DCS: Mi-24P - What we know + Discussion

MrDieing

Check and thx for the info :thumbup:

"Ineffectiveness against most UR with IR CNS, which are used in the game".

So it was effective against which SAM systems ?

Redeye, 9K32 Strela-2??

Redeye is always mentioned in relation to this system. It's a relative simple construction and the groundcrew has to setup the "IR-modulation frequency" for the expected IR-missile before takeoff.

I don't know if your browser can translate a german website to english but anyway here is the link: https://www.nva-flieger.de/index.php/technik/bewaffnung/infrarot-stoereinrichtungen.html

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Google Translate

… So it was effective against which SAM systems ?

Redeye, 9K32 Strela-2??

Against any 1st generation missiles with an amplitude-phase modulated IR homing.

Original in Russian

Против любых ракет 1-го поколения, имеющих ИКГСН с амплитудно-фазовой модуляцией.

Sorry, I don't speak English, so I use Google Translate.

Redeye is always mentioned in relation to this system. It's a relative simple construction and the groundcrew has to setup the "IR-modulation frequency" for the expected IR-missile before takeoff.

I don't know if your browser can translate a german website to english but anyway here is the link: https://www.nva-flieger.de/index.php/technik/bewaffnung/infrarot-stoereinrichtungen.html

Thxxx for the link, this website seems to be very accurate and complete.

For sure, I will translate (in french), some of the pages ;)

Against any 1st generation missiles with an amplitude-phase modulated IR homing.

Thx for the precision, I was not aware of that!:thumbup:

101 Pages and three years of conversation and speculation.

Still stuck in "chit-Chat" and not an official word from any developer.

Disappointed doesnt even begin to describe how I feel :helpsmilie:

"Your pumping days are over, Megatron!" -Optimus Prime

"This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence" -Vyvian

Disappointed doesnt even begin to describe how I feel :helpsmilie:

I also don’t understand why this still doesn’t have its own separate thread. Especially since Wags teased us with one on the Syria map video...

g8PjVMw.png

We must keep the faith my friend.

I know that you are waiting for the release of this module just as much as I am with great impatience. For sure, I would be glad to see this forum moving in the DCS module's forum but generally it's only happenning just a few days or weeks before the release and I think that's still to soon for the moment...

Often announced but rarely developed, we can nevertheless clearly see progress in the project which has been announced for this year.

For my part, I remain optimistic but also realistic!

The Mi-24P seems to be clearly in development but I believe there is still a lot to be done to hope for a release this year... but who knows ...

The fact that the helicopter is in dual seats undoubtedly a brake on its rapid development because for the rest there is nothing technologically very advanced about the model that is developed.

The Russian forum on the Mi-24 has been very, very quiet for several weeks, who knows after the holidays.

Someone had already asked how it was that theMi-24 was still in the chit-chat forum and ED replied that it would only be inthe module section when there was really more development. ...

All that remains is to cross your fingers and hope for new information during the second trimester 2020..

BUT...I completely understand your frustration

Edited by Razorback

Iknow that you are waiting for the release of this module just as much as I amwith great impatience. For sure, I would be glad to see this forum moving in the DCS module's forum but generally it's only happenning just a few days or weeks before the release and I think that's still to soon for the moment...

Often announced but rarely developed, we cannevertheless clearly see progress in the project which has been announced forthis year.

ED could very well break those habits, so it wouldn't be so expected thing to be.

Once they announce something is coming, they should open the forum. Even if it is 3-5 years in advance. It is just "cleaning the house" that you dedicate a room for a given purpose even when you are just drafting the house designs and not even purchased the land for it...

It would help a lot of everyone when you could direct people to that sub-forum to discuss about it, post there the news and manage the community there. You get possibilities to move threads etc there from wrong places and guide people to go there discuss about it when some threads goes too off-topic.

ps. Please avoid all special font and other trickery, makes replying annoying experience.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Just for fun :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrJk1qmthd4

But take look at the beast at 16:40...:thumbup:

Thank you, for reminding that why again the Mi-24V or Mi-24VP would have been so much more fun with the rotating turret......

Now when ED is working for improved soldiers skeleton models, animations (prone etc!) and cover options, we have change to have far more effective and stronger infantry that actually requires more of a time to deal them, and they could become the main force of any mission, instead vehicles and strategic structures. Once you get infantry properly in the game, it truly becomes "Combat Simulator" and DCS:CA gets new life.

I never really understood ED’s choice for the P variant but it is what it is. I just really hope they will make a V or VP 23mm variant turret version afterwards. For me personally and I suspect a lot of other people as well the V is the most iconic Hind.

g8PjVMw.png

I never really understood ED’s choice for the P variant but it is what it is. I just really hope they will make a V or VP 23mm variant turret version afterwards. For me personally and I suspect a lot of other people as well the V is the most iconic Hind.

Because it won't have multicrew or much of an AI. Pilot cannot solo a V, but he CAN solo a P. Also, the 30mm is more effective against 90% of targets you'll encounter in DCS. It's not like it's a unfathomable mystery. The P is a lot simpler to do.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Because it won't have multicrew or much of an AI. Pilot cannot solo a V, but he CAN solo a P. Also, the 30mm is more effective against 90% of targets you'll encounter in DCS. It's not like it's a unfathomable mystery. The P is a lot simpler to do.

That's also my guess on that. But they won't get around multicrew anyway. Hoping for some collab with HB here, since they've done it already.

I'd absolutely love to get a VP later on. The GSh-23 is adequate for most targets as well.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

You could do a simpler AI gunner for pilots to fly. Heck, even the Hind has such.... Just make it smoother talker and react with new options for targeting and reaction and it would be fine to start.

Flying Mi-24 with 30mm cannon is like flying Mi-8 with 23mm cannon pods, you really don't hit much with it. Or take a KA-50 and fix the 30mm cannon and try to hit at something.

You will quickly want to have someone else to do the firing and aiming with stabilization turret and aiming sight, and you just to fly around.

For 90% of targets people will be using missiles and rockets, for 10% it will be like cannon, against targets that can't shoot back and no one is protecting.

And Mi-24P anyways requires AI to launch missiles, as pilot can't do it. It is not different much to aim missiles as it is to aim rotating turret.

12.7mm is effective against anything you would really need to destroy with gun, from infantry, trucks to some APC and even some IFV, and even more against anything that flies. Want more firepower against infantry? You go back to rockets. There is IFV, AAA or MBT? It is missiles then if not rockets by change.

With KA-50 one can use cannon effective because automation and it is a turning, if it would be fixed, many wouldn't care for it.

I don't know anyone who would be with KA-50 like "I fix the gun as it is so much more effective that way"....

I take any day for cannon use the Shkval for longer ranges or HMS for close pop-ups.

And Mi-24P is so underdog compared to KA-50, that someone believing they can do as effective cannon engagements with it are just going to fool themselves until they get to fly it.

The UH-1 was overkill before ED fixed the miniguns effectiveness against armor. But it is 7.62mm https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=254520

And most APC or other vehicles ain't protected fully against 12.7mm.

VP with 23mm is of course more effective, but 12.7mm more versatile.

We could even have a "fake HMS" for gunner, you can not use it to engage others, but you would use it to command AI to look given direction and positions as general (so example AI either scan 45 degree direction or focus to 5 degree spot), so AI would concentrate their scanning in that area to find target. And having a 4-way hat compatible target priority commands, (infantry, AA, armor and transport) you would be able effectively tell AI what to aim and destroy. So you look at direction, command AI look there and give commands to "engage Anti-Air" and it will pick up from group of targets the AA units.

The "spot" would allow AI avoid "can't see" moments, as pilot as human does the spring and AI could right away find the unit there as human did the spotting. So no more "enemy tank, 11'clock, 30 kilometers" calls.

The player wouldn't at any given moment feel any disadvantage compared to P model, as you can be even more effective as AI use aiming to for turret.

It is like AI firing 12.7mm Kord in Mi-8, devastating effect.

• ED Team

We will start discussing the Mi-24 more soon.

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Yessssss, ED did it, finally we are in the right forum....and another surprise, the Hind over Latakia video...Oh God I will look this video again and again...

You see Grodlund, never loose the faight, today is party time !! :D:D

Edited by Razorback

Yessssss, ED didi it, finally we are in the right forum....and another surprise, the Hind over Latakia video...Oh God I will look this video again and again...

You see Grodlund, never loose the faight, today is party time !! :D:D

I am in full celebration mode!

watching the video over and over again - with a looking glass - trying not too giggle too much :gun_rifle:

Edited by Grodlund

"Your pumping days are over, Megatron!" -Optimus Prime

"This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence" -Vyvian

I am in full celebration mode!

watching the video over and over again - with a looking glass - trying not too giggle too much :gun_rifle:

Same for me !

Enjoy it my friend !:thumbup:

I am already planning a mission editor with the Hind on the Bassal Al-Assad AB.

I really like the region...and the russian home base in Syria...