Oculus Rift S With DCS World Discussion

Wags

awesome, lots of us getting the rift S. I recently went back to CV1 until the Rift S gets here on the 22. Odyssey + just runs like crap. Oculus software just works better with DCS and thats all i care about.:thumbup:

PS whats everybody going to do for Headset sound with this thing? Here the little speakers suck on it

Heck could even be possible to reach 80 native after the terrain optimisation.

One can hope.

i7 8700k @ 4.7, 32GB 2900Mhz, 1080ti, CV1

Virpil MT-50\Delta, MFG Crosswind, Warthog Throttle, Virptil Mongoost-50 throttle.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

awesome, lots of us getting the rift S. I recently went back to CV1 until the Rift S gets here on the 22. Odyssey + just runs like crap. Oculus software just works better with DCS and thats all i care about.

PS whats everybody going to do for Headset sound with this thing? Here the little speakers suck on it

I guess I'm lucky I've never had an issue with the odyssey. I don't think I could go back to the resolution of the rift. But I will give the software side to the rift, definitely much more user friendly.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

CV1 going to the kids/guest gamer rig.... :-) My "S" should be in at or before the 23rd... So I've taken the 24th off. A nice 4 day weekend coming up. :-)

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

CV1 going to the kids/guest gamer rig.... :-) My "S" should be in at or before the 23rd... So I've taken the 24th off. A nice 4 day weekend coming up. :-)

Ahhh, forgot about that. Do let us know how it works out! And enjoy it.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Ahhh, forgot about that. Do let us know how it works out! And enjoy it.

U bet bro! ;):thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

I had a lot of concern for this VR Headset. Especially the lack of good audio...

But I gave in and preordered it.

My favorite retailer in Switzerland did list it on the shop for preorder. Including 30 Day Return or for RMA'ing (Which I needed on my last Rift CV1...).

Looking forward

Intel I9 10900k @5.1GHz | MSI MEG Z490 Unify | Corsair Vengeance 64GB - 3600MHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
VPC T-50 Base /w Viper & Hornet Grip | VPC Rotor TCS Pro w/ Hawk-60 Grip | TM TPR
LG C2 42" | Reverb G2 | TIR 5 | PointCtrl | OpenKneeboard

• ED Team

I really wanted the reverb, but at the moment the rift S is the only one in my price range. I have some time yet and will watch what happens to the prices

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Reverb first review don't seems so good as we can expect...

https://www.roadtovr.com/hp-reverb-review-vr-headset/

Well, I have never had something from HP that I didn't want to drop kick down a flight of stairs and set on fire with a molotov.

I used to work in support, and boy did HP give me work...

Of course this is unrelated for the HMD of course, but still, I have a rather low bar for HP.

Edited by Bob_Bushman

Virpil MT-50\Delta, MFG Crosswind, Warthog Throttle, Virptil Mongoost-50 throttle.

Well, I have never had something from HP that I didn't want to drop kick down a flight of stairs and set on fire with a molotov.

I used to work in support, and boy did HP give me work...

Of course this is unrelated for the HMD of course, but still, I have a rather low bar for HP.

Same here, in my company we switch all hw from HP to Lenovo (sound familiar? rift s is made in partnership with lenovo) and we have greatly reduced the hw RMA... especially on notebooks!

Well, I have never had something from HP that I didn't want to drop kick down a flight of stairs and set on fire with a molotov....

spit out my morning coffee on that one, nice! :megalol::thumbup:

I've felt the same way about HP. Several friends would ask me to look at their laptops and they always had issues, overheating, or parts just going bad. They used to be decent but after some time this wasn't the case. We have some business laptops from work that are HP and at least those seem fine for now.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

I've felt the same way about HP. Several friends would ask me to look at their laptops and they always had issues, overheating, or parts just going bad. They used to be decent but after some time this wasn't the case. We have some business laptops from work that are HP and at least those seem fine for now.

Well, they did have a more "enterprise" level set of kit from what I remember that was on a different level, but that's not what I was used to dealing with, it was mostly the middle of the line or less, budget office laptops and "as cheap as we could get it" desktops.

So yea, Epson and HP, a couple of brand logo's that often just gives me a pre-emptive psychosomatic migraine..

Once place was nice, they where on the premium service plan on Dell instead.

Sure it was during that whole thing where the mobo capacitors would blow like the zits on a teenagers face, but all we did there was take the box in, hand them a new one.

Then tell Dell how many units we had for pickup and needed replacement on a weekly basis...

The "someone else's headache plan" I call it :)

Here is a user made Rift S review after receiving his unit early from shipping error. It has some in- headset pics. He also has some really good commemts regarding clarity in comparison to the Vive.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

From an Enterprise point of view their Blades, Blade Enclosures and SAN's are awesome.

Better by a mile than IBM sh*t anyway. Had nothing but problems with IBM. IBM's Enterprise Support is 2nd to none though. HP's is right up there too though.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Here is a user made Rift S review after receiving his unit early from shipping error. It has some in- headset pics. He also has some really good commemts regarding clarity in comparison to the Vive.

Great review! It seems a rock solid hmd for dcs.

Inviato dal mio Mi MIX 2 utilizzando Tapatalk

I'm interested to see how this pans out for use with motion rigs.

I currently use the NLR v3 motion platform and it works very well with one single Oculus sensor placed directly in front of me. I'm hoping the Rift S works with no dramas but I have a feeling I will have issues with the pilot head bopping in and out of the canopy, I'll test these theory soon enough.

System specs:

Intel i7-8700k - OC to 4.8 GHz |32 GB RAM 3000 MHz C15 | 1080ti | H150i | Samsung SSD 960 EVO 1TB m2.NVMe | Samsung SSD 840 EVO 1 TB

Rift CV1| Rift S| TM Warthog Hotas | MFG Crosswind pedals | NLR v3 motion platform

Vaicom Pro https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=198297

SimShaker for Aviators https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=175028&highlight=Simshaker

Point CTRL https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=218861

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just pre ordered one for the 21st.

I don’t have a vive, meaning that the Index and Reverb would be a lot more expensive.

I’m also thinking that I can try at home, and if I’m not impressed by the improvement vs the Rift, then I can simply return it.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

That Reddit review above from a week experience and comparison to the Vive Pro is a good sign.

(

)

No need to stress hardware by increasing resolution a lot if we can get big clarity increase by going to LCD panel.

So if the hardware resources are anyways limited, why not take big improvement without extra stress? Ain't that like win-win?

I'm waiting to read more comments from future owners in DCS, but more and more out looks that Rift S will be the best choice to use VR in DCS. By price, performance and quality.

--

I usually post from my phone so please excuse any typos, inappropriate punctuation and capitalization, missing words and general lack of cohesion and sense in my posts.....

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

I'm interested to see how this pans out for use with motion rigs.

I currently use the NLR v3 motion platform and it works very well with one single Oculus sensor placed directly in front of me. I'm hoping the Rift S works with no dramas but I have a feeling I will have issues with the pilot head bopping in and out of the canopy, I'll test these theory soon enough.

Have never even used a motion rig.

But I would sucpect all these inside out tracking HMD's will havd big problems

They will need some sort of motion cancellation, similar to what I believe exist for lighthouse systems where you mount a controller up.

Problem with that is the controller would always need to be in view.

Oculus was kind enough to send us a couple Rift S kits to ensure best performance in DCS World.

Is ASW 2.0 support on the list of things to ensure best performance in DCS?

Thanks

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

great review, thanks for sharing! looking forward to my S when it comes in.