Blackburn Buccaneer

lord-gore

Would love a Blackburn Buccaneer preferably S.2D and S.2B

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

• 2 weeks later...

The Bucc has a lot of things going for it - Navy or Air Force. Martel, Sea Eagle, Paveway / Pavespike, sidewinder, bombs galore - internal or external, including nukes.

Lots of fuel, and ability to refuel others with a refuelling pod... 2 seat Nav/Pilot.

In fact the only downside is the one shot chaff dispenser (cardboard chaff packets taped to the inside of the airbrake) & no flares.

Why they bothered with the chaff is beyond me, since when I was on 208, I doubt they flew high enough for it to be of use.

Whover did it would have to faithfully simulate the little details, like the Polystyrene cone needed to be able to view the scope, and the Hydraulics failing to fold more than one wing at a time without having to get a groundcrew to jump up & down on the offending wingtip to make it move... followed bu a swiftish exit from said wingtip before it did so.

Alas, I don't see much sign that it is likely to happen...

I recently found this interesting video about how unique the Buccaneer was. The Commentator talks about it from the pilots seat giving a sense of how it was to operate it.

Edited by Evoman