Decol warning light

fulcrum_64th

Hello,

During the start up, I have mistakenly touched the trim. I got an alarm and the warming light decol(i.e. Wrong takeoff config). How can I reset that ? I.e. Set the trim back to correct config and get the warning light off.

Best

Fulcrum

:pilotfly:

win 10x64 - Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero - I9 9900K@5.0GHz - Samsung 970 EVO m2 2TB - RAM Corsair 64GB DDR4 - Corsair H150i pro - Strix RTX 2080 Ti- oculus rift S and a few other goodies :joystick:

Actually there is Trim reset button

It's not a "simple" trim reset, it's a full FCS reset button. But sure, it also resets trim.

Now, a simpler way to achieve OP's goal (and a more realistic too) is to use the AP standby trigger. I advise to map this on a button accessible while flying, because its purpose is to be presed while you have your hand on the stick. With the HOTAS Warthog, I use the "trigger" at the front base of the stick.

AP Standby => trim reset. And it's mapped (or should be!) so it's readily available.:)

spacer.png

A little off topic but I get the Decol warning light sometimes when I land and the nose wheel touches the runway. Anybody else get this or know why the warning comes on?

You may have retrimmed the aircraft in flight and the setup is probably not suitable for a landing configuration - but easy to resolve.

Reset the trim before landing - key mapped to my joystick and I reset it when I see the decole alert.

Cheers

You may have retrimmed the aircraft in flight and the setup is probably not suitable for a landing configuration - but easy to resolve.

Reset the trim before landing - key mapped to my joystick and I reset it when I see the decole alert.

Cheers

I see the button in the cockpit and it works fine. But what is the key bind for it? I couldn't find anything in the controls?

• 6 months later...
A little off topic but I get the Decol warning light sometimes when I land and the nose wheel touches the runway. Anybody else get this or know why the warning comes on?

The contact, hence the compression, of the nose/main landing gear gave the "Ground Condition" to the avionic.

• 4 years later...

Playing online. The FBW test failed to get a green light and my DECOL light is on. Never seen this happen before. Cycling the test again worked though 

i9-13900K @ 6.2GHz oc | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5