DCS A-10C QUESTIONS

Peyoteros

If I got a fuel leak in one of the fuel tanks, what should I do?

If, for example, the left wing tank has a visible leak, should I turn off all the other boost pumps except the one leaking to use the fuel up instead of letting it all leak out?

If there is fuel leak on one of the tanks, is there any way to isolate it? Will it suck fuel from other tanks and leak them?

from page 493 of your user manual

If you have a leak in any of the four internal fuel tanks, you should pull out the Fill

Disable button for that tank. This will prevent the damaged fuel tank from being

filled.

also see page 581 and 591.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

I know what an airbrake is and what a wheel brake is. What is a speed brake? Is it the same thing as an air brake or a wheel brake?

Air brake. You hear Betty (? is it her?) when you make a touch-and-go whilst still having the airbrake open, calling "Speed brake! Speed brake!".

Is there a way to somehow show your wingman on the HSI? Or somehow make the HUD show the wingman's range and bearing through the JTRS?

Yes!

Make sure you both have your NET ID set up and are using different OWN ID values (NET settings on the TAD)

Go to the TAD and put your cursor over your wingman (should be blue) then press TMS short then TMS long. This will "HOOK" your wingman and make him show up as a dotted square on your HUD with a distance reading. Totally forgot about this feature!

DCS modules are built up to a spec, not down to a schedule.

In order to utilize a system to your advantage, you must know how it works.

Yes!

Make sure you both have your NET ID set up and are using different OWN ID values (NET settings on the TAD)

Go to the TAD and put your cursor over your wingman (should be blue) then press TMS short then TMS long. This will "HOOK" your wingman and make him show up as a dotted square on your HUD with a distance reading. Totally forgot about this feature!

But.... Will it show on the HSI...?

SA-11 can, as it has its own radar, but will have a much shorter range and probably longer lock time. Though it does shoot, so be careful.

SA-10 I am not sure, so can't help here.

So what's the point of the SA-11s radar then? Earlier target acquisition?

I am not an expert on SAMs, so someone can (and will) correct me. But with Snow Drift around the battery can pick you up from really far away and you will be shot at at the maximum engagement range (around 19 nM). Without the SD it takes longer to find and lock you and I have found that the range also is shorter.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

To show him on HSI you have to use TACAN. You and your wingman have to set it so yo're 69 (if I remember correctly) channels apart.

Yardstick between wingman and you will only show distance and not bearing. It's 63 channels apart.

• Like 1

Aviate - Navigate - Communicate

Hi, I have a question about the Instrument Lights:

According to the manual the Engine Instruments Lights Dial will light up all the engine and APU related instruments, which it does in the sim, but it will also light up the Oxygen Supply Pressure needle, Oxygen Quantity Pressure needle and ILS/TACAN indicators. (which it doesn't mention will be lit up by this dial. Is this the correct behavior? This is what it looks like: http://prnt.sc/d84vfd

Just asking because these doesn't seem like engine related instrument to me. Or maybe I'm missing something?

First I Have searched and searched... I just purchased the A-10C and have TrackIR and I will be ordering my Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS on the first of the month.

Does anyone have a good set up for it that they will be willing to share. I am at a lost on how and what I will need to set up on the stick or if it comes with any presets which I may need to change.

I do have Chucks DCS GUIDE By Chuck Last updated 08/08/2016. and If possible I would like to use the same settings as he has... If possible I need all the help I can get in getting this set up and running as I am new and I know it is a big learning curve, I have RTFB as some have said in other posts... but still lost and will need some help if possible..

As the name of this section said... Ask it here about the A 10C.. Thank You

I believe that TM Warthog will be pretty much plug and play when you hook it up. If not A-10C is actually one of the easier ones to set up. Everything you need to program can be found on the HOTAS dropdown of the Control settings page . Heres a reference chart you can use for standard layout.

As above let it plug in and go play with it.

But I've always found I need to check the assigns in game as I always need to reassign the trim to the stick top hat.

Additionaly you'll have some spares. From memory,S4 on the stick, Button 1 and 2 on the throttle are all available and not used by default.

Enjoy your Warthog, simply the best stick for A10-C :thumbup::thumbup:

i9 9900x at 5.1 Ghz // ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula EK Bloc // 64Gb Corsair Vengence 3600Mhz DDR4 Ram // Gigabyte Aorus 3090 Watercooled block//Samsung SM951 M2 x4 SSD // Windows 10 64 Bit //48inch LG48 @ 3840x2160 120Hz//Asus ROG Swift PG35VQ 3440 x 14440 144Hz // TM Warthog HOTAS (Ser. No. 00836) //MFG Crosswind Pedals // TrackIR 5 //Varjo Aero

An old pilot is one who remembers when flying was dangerous and sex was safe.

Thank You.. I was not sure if it would come basically plug and play or if I would have to completely set it up for everything. I have been trying to work with a Extreme 3D and find trying to set it up to work even fairly well is to much of a task for me. As a beginner I am lost as to what I need to set where on it and what actually should be or needs to be set on it. If that makes any sense to you.

I know pitch, yaw etc, needs to be set up but am pretty well lost after that..

I am looking forward to learning the Hotas Warthog controller as I learn the plane.

Thanks for the chart and I hope to maybe fly with you someday.

Edited by retired_old_sarge

Thank You.. I was not sure if it would come basically plug and play or if I would have to completely set it up for everything. I have been trying to work with a Extreme 3D and find trying to set it up to work even fairly well is to much of a task for me. As a beginner I am lost as to what I need to set where on it and what actually should be or needs to be set on it. If that makes any sense to you.

I am looking forward to learning the Hotas Warthog controller as I learn the plane.

Thanks for the chart and I hope to maybe fly with you someday.

You might wanna check the manual, page 87. It's all described there pretty well with even better pictures ;)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

A quick rundown on what you'll use all the time

DMS- Mainly used for zooming in/out your TGP. Toggling through waypts., weapons, gunsights, and inc/dec scale of TAD.

TMS- In TGP mode this switches from area to track mode for locking moving tgts. Other main functions- create markpoints, designate a SPI, slew SPI to steerpoint

China Hat- Recenters everything. Switch TGP from wide to narrow FOV. Mainly used for slaving TGP to steerpt and slaving other things to SPI.

Boat switch-toggles your TGP cameras

Coolie Switch- Used to toggle through MFCD screens and HUD and make them your SOI.

Now you just have to learn what all the alphabet soup means.:book:

I was not sure if it would come basically plug and play or if I would have to completely set it up for everything.

The TM HOTAS Warthog is almost perfectly set up out of the box with DCS A-10C. :thumbup:

As others have mentioned, there is one hat in particular that isn't set up correctly, which is the trim hat on the stick. By default, it's mapped to view controls, but since you have TrackIR, you can easily remove the view controls and map it to trim (Controls -> HOTAS -> Trim Nose Up/Down/Right/Left).

Depending on your preferred method of learning, there are excellent guides like the one you already have, there are tons of videos on YouTube about the A-10C, and there are lots of experienced players willing to teach newcomers in Multiplayer. I'm sure you'll be killing tanks in no time. ;)

The only thing that really matters is that you're willing to learn. I keep mentioning this: I've flown the DCS A-10C since it was released in Beta, and I still learn stuff with almost every flight. :thumbup:

In my installation I can't find a training mission on unguided bombs, either. I'm not 100% sure there was such a mission, but it would make sense to explain CCIP and CCRP for unguided bombs. Or does anyone know which mission these topics are hidden in?

Did you guys check the manual, page 532 to 544?

Also,

https://www.google.com/#q=A-10+CCIP+site:youtube.com

https://www.google.com/#q=A-10+CCIP+site:https:%2F%2Fforums.eagle.ru

I know is not the same but has all the same info.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Hello,

i'm new to the a-10c and now have my first problem, that i could not solve.

when equipped with 4 (!) aim-9s, i can only lock on and fire two of them. if the first two are gone, the remaining two missiles' seeker seem to be deavtivated. there is no sound and no hud-symbols. i can still fire them unguided however. on the missile control page (where you can power on the mavericks etc.) there is the osd-button that says "aim-9 off" or similar, but when i click it, nothing happens.

the air-to-air mode with the aim-9s is very straight forward, so i really don't know, what i could have done wrong.