Mission 3 - Fail

Hey Glyn,

I was doing mission 3 and I'd just destroyed the Geckos and artillery when instructed to go to tanker. I input the Tacan and began a turn towards the tanker. I mean, it was a leisurely turn, I admit, but maybe I went too far away from the tanker and I got a mission fail notification saying "You did not complete the second task" or similar.

It's just my opinion, of course, but I think if that fail is related to being too far from the tanker then maybe it should change or the distance increased? I think I was 17 miles away when I failed. I egressed west after launching my final maverick so I was already a good bit away from the tanker when I received the message.

By the way! I finally got past mission 1! Haha. Turned out a lot of my issues were the Frogfoots going defensive on me after firing the rockets but before getting to the runway midpoint and therefore their immortality never turned off. Hopefully that will be solved for others in the update :-)

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR

Hey Glyn,

I was doing mission 3 and I'd just destroyed the Geckos and artillery when instructed to go to tanker. I input the Tacan and began a turn towards the tanker. I mean, it was a leisurely turn, I admit, but maybe I went too far away from the tanker and I got a mission fail notification saying "You did not complete the second task" or similar.

It's just my opinion, of course, but I think if that fail is related to being too far from the tanker then maybe it should change or the distance increased? I think I was 17 miles away when I failed. I egressed west after launching my final maverick so I was already a good bit away from the tanker when I received the message.

By the way! I finally got past mission 1! Haha. Turned out a lot of my issues were the Frogfoots going defensive on me after firing the rockets but before getting to the runway midpoint and therefore their immortality never turned off. Hopefully that will be solved for others in the update :-)

Thanks for that. I will check it out. Yes when the revised mission 1 is issued it will be much more straight forward.

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

Hey Glyn,

Hi thanks for the feed back. I have now looked into it. Yes by drifting that far to the west you had hit another trigger zone which caused the problem so when you eventually headed to the tanker it was seen as a fail for the second task. Not your problem though I have updated the mission. it shouldn't happen again in the revised mission when issued.

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

Oof Misson 3 is hard.

If you miss the houses with your single MK 83 then it's game over. You can't strafe the houses and doesn't appear to be a way to continue as you have no AG weapons left.

I missed the houses twice there must be wind blowing from the East as I miss just short by maybe 3 metres? I even put a bit of lead the second time and still missed. :-( Looks like you have to hit them right on the bullseye.

I thought I'd just fast forward a replay and take control but the replay is bust and has me rolling over into the dirt just before the SAM sites. :-(

Edited by xnomad

Windows 10 Pro 64bit, i7-9700KF @ 3.60GHz, 32GB RAM, GeForce RTX 2070 Super 1800MHz, Occulus Rift S, CH Pro Pedals, CH Pro Throttle, Virpil MongoosT-50 CM2, Virpil VPC WarBRD Base.

Oof Misson 3 is hard. If you miss the houses with your single MK 83 then it's game over. You can't strafe the houses and doesn't appear to be a way to continue as you have no AG weapons left.

I missed the houses twice there must be wind blowing from the East as I miss just short by maybe 3 metres? I even put a bit of lead the second time and still missed. :-( Looks like you have to hit them right on the bullseye.

I thought I'd just fast forward a replay and take control but the replay is bust and has me rolling over into the dirt just before the SAM sites. :-(

Hi, comment below

To be honest the spare Mk83 is a bonus. The challenge for this part of the mission having carried out your main task is to deal with a second call to help the convoy without the ideal weapons. You have to use your gun but the buildings are arms stores so it won’t take much. All you need is two gun shells in each house. But an added complication is the manpad standing just to the south east of the houses to deal with.

I will fly it again to make sure all is correct.

Edited by Glyn

Hi, comment below

To be honest the spare Mk83 is a bonus. The challenge for this part of the mission having carried out your main task is to deal with a second call to help the convoy without the ideal weapons. You have to use your gun but the buildings are arms stores so it won’t take much. All you need is two gun shells in each house. But an added complication is the manpad standing just to the south east of the houses to deal with.

I will fly it again to make sure all is correct.

it was flew that mission both in normal and EZAAR and found that it takes more than 2 gun rounds to take down those houses i have the tacview files if you want them

it was flew that mission both in normal and EZAAR and found that it takes more than 2 gun rounds to take down those houses i have the tacview files if you want them

Comment

No thats ok your right. It should be that way but I think things have changed maybe in updates some how. I flew it today to check and it was much harder than I remember, In any event I have revised this also so it will be much easier to take out the houses now.

Thanks

Sweet thanks Glyn! Another reason I couldn't strafe the house was I happened to be hitting this bug: :megalol:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4444228#post4444228

My reticle was lower than the impact point, Murphy's law I'd hit that when I'm out of bombs.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit, i7-9700KF @ 3.60GHz, 32GB RAM, GeForce RTX 2070 Super 1800MHz, Occulus Rift S, CH Pro Pedals, CH Pro Throttle, Virpil MongoosT-50 CM2, Virpil VPC WarBRD Base.

• 2 weeks later...

After ten attempts to finish this mission I give up and hope for the next patch. At the moment you really need to hit with every shot you have onboard to be able to succeed in this mission. The hardest part are the two houses. The bomb does nothing here and you need every bullet to get them down. And then you have to kill the flogger which instantly shoots R60 at you. Very hard mission 3!

i9 13900K, Asus ROG Z690-E Wifi, 32GB DDR5 6400RAM, Asus RTX 4090 TUF, TM Warthog with F-16 Stick, Trackir 5, Windows 11

After ten attempts to finish this mission I give up and hope for the next patch. At the moment you really need to hit with every shot you have onboard to be able to succeed in this mission. The hardest part are the two houses. The bomb does nothing here and you need every bullet to get them down. And then you have to kill the flogger which instantly shoots R60 at you. Very hard mission 3!

Hi

Yes through various updates the mission has become a lot more difficult than intended. You will find when ED issues the mission update taking out the house will be much easier. The air attack will not change however but that is a matter of using flares and manoeuvring. Once you get behind him it should be a easy kill. The front image of the sales video on the DCS site is me taking him out in a vertical dive.

Good luck

Hi Glyn, did the wind increase in Mission 3? I seem to be getting a huge amount of wind age in ccip?

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Hi Glyn, did the wind increase in Mission 3? I seem to be getting a huge amount of wind age in ccip?

Hi, no the wind has not been increased. Could you explain in a spoiler where exactly you are having a problem and I can check it out. There has been a lot of things updated for DCS and the F/A-18C in the general DCS update.

Hi, no the wind has not been increased. Could you explain in a spoiler where exactly you are having a problem and I can check it out. There has been a lot of things updated for DCS and the F/A-18C in the general DCS update.

so as i was coming up to bomb the house, on a straight line from WP3, the ccip line was dragged off to 30-45 degrees to the left. I haven't replayed since last night, so i don't know if it was just a one time thing or not?

thanks

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero

so as i was coming up to bomb the house, on a straight line from WP3, the ccip line was dragged off to 30-45 degrees to the left. I haven't replayed since last night, so i don't know if it was just a one time thing or not?

thanks

Hi there has been no change to the wind vector just checked.

At 16knts at ground level though you do end up with 30 plus knots at 1600 feet and above so quite windy. But no change from the original mission. Just so your aware the bomb is a luxury you are really meant to take them out with the gun. I know this is not correct use of weapons but the plot is that you have successfully completed your main task and then this is a surprise additional objective you have to deal with without the correct weapons.

It turns out these building are also arms stores so a gun will do it. it does mean you have to get down and dirty with the man pad though. That's the challenge. Perhaps I should remove the bomb and then the task would be more clear?

Hope this helps

Hi there has been no change to the wind vector just checked.

At 16knts at ground level though you do end up with 30 plus knots at 1600 feet and above so quite windy. But no change from the original mission. Just so your aware the bomb is a luxury you are really meant to take them out with the gun. I know this is not correct use of weapons but the plot is that you have successfully completed your main task and then this is a surprise additional objective you have to deal with without the correct weapons.

It turns out these building are also arms stores so a gun will do it. it does mean you have to get down and dirty with the man pad though. That's the challenge. Perhaps I should remove the bomb and then the task would be more clear?

Hope this helps

roger that i will give it another go, and see if the problem reoccurs and execute as you suggested

Hi Glyn,

minor bug at the end of mission 3, i'm being super picky, when Hammer rejoins you he is in a different aircraft than the one he took off in. otherwise good mission :)

Hi Glyn,

minor bug at the end of mission 3, i'm being super picky, when Hammer rejoins you he is in a different aircraft than the one he took off in. otherwise good mission :)

Hi, thanks for that:doh:

These are the sort of things you miss when trying to get the main things working. Will certainly put it on my list for next update :thumbup: