Demistifying Eagle damage model

jackmckay

I do not know Russian language :) I'll try to put the Russian language .. now I know the mig-21 well

but it is a way to improve the experience to all ... if no one signals these things, it would remain an alpha game

yes there are many more or less important bugs ... let's see ED how do you plan to solve them and how long it will take ...

Edited by 2RGT Oberst

[sIGPIC]2RGT DCS WORLD ITALIA[/sIGPIC]

DIAVOLO 1-1 | 2RGT OBERST

2RGT DCS Gruppo Volo Italiano

Canale Youtube: 2RGT OBERST

Facebook: DCS World Italia - 2RGT -

Canale Twitch: 2RGT OBERST

LIVE!

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody says it's OK. There is general problem with damage model not only MP, SP too, and not only F-15C, other models too. It's been reported numerous times. The problem is further escalated by comparatively tiny missile warheads (R60, 3kg) to the relatively heavy fighter which happens to throw countermeasures while being targeted. There are also countless RL accidents telling that missile hit is not equal to the aircraft's fatal damage.

OTOH try to fight Eagle vs Mig-31 (with their R-33) and tell me how tanky Eagle is. Then try to hunt Su-24 in Eagle with missiles and see how it goes.

You know what is unrealistic too? Mig-21 with english cockpit downing F-15C ;)

We all can confirm that F-15 is more prone to survive then other aircraft in MP when hit.

Just watch all SATAL matches and you notice a pattern.

I hope ED and Belsimtek are aware and are working on it, Im quite sure there will be some improvements on the missiles as F-18 get closer to the finish line out of beta as well, it might be a combination of things.

Edited by Teknetinium

Teknetinium 2017.jpg
                        51st PVO Discord SATAC YouTube

I was flying my MIG-21 yesterday and took one AIM-120C and one AIM-9 hit. But nothing happened. No damage or minimum damage from what i could see.

The circumstances this happened was the same as in the F-15, mostly happens when you do a high G turn when the missile is about to hit. Same hit sound was heard as when it happens in the F-15C.

In my experience almost every hit on my F-15 is certain death.. or a death a bit later (unless i did that High G turn before impact as noted before). That was different a couple patches ago. So the biggest part of this bug seems to be fixed.

Go in close, and when you think you are too close, go in closer.

the F-15C being a "9 G" fighter doesn t mean that it will break up at 11G.

that means it is officially "safe" until 9G, and due to safety measure, it means it was built to wistand over 10G. what happens beyond those "safe" G is likely to damage the structure of the plane, not to destroy it outright.

I have read somewhere ( i can t find it anymore… ) that a mirage III wistood a full 13 G, and after inspection, was put back into service with little maintenance.

The issue is you can a spike an F15 to 20+g with 3 tanks and stores and nothing happens, not that you can push a clean F15 to 10 or 11g momentarily.

In SATAL today an F15 ate an R77 to the face and carried on like it ain't no thing.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

The issue is you can a spike an F15 to 20+g with 3 tanks and stores and nothing happens, not that you can push a clean F15 to 10 or 11g momentarily.

In SATAL today an F15 ate an R77 to the face and carried on like it ain't no thing.

It seems it's a broader issue that doesn't only affect the F-15. Yesterday i tanked 3 missiles in the F-5 Tiger. At the third missile my left engine flamed out and my stabilizer was ripped in half. And i was still happily flying along defending the guy on my six. Until the 4th missile finished me of.

I actually had similar things happen in any plane i flew. From FC to the full modules. So my conclusion is that it has nothing to do with only the F-15.

Can you pull 20G with tanks and stores in the F5 without ill affect?

Missile DM /= flight DM.

2 separate issues.

Before the whole missile tanking business came about the F15 was still impervious to G damage even to 20+ Gs and tanks/missiles etc. Do you ever wonder why so many pilots fly entire SATAL matches with 3 tanks? Maybe tactically it doesnt help too much. But the fact that everyone can just pull to their hearts content with stores that would rip off or rip a plane to pieces all day long without consequence is a bit ridiculous.

I see 27G (at least) pulled in the above posted video. High speed aileron rolls are common missile defeating tactics in DCS in the F15. No idea why, but it works. It detracts from the MP experience. Same as with the old 20+G cobra the flanker could pull to defeat missiles.

Edited by ///Rage

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

I need to come practice with those guy's. Cause i always black out doing such maneuvers. And when i fight with 3 fuel tanks i can't maneuver and accelerate for shit. Please teach me Senpai.

But i thought this post was about F-15 taking missile hits and then could still fly and survive.

Can you pull 20G with tanks and stores in the F5 without ill affect?

Missile DM /= flight DM.

2 separate issues.

2 whole issues, right.

the first which affects every modules in DCS.

the second which affect all the FC-3 modules.

i really don t understand why almost everybody here keep blaming the F-15, and only the F15