DCS 2020 Update

Habu_69

They even should finish it earlier...it would be a 3 years development for this product. :(

3 years is absolutly fine for such a complex module. Look at much older modules like the Harrier or the Viggen that are still not finished...

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I think finishing the Hornet in 2020 is a realistic goal, even with the features that need correction. On the other hand, look at the A-10. There are still coming bug fixes and feature corrections, so i assume the Hornet will be going stable release this year but will still need work and corrections after beeing "finished".

Not sure about the F-16, it's still far behind the Hornet. Finishing the F-16 this year in tandem with the Hornet seems to be promised a little bit too much. But we'll see...

Phanteks EvolvX / Win 11 / i9 12900K / MSI Z690 Carbon / MSI Suprim RTX 3090 / 64GB G.Skill Trident Z  DDR5-6000 / 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB SATA SSD / 1TB SATA SSD / Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora Pro 360 / beQuiet StraightPower 1200W

RSEAT S1 / VPC T50 CM2 + 300mm extension + Realsimulator F18 CGRH / VPC WarBRD + TM Warthog grip / WinWing F/A-18 Super Taurus / 4x TM Cougar MFD / TM TPR / HP Reverb G2

I'm just relieved were even talking about a Finnish line, I wish them the best and would love a 2020 release, however I want it to be totally complete, down to the BIT page and backup modes, not just feature complete. I just don't know if 2020 gives them enough time based on the rate we're seeing updates to already implemented systems but I could be totally wrong.

Lately It seems like we see a new system added along with some issues/unfinished elements, a little bug fixing, and then they move on to something else, and those issues and unfinished elements have pilled up. To say that "now were gonna come back and finalize everything" seems like a little too much work for 1 year at this point but I don't know, They've surprised us before.

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

It would be cool, and I think maybe realistic for the hornet, but I'm a bit mind boggled that the viper would progress so fast, even though alot of pioneering work was already done on the hornet. Anyhow, its cool news and a good goal.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Yeah there is a lot of stuff to finish, though... AMU, A/G and SEA RADAR, ATFLIR (w/HUD symbology!!), SLAM-ER, JHMCS (A/G stuff), hopefully we'll get the 1000lb JDAMs.

Honestly, there is enough for ME to work on mastering it. But AMU (data cartridge) will be HUGE. Been waiting this long, happy to wait longer I guess.

They've done a decent job at this. I'm sure there are people that are legitimately "held back" by some lacking features, but I'm not one of them.

Intel Core i7-6700@3.4GHz

EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB

16GB RAM

TM TFRP Rudder Pedals

TM TWCS Throttle

Virpil VPCWarBRD Base

TM F/A-18C Hornet Grip

How does that work ?

Look at a point on the ground, press a button and the TGP can slave to the point the pilot is looking at, if I am correct.

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

Im just curious, when we have Walleye and AWW-13 pod already, will the next weapon be SLAM or SLAM-ER, because they use the AWW-13 datalink pod too..

Very likely, although they likely have stuff that needs to be developed for them, such as their autopilot.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

They even should finish it earlier...it would be a 3 years development for this product. :(

The A-10C took longer.

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

Look at a point on the ground, press a button and the TGP can slave to the point the pilot is looking at, if I am correct.

Yes, about that way. You make the HUD/HMD as your SOI and you designate ground where you are looking. And then you can start searching with targeting pod the area for fine tuning.

The most feature rich thing that system allows to do, is the threat designation for low-level flying when penetrating enemy front-line. You fly low and fast, and if you have optimal visibility you can just look at the interesting areas you see and mark them. Then get out of the area and get up in the altitude to start processing that data.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Yeah there is a lot of stuff to finish, though... AMU, A/G and SEA RADAR, ATFLIR (w/HUD symbology!!), SLAM-ER, JHMCS (A/G stuff), hopefully we'll get the 1000lb JDAMs.

Honestly, there is enough for ME to work on mastering it. But AMU (data cartridge) will be HUGE. Been waiting this long, happy to wait longer I guess.

They've done a decent job at this. I'm sure there are people that are legitimately "held back" by some lacking features, but I'm not one of them.

I'm really wondering how much of the core tech is actually already done. Deka has ALL of this stuff in the Jeff today. So I'm wondering how much of it is their proprietary stuff vs core ED API's. They said at least the A/G radar tech was ED's API IIRC.

They haven't even started on the EW stuff yet, Chiz posted a job opening for an EW coder a few weeks back. But at least it looks like that is gonna be in the pipe too.

Stuff like a new JDAM seems trivial. But I'd rather they finish up alot of the half-finished systems, like JDAM DLZ (works in the Jeff). Plus damage and other basic systems modeling.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Yes, about that way. You make the HUD/HMD as your SOI and you designate ground where you are looking. And then you can start searching with targeting pod the area for fine tuning.

The most feature rich thing that system allows to do, is the threat designation for low-level flying when penetrating enemy front-line. You fly low and fast, and if you have optimal visibility you can just look at the interesting areas you see and mark them. Then get out of the area and get up in the altitude to start processing that data.

Yeah, this will make both the hornet/Viper/(new a10c?) real A/G killers.

I think all the work in the F-18c was groundwork and the F-16 will go much quicker. What you see in updates are far behind where they are in development, they just have to test and test more to ensure they get the results they are looking for. Very time consuming. If you look back at all the development that was going on at the same time, you would be amazed they got anything done. I have to say (because I am a frequent critic of ED), is they have done a great job.

As someone stated. The Hornet laid the groundwork for the F-16 development so I wouldn't be surprised if both get finished by end of 2020. The F-16 development has the added benefit of not using complex systems like the Harpoon and SLAM/SLAM-ER.

F/A-18C; A-10C; F-14B; Mirage 2000C; A-4E; F-16C; Flaming Cliffs 3