Having problems with msffb2 trim

bumfire

I just picked up a msffb2 stick.

It works in all other games ai have but I am having trouble with dcs.

In the ka50, what version of trimming should I use ? Default, centre stick trimming or joystick with no springs or ffb ?

I ask because I have tried them all and I am still having problems for example.

If I try to fully deflect the stick to the right and trim, the stick will automatically deflect to full left ?

Also instead of the stick staying where I trimmed it at, it always goes back to centre 99% of the time.

I thought if I trimmed it at a certain position it would stay there and I could take my hand off it and when i put my hand back on the stick it would still stay in position, but it doesnt work like that, mines seems to keep wanting to go back to centre.

Plus I dont get any feedback from firing guns or hitting the deck hard

How do I set this thing up ?

Cheers

Edit

Using windows 10

Edited by bumfire

There is an option elsewhere in the settings (I don't remember the tab) you have to tick for it to work, named "use force feedback" or something, and then use Default trimmer mode.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Its weird because the stick always wants to recentre itself most of the time, not always.

Also if i am in the ka50 on the ground and fully deflect the stick the left and trim, it stays there, if I fully deflect to the right and trim it fully deflects to the left and nearly breaks my wrist at the same time.

This is the only game I have problems with, I have tried the ffb axis invert, havent tried swap axis but the stick ingame is following what I do with my stick, up it goes up, down it goes down and left and right.

It just seems to be a trimming problem

Also, even though the joystick works in windows 10 i do not see it anywhere in usb devices or device manager, I havent installed the drivers as I was told I didnt need to as they were already in windows 10.

Will try the swap axis and will get back to you, thanks.

Default trim options in "misc." or special. check swap axis in ffb tune...not invert.

Spoiler

Win 11 Pro, z790 i9 13900k, RTX 4090 , 64GB DDR 6400GB, OS and DCS are on separate pci-e 4.0 drives 

Sim hardware - VKB MCG Ultimate with 200mm extension, Virpil T-50CM3 Dual throttles.   Blackhog B-explorer (A), TM Cougar MFD's (two), MFG Crosswinds with dampener.   Obutto R3volution gaming pit.  

Finally figured it out, i had to disable the spring feedback feature as that was making the stick always recentre when the sensor beam was broken, which inturn made flying not good.

So, a quick swap axis and turn spring all the way down to 0 in ffsim app and boom, am now shooting peeps in the face again but my tir is down, just waiting for a replacement so i can get fully back into the game.

Glad I finally figured out the recentre problem, also thanks to the peeps who suggested to swap axis.

Much appreaciated.

• 2 weeks later...

download and use simFBB

it's way better FFB

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |