JF-17

WelshZeCorgi

So how was Deka able to model the JF-17? It's a rather new aircraft in service in china and Pakistan in 2007 and 08 respectively. Did they get all the info they needed? Isn't, or shouldn't, the info be classified?

I ask because it seems like a lot of aircraft are off the table simply because documents needed to model them properly are classified or something along those lines.

So I'm wondering how or why Chengdu Aircraft Industry Group and Pakistan Aeronautical Complex gave approval.

They have a manual, the FM was verified by Chengdu during a visit to there facility, a lot of the weapons are modeled from visits to Nanchang factory, and for example they specifically model Chinese weapons becuase they have sources for those and not Pakistani weapons.

They’re sources are Chinese, Chengdu has approved it, but PAC or PAF is not involved. It is clear that they have access to a lot of needed information, as well as SMEs

Compared to capabilities of Eurofighter being introduced, JF-17 pales in comparison when it comes to modern solutions. A lot of things you will find in JF-17 are compromises made for price, or only a small improvement on MIG-21 in some areas. It is meant to be cheap and for export, and PLAAF doesn’t operate any of the type.

In addition I believe the 3D modeling and cockpit is based off the JF-17 prototype at the Beijing museum. I’m sure they’re able to get good enough photos of the test birds at Chengdu that have the more modern equipment

Edited by AeriaGloria

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg