Normandy Map Discussion

Lenux

As I sit here at work, clutching myself like an addict suffering from withdrawal issues. I say to to ED please announce the release of this map already! It's about to over ripen!! ;)

All kidding aside I am very please with how this map is coming along!:thumbup:

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

I was expecting just a few green polygons for England, so this is a pleasant surprise

| Windows 10 | I7 4790K @ 4.4ghz | Asus PG348Q | Asus Strix 1080TI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 2400 DDR3 | Asrock Fatal1ty Z97 | Samsung EVO 850 500GB (x2) | SanDisk 240GB Extreme Pro | Coolermaster Vanguard S 650Watt 80+ | Fractal Design R4 | VirPil T-50 | MFG Crosswind Graphite | KW-908 JetSeat Sim Edition | TrackIR 5 |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I agree with the others here. If this is 'low detail' I can't really tell. Awesome work ED.

Also, what Raven said. Release it already! :P :D

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

Agreed.........ready to pay now !

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

Though I wouldn't expect official release date this week, the hype train on Friday will be hudge :)

Map looks just great, didn't expect such level of details. Soo many great stuff comming to DCS recently :thumbup:

I still have my time fully dedicated to Viggen while it looks like Normandy is close.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

Thanks for the pics! Looking great...nice job ED.

Ready to roll here...

Yes, better than expected.

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

way more detailed than what i expected..i thought its going to be 1big green blank texture, and maybe runways with couple of hangars around....thats a pleasant surpsie.

but, isnt this supposed to be an alpha release? as a former kickstarter backer who pledged to an amount to get early access to the map, it somehow hurts to read them developing laundry hanging on lines etc...dont get me wrong, im not against such details, but this thing looks damn "releasable" for quite some time now. clean clothes can come at a later point. what are you waiting for?

Well then you 2 can do the laundry while David and I take our stinky unsafe selves on a joyride through France and England!

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

• ED Team
way more detailed than what i expected..i thought its going to be 1big green blank texture, and maybe runways with couple of hangars around....thats a pleasant surpsie.

but, isnt this supposed to be an alpha release? as a former kickstarter backer who pledged to an amount to get early access to the map, it somehow hurts to read them developing laundry hanging on lines etc...dont get me wrong, im not against such details, but this thing looks damn "releasable" for quite some time now. clean clothes can come at a later point. what are you waiting for?

Its not releasable, if it were releasable, it would have been released, most businesses like money. Most businesses like to be able to sell their products.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

I'm guessing blocking bugs like clipping trough the map, stuff disappearing from different angels, performance problems and so on. The usual reasons.