Head bounce

Lixma 06

Just picked up the F-15 and it's great apart from the weird head bouncing.

I have natural head movement turned on because I love the effect (though I tune it down a bit) but this is something different. There doesn't appear to be any damping so after rolling the aircraft your head continues to ricochet left and right like a pinball.

Any chance it could be tweaked to match the other aircraft?

can you post a video?

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

good point ---- really wish this was an "option" we could turn on or off

also... that "zoom out" effect as the sim starts - would love to kill it once and for all...

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Do you have your "Head movement by G-forces effect" enable ?

Are you using some sort of headtracking ?

If you are not using any headtracking, try disabling this option

I am using both a headtracker and that effect, and I can definitely tell you that I am not experiencing such wobbles. I might go as far as to say that I don't even feel the effect, but that could be, because I am used to it.

If it was that much, I'd definitely have complained by now.

also... that "zoom out" effect as the sim starts - would love to kill it once and for all...

Yeah, I can agree with that

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

• 2 weeks later...
Just to make sure, if you uncheck the g-forces ALL head movement will stop?

In 1.5.8 and 2.0 all head movement stops except the horrible side to side movement when banking.

With it unchecked it reduces the side to side bobbing by 80% or so. It's still there just significantly reduced. I guess this what people are referring to when they say it cannot be completely removed.

• 4 months later...

One of my pet peeves of any flight sim the infamous head bob.

The thing is your head in the real world is stabilized by your neck and upper torso. Your head doesnt flop around like a springy man on a truck dashboard.

To add to that your brain does a great job of cancelling movement from your eyes so the suspension you get ie dampening created by your body cancels out almost all movement except in the worst turbulence.

Aerobatics etc are the same buffet being absorded.

The elimination of the head bounce function should be the elimination of it it is highly unrealistic

But what would i know i have only been flying for 33 years lol...