazon.uk price is grazy.. wtf ???

Least if turned in euros. I payed about 250e inc postage in virpil store.

Edited by Haukka81

Oculus CV1, Odyssey, Pimax 5k+ (i5 8400, 24gb ddr4 3000mhz, 1080Ti OC )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No idea if the current discount is applied to the amazon end...

Yes, I ordered direct from Virpil myself but of course you have on top VAT currently 20% in UK, postage and customs charge so you need to factor all in to decide.

On a stick, base, extensions, cover and desk stand the VAT bill for me alone was around £105 plus a levy for the post office to handle the transaction... they stick you all ways ha ha

SIGBLOCK.png

The discount is only for orders placed directly with Virpil from what I have read.

Don B

Can somebody from virpil point me on which EU amazon shop i can order t50?

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Amazon UK

Amazon DE

Just ordered one T-50 at morning :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to VPC! We look forward to hearing your thoughts!

Yes, I ordered direct from Virpil myself but of course you have on top VAT currently 20% in UK, postage and customs charge so you need to factor all in to decide.

On a stick, base, extensions, cover and desk stand the VAT bill for me alone was around £105 plus a levy for the post office to handle the transaction... they stick you all ways ha ha

The sale event is only on our webstore - and of course the Amazon prices include customs and VAT hence the price difference!

SU35_FirstFlightSale.png

There is only 2 days remaining on our Su-35 10th Anniversary sale! If you've been on the fence, now's the perfect time to jump in before it's too late! :pilotfly:

Edited by Cyph3r

► Website: www.virpil.com // ► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VirPilControls // ► Twitter: https://twitter.com/VirPilControls

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey Cyph3r, any way to take advantage of the sale without actually having them ship yet? ie - I want to by the new cams, and an extension set, but shipping to Aus kinda makes it silly without a more substantial purchase . Seeing as I also want a WarBRD, I'd like to order the cams and extensions, and then ship with a WarBRD purchase once available...

Z...

Edited by Barefoot Bandit

Amazon UK

Amazon DE

Welcome to VPC! We look forward to hearing your thoughts!

The sale event is only on our webstore - and of course the Amazon prices include customs and VAT hence the price difference!

SU35_FirstFlightSale.png

There is only 2 days remaining on our Su-35 10th Anniversary sale! If you've been on the fence, now's the perfect time to jump in before it's too late! :pilotfly:

Trying to order the MongoosT-50CM Grip but appears to be out of stock.

Do I have any recourse?

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

Hey Cyph3r, any way to take advantage of the sale without actually having them ship yet? ie - I want to by the new cams, and an extension set, but shipping to Aus kinda makes it silly without a more substantial purchase . Seeing as I also want a WarBRD, I'd like to order the cams and extensions, and then ship with a WarBRD purchase once available...

Z...

Only the VPC MongoosT-50 family of products are on sale, so you're not missing anything with the extension set! The cams are also not compatible with the VPC WarBRD (it has a different gimbal!).

Trying to order the MongoosT-50CM Grip but appears to be out of stock.

Do I have any recourse?

Where are you looking? The VPC MongoosT-50CM is definitely in stock!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]