Slam AGM-84E Problems

Lanlach

I was over-thinking the thing.

I was disturb by th SBY on second missile, I thought I had to re-align it (2'30").:doh:

Also I found it's a little bit weird to un-box/ box DL13 pod (I tried it) to get video feed, but so be it...:joystick:

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Not at this time. Hopefully someday.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

Hello everyone! One question: it seems to me that the PP mode for target acquisition with SLAM is not satisfactory. Even if I enter precisely the coordinates of the target, the missile hits the ground nearby and never the target! The coordinates are correct (they are the same as the waypoint identifies). So, I have to assume that the missile has a GPS problem (perhaps simulated to respect the status of the weapon at the time it was in use). On the other hand, terminal driving with the radio pod would not make sense. However, if I designate the target via TPOD, the missile hits the designated spot perfectly. Strange!

Every references I can find talk about GPS aided navigation.

But this is mid-90' technology. Maybe it was good enough to guide the missile near the target area, but not good enough for terminal guidance.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

I, too, would like to see a detailed procedure for employment of multiple AGM-84E, but in English, please. The DDI DL-13 page OSB 15 UFC button to change DL-13 channels is non-functional until TTS = 0 and seeker video displays. Correct behavior?

I am assigning DL13 initially to STA3, and stepping to set all weps to TOO. MSN check confirms all weps targeted to desired WP. Still having problems with seeker video. It comes on, but too blurry to find a target. In VR with 1080 res.

I, too, would like to see a detailed procedure for employment of multiple AGM-84E, but in English, please. The DDI DL-13 page OSB 15 UFC button to change DL-13 channels is non-functional until TTS = 0 and seeker video displays. Correct behavior?

I am assigning DL13 initially to STA3, and stepping to set all weps to TOO. MSN check confirms all weps targeted to desired WP. Still having problems with seeker video. It comes on, but too blurry to find a target. In VR with 1080 res.

Are you using the VR zoom ?

Mirage fanatic !

• 3 months later...

I`ve noticed that video image from SLAM is really bad, I dont know how its real but its a fact that is almost impossible to see а target and guide the missile in the final stage.

Is there a plans from ED to improve this in future?

Edited by DeathAngel1

..:NAVY PILOTS ARE THE THE BEST PILOTS:..

I`ve noticed that video image from SLAM is really bad, I dont know how its real but its a fact that is almost impossible to see а target and guide the missile in the final stage.

Is there a plans from ED to improve this in future?

Remember that SLAM is technology from Vietnam, back then it was probably top of the line

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

Remember that SLAM is technology from Vietnam, back then it was probably top of the line

SLAM is definitely not from Vietnam war-era, you are in mistake. Walleye is from Vietnam war-era.

SLAM was developed in 1988-1989 and it was first used in Operation Desert storm (1991).

Edited by DeathAngel1

..:NAVY PILOTS ARE THE THE BEST PILOTS:..

SLAM is definitely not from Vietnam war-era, you are in mistake. Walleye is from Vietnam war-era.

SLAM was developed in 1988-1989 and it was first used in Operation Desert storm (1991).

Yes walleye was Vietnam era, and which weapon did they pull the MITL stuff from to make SLAM? QED SLAM = Vietnam era.

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

• 1 month later...

Well, I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but... I set the SLAMs to FLT low. Fired the missiles, but insetad of going low, they go up and then, midway the missile seems to spend all his fuel anf falls down to the ground.

I fired them in TOO mode, and I checked the waypoint height and it is right, close to the ground.

Really don't know what I'm doing wrong. Very strange behavior by the missile.

This is an amazing sim! 'Nuff said!:pilotfly:

YouTube: SloppyDog

• 6 months later...

In regard to the SLAM falling out of the sky, it seems it has a minimum launch speed. It could be a bug, or it could be that the weapon needs a certain speed for an air start of its engine. From the testing I have done, it seems it needs at least 300 Knots IAS, in order to properly start is engine and track.

The only way I can hit something with SLAM is by using the coordinates (PPmode) or by using the TPOD (which transmits the coordinates of the target). The radio pod is useless. Currently, in the absence of satisfactory instructions on how to use it (even the symbology is mysterious!) I will not use it (and I don't think I will be the only one). Moreover, I also tried to use the radio pod in what should be the smartest way: once the missile was launched (at about 50 nm from the target), the airplane with autopilot should make a large turn in order to not enter the enemy MEZ (near the target). Well, the radio signal is interrupted and the TTS countdown no longer appears. Of course I am wrong, but there is no reference to help. I await Chuck and his precious guide. In the meantime, I use SLAM as a more advanced JSOW.
If you haven't figured it out, you need to select aft antenna when turning away from the target/missile.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk