Missing cockpit marking request

Basco1

There is a missing marking that was not picked up by the cockpit graphic artist on the Huey.

It is the ' EMERGENCY EXIT ' markings at the front of the cockpit,stenciled out in the same colour of the cockpit in this case grey,on the yellow trim.The yellow trim it's stencilled on is also missing from the DCS Huey cockpit,but once inside,you can see where it could fit.

See my pics to verify my request.....would it be at all possible for a skinner to be able to create this marking and trim,using the grey cockpit option please.This is not a big issue,but it would be nice to have the cockpit replicated as it should be,these markings are on every UH-1H Huey.

I have uploaded pics for left and right sides of the cockpit.

Don't take any notice of the pilot,it's the marking in frontof them that's in question,thanks.

BTW apart from the first picture,the rest of the pics are all original period Vietnam Hueys.

Dh0C.jpg

Dh6S.jpg

Dh6Y.jpg

Dh6u.jpg

Dh6w.jpg

Dh6z.jpg

Dhu4.jpg

Edited by Basco1

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

Thanks for that HuggyBear......btw that's a much more recent photo,and that paintwork is more than likely a repaint of the original,but it's nice to see it was still being re applied to re paints.

So you can see chaps....that this marking is on every Huey.

Edited by Basco1

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

btw that's a much more recent photo

I know, :) I took it in 2003.

Most of the (post-Vietnam) photos I found on a google search seem to be like this one. Probably just because it's easier to stencil the letters than paint the whole frame.

- Bear

Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty.

- Robert A. Heinlein

I know, :) I took it in 2003.

Most of the (post-Vietnam) photos I found on a google search seem to be like this one. Probably just because it's easier to stencil the letters than paint the whole frame.

- Bear

Ahhh.....thought so,great pic HB,and I still appreciate the pic as it further substantiates my argument.

Yes,thank you very much Strut,as usual you have done a great job on this......the cockpit is now so much more realistic thumbup.gif

Very nice petslid,however,were you aware though that Strut has already created this and has uploaded his version to the community ?

Thank you, just my own experiment, unfortunately the texture is common for the party to which it is not desirable, visible when you open the door.

There is a need for a 3D model mapped a new texture. Unfortunately I don't have the means.

I'm sure you mean the mod :) from the user's Strut: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3303497/

🖥️MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4, Kingston 3600 MHz 64 Gb, i5 12600K, Gigabyte RTX 4090, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus,🕹️VKB NXT Premium.

Brilliant Strut.

My Man.

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS