Change mission start time

mj3437

I am trying to change the start time for the "Hogs to Slaughter" mission for the Su-27, but Notepad++ opens the .miz file with cryptic symbols(?).

Any way to do this, or are all the stock missions that come with FC3 locked? I searched and came up with a thread about campaign missions being locked (DLC) and am assuming single missions are also.

I'm running stable build 1.5....

Thanks for any help:helpsmilie:

MJ

msi Z170A MB, i7-6700k @ 4.0GHz, 32GB DDR4

GeForce GTX 970 4GB, Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB

Acer Predator Z271, 650w PSU, Corsair Carbon500R, MS FFB 2

Just an FYI.

Miz files are actually renamed zip files. If you have reason to want to hack a mission, instead of editing it in the ME, the way to do it is to rename it to a '.zip' extension, then unzip it. The files then can be edited with Notepad++. Then reverse the procedure to recreate a '.miz' file.

In this case, as Art-J said, just use the ME.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Didn't the new changelog for the upcoming update state that you will be able to change mission date in ME?

I don't recall that in the change log, but AFAIK you have always been able to change the date and time in the ME. At least, I have been able to since before DCS World even existed.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Thanks for the replies. All these years, and have yet to mess with the ME! Thanks again, and I hope I won't ask anymore obvious questions.

MJ

msi Z170A MB, i7-6700k @ 4.0GHz, 32GB DDR4

GeForce GTX 970 4GB, Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB

Acer Predator Z271, 650w PSU, Corsair Carbon500R, MS FFB 2

Hmmm, I wish that year was not listed at all. For instance, I have a Vietnam era mission and the year is displayed as 2011. In this calendar I use for mission building, the important things are sun times and moon phases... LOL, there are some posts about missing leap days, maybe the calendar could span two years to include a leap year, with a plus of having a two-year campaign!

:-)

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

You will be able to change the year in 1.5.4

Yes, that is what I was saying exactly :D Just expressed myself a bit wrong, forgot to mention year two posts back.

Don't ask, here's the answer: 95% of my posts are edited because I have OCD.