104th Phoenix Dedicated Server Info

104th_Maverick

;3512966']Mig21 added to ground start.

Server warehouses fixed.

Deepstrike Targets added for Blue.

Red stuff still WIP, should have some new toys for red next week!

ohhh niiiice

Win 11 Professional, I7-12700K, 32GB DDR5, 3090, 2x 980 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe , 2x VKB Gunfighter mk III, MCG Ultimate, SCG, Orion 2 Throttle, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, Pimax Crystal 

Viggens are at Al Dhafra for closer access to the Sea Target Areas.

There is no more space at Al Minhad, the spaces that were free were reserved for the non US Navy Hornets which now occupy them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

Regarding the F/A-18s, can there be other factions used for this as well? Meaning let's say there are 20 Hornets. 10 of these can be American and also strictly be operating from the Carrier. The remaining can be airfield operated and could belong to Australia, Switzerland, Canada, Finland etc since they are still Blue force and operate Hornets in their air forces.

Can similar be done for Blue side F-5Es? Could contain Dutch, Norwegian, Saudi Arabian etc alongside US?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

Regarding the F/A-18s, can there be other factions used for this as well? Meaning let's say there are 20 Hornets. 10 of these can be American and also strictly be operating from the Carrier. The remaining can be airfield operated and could belong to Australia, Switzerland, Canada, Finland etc since they are still Blue force and operate Hornets in their air forces.

This is almost the exact way the mission is set up already my friend :) All the countries you listed have Hornets based at Al Minhad AB.

Can similar be done for Blue side F-5Es? Could contain Dutch, Norwegian, Saudi Arabian etc alongside US?

I'd like to keep all F5s on the Red side for now simply to try (possibly in vain) to keep the team numbers reasonable, I think the Red F5 drivers are actually having a great time whacking Hornets and Eagles!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

;3515838']This is almost the exact way the mission is set up already my friend :) All the countries you listed have Hornets based at Al Minhad AB.

I'd like to keep all F5s on the Red side for now simply to try (possibly in vain) to keep the team numbers reasonable, I think the Red F5 drivers are actually having a great time whacking Hornets and Eagles!

Oh ok. Thanks haha I'll check it out. Oh and I forgot to mention, the Su-25As for red are currently Russian, can they by changed to Iranian?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

Just did around 90' of casual GCI and noticed as a sad new-to-me observation that now even friendly STT-locks of enemy a/c don't make the hostiles show up on the GCI observer's F10 view consistently.

During the whole session I never had more than rare 2 sec contacts of red a/c, most of the time only less than a second and way to short to read out altitude.

All this despite way longer STT hardlocks and supported Sparrow shots by friendly F-15s & F-18s.

Just FYI.

Can one of the Gulf missions be held in a thunder storm? Have the clouds set at the max alt of 16000ft and the thickness of no more than 2000. Wind speeds be 0 and remove the fog?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I noticed a bit of AI traffic as well nice touch.

But man there are a lot of 18s out there lmao. ED or someone better start on a comparable Red plane or multiplayer is going to be a bit lop sided for a long time. While the 2000 is close now, when the 18 gets 120s and all it's other goodies oh lawt.

Edited by KungFu

Win 11 Professional, I7-12700K, 32GB DDR5, 3090, 2x 980 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe , 2x VKB Gunfighter mk III, MCG Ultimate, SCG, Orion 2 Throttle, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, Pimax Crystal 

Hey can you set up the Harrier Tarawa spawns to have tanker frequencys included? Had some trouble with that just right now. I love the stacked / spaced tanker fleet, awesome!

The question came up, what is up when the tanker just aborts coms by himself and won't answer on radio anymore? Is he simply out of fuel and going home? What exactly happens there? Sorry if I missed something obvious... Manual frequencys don't work in the Harrier yet, yes? :D

Manual freqs do work on the Harrier (or at least they did). Set Comm 1 or Comm 2 to “M”, enter frequency on UFC, hit Enter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Just now the tanker nr4 (TCN 34x) was super slow while tanking with the Harrier. Even with idle engines I was faster than him, is that normal? (I had only aim9&<1k fuel left) In the end I had to eject.

edit: Just to add my little story on this, my first real night mission in the Harrier... While I dabbled a little before, that was with really screwed up ingame lights... F18 without NVGs and sensors seemed a little too scary, so I went with the Harrier. Take off from a Tarawa slot, np, Airborne, let's go WP2! ... Reality caught up quickly. On the F10 map on spawn the coast didn't look that far away but I realized quickly my tiny tanks wouldn't get me ~110nm to the TA. Poor to none flight planning, damn!

Allright! A2A refueling, at night for the first time, under stress and knowing that I could never strike at the WP without topping off. Flying & navigating with screwy not adjustable NVGs was terribly scary, but somehow I glitched into the basket and even managed to stay connected. xD With full tanks and and a lot of laser guided weapons onwards to TA1, only to be warned off around ~30nm @ guard channel that there were bandits in the AO and went back to hold ~50nm out.

That went on a few times until I managed to drop two weapons and had to go refuel. (And jettison my stores) That's when the above trouble started, shaky from RED contacts, close AWACs calls, low fuel and NIGHT, I failed a lot with the manual com settings(234UHF) & navigation. When I got to the tanker finally on fumes I couldn't slow down enough to actually connect.

Sadly I haven't trained any refueling with airbrake out, might try that at day. Just writing this out to say how awesome the flight was, pure adrenalin and sweat followed by tears and a nice warm swim.

Edited by ApoNOOB

First time on your server and really enjoyed it. Excellent mission. Crossing the Iranian coast at night, high altitude threading the needle through the SAM systems on a deep strike mission. Genuinely felt very spooky. Hit the target made it back. SRS is a great on the server, shame more people weren't using it but those that were did an excellent job. Top stuff!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just now the tanker nr4 (TCN 34x) was super slow while tanking with the Harrier. Even with idle engines I was faster than him, is that normal? (I had only aim9&<1k fuel left) In the end I had to eject.

edit: Just to add my little story on this, my first real night mission in the Harrier... While I dabbled a little before, that was with really screwed up ingame lights... F18 without NVGs and sensors seemed a little too scary, so I went with the Harrier. Take off from a Tarawa slot, np, Airborne, let's go WP2! ... Reality caught up quickly. On the F10 map on spawn the coast didn't look that far away but I realized quickly my tiny tanks wouldn't get me ~110nm to the TA. Poor to none flight planning, damn!

Allright! A2A refueling, at night for the first time, under stress and knowing that I could never strike at the WP without topping off. Flying & navigating with screwy not adjustable NVGs was terribly scary, but somehow I glitched into the basket and even managed to stay connected. xD With full tanks and and a lot of laser guided weapons onwards to TA1, only to be warned off around ~30nm @ guard channel that there were bandits in the AO and went back to hold ~50nm out.

That went on a few times until I managed to drop two weapons and had to go refuel. (And jettison my stores) That's when the above trouble started, shaky from RED contacts, close AWACs calls, low fuel and NIGHT, I failed a lot with the manual com settings(234UHF) & navigation. When I got to the tanker finally on fumes I couldn't slow down enough to actually connect.

Sadly I haven't trained any refueling with airbrake out, might try that at day. Just writing this out to say how awesome the flight was, pure adrenalin and sweat followed by tears and a nice warm swim.

Epic story!

The tanker speed is fine sir, here is me taking gas in a Hornet last night in the dark. I have also refuelled from the Harrier no problems either, I want to say that something may be wrong with your set up if you cannot stay behind the tanker at idle!

Although perhaps it was a mission bug and the aircraft slowed way down or something I don't know mate but I've never had any issues.

First time on your server and really enjoyed it. Excellent mission. Crossing the Iranian coast at night, high altitude threading the needle through the SAM systems on a deep strike mission. Genuinely felt very spooky. Hit the target made it back. SRS is a great on the server, shame more people weren't using it but those that were did an excellent job. Top stuff!

Thanks, we love the Deep Strikes too, nothing like biting your nails for 500+nm :D!

SRS is something we are actively encouraging and things are slowly getting better, we managed to get 42 people on it on Friday evening!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If you're struggling with AAR at very low speeds, try putting out full flaps once you get to safe speeds...obviously beware of the lift that this will create and be prepared to trim it out.

An IRL Hornet driver ("Jello" from the Fighter Pilot Podcast) said a lot of Navy pilots prefer to AAR with full flaps (said it was all personally preference, some guys went full some went with cruise setting) versus what the NATOPS docs recommend. Might be worth a shot.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Any way to remove takeoff locations in chat? Not sure anyone really takes advantage of it tactically but it would be nice to remove the capability

For some reason i've been unable to enter 104 since the dinamic missions back in 1.5.8. I don't get any message or something about ban, so i don't know what happens

Can you see the server in the MP list? Also remember that the 104th is hosting Open Beta 2.5.2 at present so make sure you have the very latest version.

If problems persist please contact an admin either in the 104th forums or Teamspeak.

Can you see the server in the MP list? Also remember that the 104th is hosting Open Beta 2.5.2 at present so make sure you have the very latest version.

If problems persist please contact an admin either in the 104th forums or Teamspeak.

nah, just drops me immediately after attempt to join, in seconds

;3512966']Mig21 added to ground start.

Server warehouses fixed.

Deepstrike Targets added for Blue.

Red stuff still WIP, should have some new toys for red next week!

Im gonna assume its gonna be the Hornet, if ED actually releases the patch for IFF that is.

A couple of deep strike missions from the server recently:

PS. Don't judge me on my carrier landings - the ones featured are the only 3 traps I have ever attempted at this point ;):helpsmilie:

Edited by Boogieman