Unveiling the VKB TECS Throttle Control System

UIV

I´m also looking forward to the TECS. The only thing I am concerned about are the (hopefully) 4-way hat switches on the side and in front of the right throttle lever. I really do hope that they don`t behave/feel like the trim switch on the MCG Pro, which is more like a mini-stick rather than a real trim switch and feels too light with too low resistance in the movement (the only thing I don`t like about the grip). Would be nice, if those switches on the throttle feel more like the ones that are used on the Warthog throttle or stick.

Edited by ram0506

I7 6700K, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, EVGA GTX1080Ti SC, 32GB DDR4 @ 3000, Win10 64, BenQ EW3270ZL 2560x1440, VPC WarBRD Base + TM Warthog Grip, TM Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, Oculus Rift S

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That'll be the highlight of this throttle. It's modeled on modern fighters that can make great use of mini-sticks. If you're hoping to use it for WWII fighters, it probably won't be perfectly suited for them.

Not to totally discount you, but if VKB have listened they'll make the lower thumb hat and index finger hat into mini-sticks to satisfy both Russian and Western design preferences. Missing a chance to use either of those hats for mini-sticks would be missing about half the target audience.

.. but if VKB have listened they'll make the lower thumb hat and index finger hat into mini-sticks to satisfy both Russian and Western design preferences.

Or better make then like in MCG pro, mini-stick that when pressed the center button (by amount of time) alternate for DX buttons, like a conventional HAT. :)

Only the "flimsy feel" is not possible alternate. :D

• Like 1

Only the "flimsy feel" is not possible alternate. :D

That's what I was talking about. I'm absolutely fine with those switches on the throttle working as mini-sticks. But I'm hoping for a more "quality feel" of them compared to the trim-switch of the grip. On the picture of the TECS they look like being equal to that trim-switch.

Edited by ram0506

I7 6700K, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, EVGA GTX1080Ti SC, 32GB DDR4 @ 3000, Win10 64, BenQ EW3270ZL 2560x1440, VPC WarBRD Base + TM Warthog Grip, TM Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, Oculus Rift S

I sincerely hope the TECS will be offered, as an option, with no labels. Given how variable the cockpit layouts are in the DCS jets and the # of modular add-ons that are anticipated (thus an increasing number of buttons and customization of putting different pieces in different places for different uses), it seems kind of silly to handcuff certain buttons to certain functions via a label.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

I sincerely hope the TECS will be offered, as an option, with no labels. Given how variable the cockpit layouts are in the DCS jets and the # of modular add-ons that are anticipated (thus an increasing number of buttons and customization of putting different pieces in different places for different uses), it seems kind of silly to handcuff certain buttons to certain functions via a label.

Good point. I had not thought of that, but on my x55 the switches are labeled Tgl 1, 2, 3, .. A, B C.. which I just ignore. I also would prefer this type of generic labeling. I think to associate the switches with the control panel software they would want some identification. But I get your point.

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

• 4 weeks later...

Whatever i'm doing, the brake lever is useless, i can't use it / assign it to any button / command

I calibrated the joystick, many times

Could you please, help me ?

Edited by Lenux

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

Does anyone knows?

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

Does anyone knows?

I think you're in the wrong thread...this is for the upcoming throttle, not the MCG.

Having said that, when I got my MCG I followed the instructions on the website for downloading the latest firmware, then calibrated it. I also followed the online instructions describing how to assign a single button to the brake lever and have had zero problems.

Whatever i'm doing, the brake lever is useless, i can't use it / assign it to any button / command

I calibrated the joystick, many times

Could you please, help me ?

Post in VKB Technical Support forum:

http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewforum.php?f=25

And open a Support Ticket per the pinned instruction or you may end non notice/ignored. :D

Edited by Sokol1_br

Fixed it, thank you

• 2 weeks later...
Could it be past onto the original poster "UIV" asking him to edit the original post such that the images are displayed again, please?

OP (or moderator) need change in first post:

https://s26.postimg.org/xsrrhka47/TECS_v02_4.jpg?dl=1

for

https://s26.postimg.cc/xsrrhka47/TECS_v02_4.jpg?dl=1

this .cc restore old images links:

Postimage now are using: http://postimages.org/

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a pic..

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for linking these pictures, Sokol!

Finally I get to see the left side of the throttle. Long time ago I asked, if there will be a switch (for lighting) on the left side, like on the TMW-Throttle. Now here is the answer: we will get two!:thumbup: