Kneeboard Builder (windows app)

AlaskanGrizzly

Yes. It refuses to open in non administrator mode, and every time I try to change a setting or create a custom kneeboard it crashes.

Hi Gliptal, you have your own answer. You do have to run as ADMIN, it won't work if not. Hope this helps.

Well this is annoying as shit. I downloaded this, struggled trying to get it to work after watching the incomplete tutorials that cut off right when they get to the part I needed, and THEN find out it doesn't work anyway.....awesome.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA97XSLI

Core i7 4790 @ 4.0 Ghz

MSI GTX 1080ti

32 Mb RAM DDR3-2133

512GB SSD for DCS

HP Reverb VR HMD

Thrustmaster Warthog & MFG Crosswind

Well this is annoying as shit. I downloaded this, struggled trying to get it to work after watching the incomplete tutorials that cut off right when they get to the part I needed, and THEN find out it doesn't work anyway.....awesome.

Is the program crashing or is there a particular feature that isn't working for you?

I apologize for the tutorials as well. Features were still changing so much that I put off making more until I had a more finalized and polished version of the program. I developed the program purely as a hobby during some downtime and my hobby has now taken a back seat to a new baby and my real job.

• 2 weeks later...
Running a repair of DCS World should fix it. Did Kneeboard Builder cause it to go transparent?

It did, I added a checklist for the Mig-21 (a pfd document). Ironically, the checklist is displayed on the kneeboards of my two other modules, the Bf-109 and Uh-1H. Running a DCS repair didn't fix the issue.

Edited by metalfan_6666

• 2 weeks later...

Hi AlaskanGrizzly,

I installed the Kneeboard Builder on my fresh installed Windows 10 (64bit) system, kopied the files in another drive/ folder and get a crash, everytime I close the programm.

Never experienced that before, with Windows 7 (64bit).

Any ideas or something that you need, to look into it?

Thanks in advance,

Fire

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have the problem that almost all pages on my MiG-21bis kneeboard are transparent. How can i reset my Mig-21 kneeboard to the normal version that comes with the game?

The transparent kneeboard in the MiG-21 is a known bug in V2.0, and is not down to the kneeboard builder - try reading the other threads for details before blaming this app.

I think the kneeboard folder for the F-5E is slightly wrong. Currently it is set to Saved Games\DCS\Kneeboard\F-5E but should rather be Saved Games\DCS\Kneeboard\F-5E-3.

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Actually, I'm getting just the frame and everything else transparent, too, when I add for example the 'Dynamic Caucasus Beacons'. This seems to be for all aircrafts.

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Hi, thanks for the great app! Makes life a bit easier.

I do have issues dragging files in there, does not seem to work for me.

I can just click open file and go to folder fine, but not dragging it in there. Would be great to have that working.

Other question:

Is it possible to do specific files per coalition? How I have it now you see both coalitions and that makes it easier for the enemy to find stuff.

Our missions have same types of aircraft on both sides, so selecting a specific aircraft does not fix that for me.

Also, not all types of airplanes/choppers available in DCS seem to be in the list, is that something you can add in the future?

Thanks for the help.

http://www.TAWDCS.org ### JOINT TASK FORCE JTF-88 ### https://tawdcs.org/battalion/88th/ ### PC: i9 - 32Gb RAM - GTX 1080Ti - TM Warthog Stick and Throttle - MFG Crosswind Black - TrackIR5 - Buddy Fox UFC

Knee Board Conundrum

Hello Mr. Grizzly,

First, I think this is a great mod. Second, it would be better if I could get it work. Here is my progress so far.

Built a knee board for the P-51. It works. there is my check list and there is the modified Flight Manual. There is my Dynamic briefing pages.

Built a knee board for the M-2000C. No check list. No AFM. Just Dynamic briefing pages.

Built a knee board for the F-5E. No check list. No AFM. Just Dynamic briefing pages.

Built a knee board for the F-15. I created just a check list. It worked.

I have been careful to import only PDF files.

I started running the mod NOT as an administrator. Selecting options would shut down the program.

I switch to run as an adimin. Everything seemed to be working, so O proceeded to build the aforementioned knee boards.

Also, with the exception of the P-51 none of my AFM's appears to be modified when I look at the relevant file in the program.

I know that this is just a hobby for all of us so, please accept this post as constructive in nature.

I any solutions from you follow then so much the better.

Many thanks.

It is always best to not fly too fast or fly too slow. So I fly half fast. :D

After last update, I noticed my custom kneeboard checklists is not showing anymore. I tried to generate again, but still blank.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D MOBO: Asus ROG STRIX B650E-E MEM: Kingston FURY Renegade 64GB DDR5 5200MHz SSD: Kingstone Fury Renegade NVME PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD 4TB GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC CASE: Cooler Master TD500 Mesh WATER COOLER: Cooler Master Master Liquid ML360 Illusion HT: TrackIR 5 VR: HP Reverb G2 V2 HOTAS: TM HOTAS Warthog RUDDER: TPR Rudder Pedals GRIP: TM F/A-18C GRIP WHEELS: Logitech G27 OS: Win 11 Pro SIMS: DCS World, Falcon BMS, IL-2 Sturmovik, MSFS2020, Arma 3, Assetto Corsa.

Sorry for the long absence. With a long home remodel and what felt like an even longer visit from family I haven't had a chance over the last several months to focus on anything DCS.

I do have issues dragging files in there, does not seem to work for me.

I can just click open file and go to folder fine, but not dragging it in there. Would be great to have that working.

Don't run Kneeboard Builder as an administrator as that will disable that feature (its a Windows security issue that I can't seem to get around).

Is it possible to do specific files per coalition? How I have it now you see both coalitions and that makes it easier for the enemy to find stuff.

Our missions have same types of aircraft on both sides, so selecting a specific aircraft does not fix that for me.

Specific files per coalition currently isn't supported by DCS.

Also, not all types of airplanes/choppers available in DCS seem to be in the list, is that something you can add in the future?

The list is auto-generated based on the modules you have installed.

After last update, I noticed my custom kneeboard checklists is not showing anymore. I tried to generate again, but still blank.

Not showing in DCS?

1) Close Kneeboard Builder and DCS

2) Delete or rename your '.../Saved Games/DCS/Kneeboard' folder for the standard, beta or alpha installs

3) Rebuild your kneeboards with Kneeboard Builder

Hello Mr. Grizzly,

Built a knee board for the P-51. It works. there is my check list and there is the modified Flight Manual. There is my Dynamic briefing pages.

Built a knee board for the M-2000C. No check list. No AFM. Just Dynamic briefing pages.

Built a knee board for the F-5E. No check list. No AFM. Just Dynamic briefing pages.

Built a knee board for the F-15. I created just a check list. It worked.

Look in your '.../Saved Games/DCS/Kneeboard' folder and make sure there is a folder with the name 'M-2000C' and see if your custom kneeboard images are in that folder. The folder must be named 'M-2000C', if it is not then rename it.

Rename the 'F-5E' folder to 'F-5E-3' and it should work. (Kneeboard Builder currently has a bug that is creating the F-5 folder with the wrong name)

You might not receive this with great enthusiasm, but honestly, I cannot figure out how to use KB successfully. With more than 500 posts in this thread, it's a bit much to sort through to get this to work. It would really be great if you could put a good manual together. :helpsmilie:

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

You might not receive this with great enthusiasm, but honestly, I cannot figure out how to use KB successfully. With more than 500 posts in this thread, it's a bit much to sort through to get this to work. It would really be great if you could put a good manual together. :helpsmilie:

You are absolutely right. I just need to get myself motivated and get it done.

Hey, I'm sure this is a great product :). I would know that it is, if I could figure out how to get it to do what I want :(.

If I'm having troubles, I'm sure others are too, and having a good, concise manual would probably make this into one of those main-stay parts of DCS, like JSGME :thumbup:.

Here's to you Grizzly wine.gif.

How's that for motivation? :D

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

You are absolutely right. I just need to get myself motivated and get it done.

Many members enjoy your product, maybe a donation. :megalol:

How sounds that as a impuls for motivation. :thumbup:

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

I will answer my own question......YES IT WORKS!!! I decided to mess with it again, it downloaded and update, and now it works!! I have my checklist in my VR cockpit!! Hoooray!!! Thank you Alaskan Grizzly!!!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA97XSLI

Core i7 4790 @ 4.0 Ghz

MSI GTX 1080ti

32 Mb RAM DDR3-2133

512GB SSD for DCS

HP Reverb VR HMD

Thrustmaster Warthog & MFG Crosswind

Kneeboard Builder Manual Rev 1

Here is the first revision of the Kneeboard Builder Manual. The troubleshooting section is still a work in progress. Eventually I will include the most recent manual in the Kneeboard Builder installation.

Please let me know if you spot any errors, items in need of further explanation or missing features.

Kneeboard Builder Manual Rev 1.pdf