M2K Converted

AMEDooley

So I took the M2K campaign and converted it with the permission of Baltic Dragon. However, I am having some issues with the JTAC in the last mission. I cannot get him to answer through the menu. I know I’m on the right frequency as the VO’s do come on. So I’m not sure what is going on. Any advice would me most welcome.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So I took the M2K campaign and converted it with the permission of Baltic Dragon. However, I am having some issues with the JTAC in the last mission. I cannot get him to answer through the menu. I know I’m on the right frequency as the VO’s do come on. So I’m not sure what is going on. Any advice would me most welcome.

Check if its AM or FM. This is something that is not present in the M2000C.

Also , check the JTAC frequency in the ME , since VOs usually work in a different way.

Already made sure of all that. everyone is on the same freq. Hence why I get the VO to work. Zarma I took the Campaign that Baltic Dragon made for the Mirage. The one that comes with the module, in the Cucuses

Check how many Watt your radio have. Try a very high number like 10000W.

In the mountains the radio simulation makes it difficult to transmit and receive with low watt power.

Check the "set frequency" command of the player aircraft ( if there is any ) , here you can find how many watt your radio have.

Check the Jtac radio also... just to be sure.

• 4 months later...

So I lost all my files when I upgraded my computer. So I’m restarting the process again from scratch. But this time I have more things on the Hornet, and I think I’ll have all the French pilots be in Mirages and just me an Teeter in Hornets. But I’ll post when I’m done with it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I just wanted to say a quick Thank You! to both Baltic Dragon and AMEDooley for creating this campaign and converting it for the Hornet respectively.

I had a lot of fun with this and the dialog is excellent and very immersive!

Good job, guys :thumbup:

Updated the Campaign to correct some frequency issues. Also changed the time from winter to the end of summer and fall. A couple more changes planed and will be implemented soon. This changes include times of mission, so far I’m planning two night missions, and adding some ground troops to serve as PC’s on the spots for the Hornet. That last change will require the mod virpl ground crew. I’ll release it as soon as it is ready, which will be with in the next few weeks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Apologies, but how do you get to actually use this campaign? I have downloaded it, which seems to be a .rar file. Doesn't show up in my missions/campaigns , have placed it in the correct folder. The file extension seems to be the issue (not a computer genius by any means). Do you simply change the file extension to .cmp or .miz? Would like to try this but have had no luck yet.

Cheers and sorry if it's a simple or stupid question.

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

You need to decompress the .rar file with a program like Winrar, or whatever you prefer. Once you do that, put the file folder in: Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Missions\Campaigns

Thank you very much. Just completed the first mission, hopefully some bad guys are in the cards for the upcoming missions.

Thanks again and cheers!

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Thank you very much. Just completed the first mission, hopefully some bad guys are in the cards for the upcoming missions.

Thanks again and cheers!

It gets pretty aggressive later. The first three or four are just simple learning missions.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks, I did one mission so far. Didn't realize that mission one requires light switch testing (something I never bothered to do) to trigger the conversation with your flight lead--had to check it in mission editor. I would probably use something more common as some people might miss this trigger--such as closing canopy or arming the ejection seat.

Edited by Supmua

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

You need to decompress the .rar file with a program like Winrar, or whatever you prefer. Once you do that, put the file folder in: Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Missions\Campaigns

FWIW, I put my custom campaigns and mission into the appropriate Saved Game folder. Then, nothing gets messed up with DCS updates or repairs to your main install.

So, for example, this campaign is located here - C:\Users\Iain\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Missions\Campaigns\en - for me.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

As far as where the trigger is, I put in the description on the ED download section that the lights test switch was the trigger to start the mission. I also put in a checklist to follow. I’m not sure what else I can do. I have no intention of changing the trigger. If you start up the Hornet as per the check list, you do the lights test right after start up of engine two. Any other switch will have the trigger to early (radios not on) or too late (too much time on deck). This seemed to be the most appropriate spot.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Heads up for everyone, I’ve change a bunch of times and weather conditions for this campaign. It was just too bland for my tastes. I am currently running through it right now and once I am done I will release it as a semi-final version. Once a TGP is released I’ll change the last mission to be a LGB mission as it was designed.

Also I have made a multi player version as well. I will release that with in a few days. I have not however tested it out, so I am unsure as to its workability. But for those that want a wingman I’ve got you covered I hope!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]