Carrier ops in Caucasus

Alfredson007

Will it be possible to do carrier ops in Caucasus map? I mainly own eastern planes and never bought the Nevada map, and i am not that interested in Persian gulf right now... Also, will there be ever any Hornet content for Nevada map?

Complex aircraft aren't actually my passion but the Hornet is so tempting... Is there any point flying it (atleast initially) only on Caucasus region?

Also, as a little bonus question, is it too complex for basic controllers, i have a 3-axis quadrant, but not proper HOTAS system. (the most complex plane i own is the Mig-21 and it is on the edge of comfort control-wise, that said, i am happy to just fly and exploring the systems (ie using weapons in easy situations)

Thanks.

We broke it when Tarawa's

There were Nimitz carriers in DCS already, way before the Tarawa was added ;)

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I'm guessing all the training missions for the F/A-18 will be on the Caucasus map, so there is no need to buy other maps for flying or training and carrier training.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Really!

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Should be no problem doing it in game.... except if you're wanting to simulate a realistic situation.

The chances of a Nimitz class ever operating in the Black sea is next to zero, if they could even navigate the waterways into it, it would be almost suicidal to deploy there, you'd not have that far that you could actually go, the CBG would be a sitting duck for Russia.

Makes me wonder how Carrier ops will be like on Normandy, going up against the Luftwaffe in the Hornet. :megalol::megalol::megalol:

The Luftwaffe would be flying Mig-29G in this case, like they did in RL. :P

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

They made a lot of instant action for the F18. I have a lot less for the huey :)

Envoyé de mon SM-G955F en utilisant Tapatalk

Favorite modules : Huey, F-86F, F14 and P-51D

Quest 2, RTX 3080, i7 10700K, 16 Gb of RAM, Pro Flight Trainer PUMA helicopter setup, Warthog HOTAS with two force sensitive stick, custom cockpit and a GS-Cobra dynamic seat.

They made a lot of instant action for the F18. I have a lot less for the huey :)

Well, the Huey is a lot less complex ;)

Tornado3 small.jpg

Haven't you seen the central console? :)

But missions is not about plane complexity. Just about the designer making missions. And seems belsimtek didn't care about making more available missions...

Favorite modules : Huey, F-86F, F14 and P-51D

Quest 2, RTX 3080, i7 10700K, 16 Gb of RAM, Pro Flight Trainer PUMA helicopter setup, Warthog HOTAS with two force sensitive stick, custom cockpit and a GS-Cobra dynamic seat.

Carriers are not allowed to move into the Black Sea IRL (Treaty of Montreaux), but that is not the case in DCS

Which is why the Kuz is, 'cause it's not a carrier, its a heavy missile cruiser (that happens to have arrestor wires and a ramp).

F/A-18C will fly fine from the Kuz.

Well, the Huey is a lot less complex ;)

but harder to fly...

Cheers.

but harder to fly...

No doubt about that!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 6 months later...

Was trying a simple mission, tried launching a 4-ship F14As from carrier. They didn't even make it from parking due to crashing into each other. Anyway to get that kind of flight off the deck? Wanted to have a 2-ship launch from 'runway' and another 4 from parking hot. but then they blew up.