Recycle India - A Navigation Assist Idea!

Ok... Navigation with the F-5E is somewhat painful. And still after I understood, how to do it, it hurts when flying.

I understand and know that in time and with flight hours on the NTTR map, you will eventually know all the landmarks. But in the beginning, it is hard.

So - here's my idea:

Why not put a smoke signal on waypoint INDIA! You still would have to know your way around on the NTTR map, since everything else should stay as it is, but a smoke signal on INDIA would let you find your entrance point to the next fight and you could easier reset.

In my opionion it would be a great help to people who have not grown up in Nevada and it would not brake immersion too bad, since one could really think about this happening for orientation pusposes.

Maybe it's something worth considering for an update on the Campaign.

For the F-15 BFM Campaign and the F-18 BFM Campaign I don't recommend this, since you have a waypoint navigation and don't need it (still it would not hurt).

I would recommend against adding a smoke stack, just makes the sim look gamey Understanding navigation is a fundamental skill in aviation.

You shouldn't be fighting if you don't know where you are!!!

:-)

Win11 64bit, AMD Ryzen 58003DX, GeForce 3070 8GB, 2TB SSD, 64GB DDR4 RAM at 3200MHz _ full 1:1 FA-18C Cockpit https://www.youtube.com/@TheHornetProject

Simple. Tune Tacan 119X, set course 092. This way is very simple to find India. DME is 55 and just fly toward the waypoint.

OK - this sounds somewhat doable. The thought is, though, to quickly access the recycle point and quickly return into the 2nd fight. It would not sound or look totally unrealistic and I wouldn't recommend this for the F-15C or the F-18C Campaigns, since they have a waypoint navigation and HUD/moving map.

I would recommend against adding a smoke stack, just makes the sim look gamey Understanding navigation is a fundamental skill in aviation.

You shouldn't be fighting if you don't know where you are!!!

Good, that this does not count for cars as well! On the other hand, if now half the drivers on EARTH were not to drive a car, maybe some of our pollution problems would be solved.

It's a game - it's for fun, you know? :-P

How about maybe add an F10 Menu Option to request smoke on India?

Dr,

As you said, it is a game. If you want to have fun and make it easy why don’t you just open F10, click on you airplane Icon and see the navigation waypoints and fly toward India?

It is a game - it’s for fun, you know?

Developers will not be sorry for you and put a smoke just because you want. As simple as that.

Take care,

Sydy

Oh dear!

Noone needs to feel sorry for myself. It was just an idea that came to my mind while playing the campaign with the F-5E.

I guess what and what not any developers do or don't do should be something for them to consider and merely something from my personal opinion what could be a helpful and easy addition to the campaign.

Unfortunately that's not realistic unless the smoke is used to mark a target. The more advanced fighters have better nav so it's only an issue with the F-5E.

If you scan the ground when close to INDIA you will see there is a small hill that you can use as a visual reference. The trigger for READY fires when you are within 5nm of it. Use Rachel and the Farms as a way to orient yourself and it's easy to get back to the waypoint even without using the TACAN.

Screen_190817_091534.thumb.jpg.efb06cca62a7cd00ff5843a179ac9bcf.jpg

Screen_190817_091542.thumb.jpg.dcad984a05246ab016daf69a3b3d9d62.jpg

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates