Coolie Switch up long command.

Arink429

Hi.

As far as I know, the coolie switch up command has a short command function only, making the HUD as SOI, but I recently noticed that making up long press on this switch, the MSG page is shown on left DDI.

Is this normal or is it a bug?

Thanks.

Antonio.

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO WiFi AC / i7-8700K@5.0 GHz / 2xM.2 Toshiba OCZ RD400 1Tb / 4xCorsair 8Gb (32Gb) DDR4@3000 MHz / 2xGeforce GTX 1080 Ti + 1Geforce GTX 680 / SoundBlaster Fatal1ty / Windows 10 Home x64 / TM Warthog / TM TPR Pedals / Oculus Rift / Samsung UE32EH5000W

As far as I know, the coolie switch up command has a short command function only, making the HUD as SOI, but I recently noticed that making up long press on this switch, the MSG page is shown on left DDI.

Left MFCD. It's not the Hornet. :smartass:

Without certainty, I'd say this actually looks like an undocumented feature rather than a bug.

Yep, this is indeed the correct function. However, it should pull up the received messages page/last received message.

There are a couple of HOTAS features not documented in the DCS manual. The other that spring to mind in China forward short press to call up the maverick displays on the right MFCD and make it SOI if you have a maverick profile selected.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Yep, this is indeed the correct function. However, it should pull up the received messages page/last received message.

There are a couple of HOTAS features not documented in the DCS manual. The other that spring to mind in China forward short press to call up the maverick displays on the right MFCD and make it SOI if you have a maverick profile selected.

Nice! I never knew China Forward Short did that! If any others come to mind please share, thanks Eddie!

Edited by MacEwan
Spelling

Left MFCD. It's not the Hornet. :smartass:

Without certainty, I'd say this actually looks like an undocumented feature rather than a bug.

It's a feature and it is documented in all available manuals and cheat sheets (both ED and third party like Chuck's guide.)

Been like this since day 1.

It's a feature and it is documented in all available manuals and cheat sheets (both ED and third party like Chuck's guide.)

Okay I'll bite.

My OB was freshly installed in July, and my copy of the A-10C manual that comes with the module (C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\A-10C\Doc\DCS A-10C Flight Manual EN.pdf) has not been modified since then (I last updated my OB on Friday, if memory serves).

I've marked the relevant parts of the attached screenshots for you.

Could you point out where in the official module manual the Coolie Hat Up Long command is documented, and how or where that manual makes any distinction between long and short commands at all for Coolie Hat Up?

In case you were referring to the download section of the digitalcombarsimulator.com site, that particular manual shows exactly the same contents for me.

In essence, OP asked a very good question and raised a point where the module differs from its documentation, so this should probably receive some attention.

Been like this since day 1.

How would you know?

Capture-2019-10-14-001.thumb.png.2a91fb2f0cf7667e041944aa6aa7142e.png

Capture-2019-10-14-002.png.5310738b3ad845927018659b86337d2d.png

Capture-2019-10-14-003.thumb.png.ecee25afe99659208d2d83ec0112c2b0.png

My mistake I actually didn't even bother to look in the manual because it is included in the A10C graphical HOTAS chart (created by jeffyd123 one month after release) that everyone who flies the A10C should print out.

Once you understand most of the systems,it is really the only print out you need!

[ATTACH]219259[/ATTACH]

A-10C Graphical Hotas Large.pdf

Edited by Dagger71

My mistake I actually didn't even bother to look in the manual because it is included in the A10C graphical HOTAS chart (created by jeffyd123 one month after release) that everyone who flies the A10C should print out.

I seem to recall that you were somewhat passionate about the official DCS A-10C manual and the very precise wording in that document not too long ago. Do you agree it should be updated in this particular case?

I'm just asking to avoid yet another 25 pages of back and forth, in case I should post a wishlist request to get the manual corrected for the description of the Coolie Hat Up Long function.

Ya I am unsure why they left it out. It is in the US airforce manual graphical chart from which they copied from.

But as for the rest of what you said, I would only want to see changes that make sense and not a complete re-wording to something never referenced anywhere.