[ALL MODULES][SP/CO-OP] Liberation Dynamic Campaign

More Testing

Here's something interesting.

I did not have a problem with parser at all. However, unless I re-saved the mission in the editor before playing (Thanks Morod!), i could not get the "Activate" trigger to pop at all.

Here are 2 Briefings from the same mission with and without re-save.

One didn't spawn any enemy units: "No Resave debrief.log"

One worked as intended: "Resave debrief.log"

Also, both times i started with server Paused (Manual Unpase).

briefings.rar

Edited by Krag6
Adendum

Anyone able to Capture Sir Abu Ny'ar Island?

i have already flown approx 15 Missions from both Al Dhaffra and Al Maktoum,

log always saying my Abrams have Base captured Status, back in the app it says Mission Success, but that base just change its icon to smaller or larger like random and won't get blue....

i am clueless.

Specs:

System: Asus Z170-E, I7 6700K, 16GB DDR4, Asus GTX1070 8GB, 1TB M2 SSD + 2x 250GB SSD,TrackIR, TM Warthog, Saitek Rudder

Modules: A-10C, KA-50, Mi-8, UH-1H, FC3, F5E, M2000, AJS37, AV8b, F18C

log always saying my Abrams have Base captured Status, back in the app it says Mission Success, but that base just change its icon to smaller or larger like random and won't get blue....

i am clueless.

Yeah literally the same here.

i am clueless.

Those 15 included "Attack" type of mission? You capture the base with "Attack" and weaken with everything else. If you succeed in "attack" mission you should capture the base. If that's the case - could you share the save file?

And a logs.txt after "successfull" attack?

Those 15 included "Attack" type of mission? You capture the base with "Attack" and weaken with everything else. If you succeed in "attack" mission you should capture the base. If that's the case - could you share the save file?And a logs.txt after "successfull" attack?

Yes played Attack missions, i fully read and understood the manual you provided on github :thumbup:

Capturing Al Maktoum and Al Mindad worked flawless. Sir Abu did not, again.

Maybe just a difference in the naming of that base, i saw already 3 Versions to name that island.

Files further down

Edited by Foss

Specs:

System: Asus Z170-E, I7 6700K, 16GB DDR4, Asus GTX1070 8GB, 1TB M2 SSD + 2x 250GB SSD,TrackIR, TM Warthog, Saitek Rudder

Yes played Attack missions, i fully read and understood the manual you provided on github :thumbup:

Capturing Al Maktoum and Al Mindad worked flawless. Sir Abu did not, again.

Maybe just a difference in the naming of that base, i saw already 3 Versions to name that island.

Missions, log and screenie attached.

Could you share the savefile? (DCS/liberation_save). Also, that line in mission log doesn't really matter, since campaign decides by itself based on alive units. Still, if you get "operation success" on campaign operation result screen, and base is still not captured when you click on "Okay", that is clearly an error.

I'll double check that tonight, but I'd be very helpful if you share the saves.

Here, from the most recent attack on Sir Abu.

attack2.zip

Edited by Foss

Specs:

Wow great. Will Test soon. Ty.

Yep confirm, works like a charm.

Edited by Foss

Specs:

So, I did find the reason why triggers weren't working in the MP. Hooray!

There's also a few other changes in 1.2, mostly updated front line missions and rebalance.

Link: https://github.com/shdwp/dcs_liberation/releases/tag/1.2_rc1, manual on new mission types: https://github.com/shdwp/dcs_liberation/wiki/Manual

Could somebody try whether triggers are actually working now with multiple clients? I did find a problem, fixed it and verified it by running the mission as single client, but it'd be good if someone else might confirm this.

Also some users reported that triggers behavior was different based on initial pause setting (I tested it with manual resume only), so you might want to try different options if something goes south.

And don't forget that mission reload is still required (as in https://github.com/shdwp/dcs_liberation/wiki/Manual#multiplayer), since if you simply leave the server, debrief will be empty.

Edited by shdwp

So, I did find the reason why triggers weren't working in the MP. Hooray!

There's also a few other changes in 1.2, mostly updated front line missions and rebalance.

Link: https://github.com/shdwp/dcs_liberation/releases/tag/1.2_rc1, manual on new mission types: https://github.com/shdwp/dcs_liberation/wiki/Manual

Could somebody try whether triggers are actually working now with multiple clients? I did find a problem, fixed it and verified it by running the mission as single client, but it'd be good if someone else might confirm this.

Also some users reported that triggers behavior was different based on initial pause setting (I tested it with manual resume only), so you might want to try different options if something goes south.

And don't forget that mission reload is still required (as in https://github.com/shdwp/dcs_liberation/wiki/Manual#multiplayer), since if you simply leave the server, debrief will be empty.

Hey hey, were not ignoring you. We've been playing RC5 for last couple days, very successfully. I'll change to 1.2 today and try couple things as well.

Now that client is stable, we should think about changing the default loadouts. Literally 90% of em are terrible, also maybe a way for the game to discern whether F/A-18C are CAP or CAS. I understand that you can change those manually most of the time in the editor, but we should strive for the missions to be complete on generation.

We've been playing RC5 for last couple days, very successfully. I'll change to 1.2 today and try couple things as well.

You mean you've been re-saving the missions, right? Just to be on the same page.

Now that client is stable, we should think about changing the default loadouts. Literally 90% of em are terrible, also maybe a way for the game to discern whether F/A-18C are CAP or CAS. I understand that you can change those manually most of the time in the editor, but we should strive for the missions to be complete on generation.

As for the multirole aircraft - yes, the FA18 will always start with CAP loadout. Properly supporting the multirole will be a next thing to do I suppose.

But what about the others? I've checked most of the modules in the editor, and they had at least decent loadouts for their respective roles.

Except for M2K, it still lacks the Eclair on generation.

Started new Campaign SP 1.2RC1

-Creates no Mission if "Commit" is pressed. Looks like __init__.py is not working anymore or something.

Edited by Foss

Specs:

You mean you've been re-saving the missions, right? Just to be on the same page.

As for the multirole aircraft - yes, the FA18 will always start with CAP loadout. Properly supporting the multirole will be a next thing to do I suppose.

But what about the others? I've checked most of the modules in the editor, and they had at least decent loadouts for their respective roles.

Except for M2K, it still lacks the Eclair on generation.

RC5 works with resaving yes. I still haven't played 1.2. We will be doing this tonight with Shein.

Started new Campaign SP 1.2RC1

-Creates no Mission if "Commit" is pressed. Looks like __init__.py is not working anymore or something.

-i am not being able to select additional Flights for my CAS Mission would be suicide if it would create a mission.

Video Showing that no additional AI flights can be selected.

I would need "logs.txt" (and probably other things from https://github.com/shdwp/dcs_liberation/wiki/Troubleshooting) to check no mission being generated.

As for the limit to the CAS - that's on purpose. CAS is ground targets only, there will be no interceptors. Basically you can select what do you want - CAS for ground attack missions and CAP for air-to-air. It was made to be more in the comfort zone before proceeding with Base attack which would be a lot more hectic including both types of flights.

RC5 works with resaving yes. I still haven't played 1.2. We will be doing this tonight with Shein.

Thanks, it should work out of the box now.

I would need "logs.txt"

As for the limit to the CAS - that's on purpose. CAS is ground targets only, there will be no interceptors. Basically you can select what do you want - CAS for ground attack missions and CAP for air-to-air. It was made to be more in the comfort zone before proceeding with Base attack which would be a lot more hectic including both types of flights.

Log Attached.

I miss the interceptors, was fun to have multiple flights in the air :cry:

Hope it's for both sides, so i am also not allowed to scramble Interceptors for their CAS Attack at me, else a bit unfair.

logs.txt

Edited by Foss

Specs:

Another minor update with the fixes: https://github.com/shdwp/dcs_liberation/releases

Log Attached.

Thanks, I've fixed that. That'd only work if you delete the save files tho.

I miss the interceptors, was fun to have multiple flights in the air :cry:

Hope it's for both sides, so i am also not allowed to scramble Interceptors for their CAS Attack at me, else a bit unfair.

You can think of Frontline attack as CAS. Frontline CAP will be a mission you're looking for. I think I need to change the naming tho.

Thank you. Will test Next day

Specs:

1.2 RC2

Blue and Red both starting from LAR Airbase Iran?

50429507_UsaStart.jpg.a673bb74861c3fa27e00dbfb6d57fb5f.jpg

Specs:

1.2 RC2

Blue and Red both starting from LAR Airbase Iran?

Both red and blue will always start on predefined location. I've changed it from south to north in the last update.

Bad news, latest version appears to not take debriefings anymore :(

Krag6 and I will be playing old version that works.

We resaved the mission before playing and everything.. Debrief attached.

Could you also include the logs please? If you still have the mission.

Edited by shdwp