3rd unanounced helicopter speculation

QuiGon

This is NOT a wishlist thread! It's a speculation thread to speculate what the new helicopter might be based on what we know so far!

Hi guys,

About the license negotiations with Airbus I can not reveal any direkt info to anybody at the moment.

What I can tell you though is, that I am in direct contact with the highest officials for such negotiations with Airbus. Next level would be the CEO himself ;)

Well yes our primary is the gazelle at the moment and the main part of our negotiations but I can tell you that we talk about the bo105 and another helo of thier current product line at the moment too.

I can not say anything about the 3rd helo, but if we get a full clearance you all will have something nice to play woth ;)

Enough said about that I guess

Have an awesome ay as we try to have that every day

Sincearly

Sven

So, if everything goes well, we will get a 3rd helicopter from Polychop :pilotfly:

Keep in mind though, that they're just negotiating for licensing so far and if they get the clearance development will take some time for sure. And of course, it's not set in stone yet, so it might not happen at all. But we can still have some fun guessing what this bird might be :D

We know it's supposed to be a helicopter which Airbus is the current license owner. Since DCS is a combat simulator I guess it will be a military helicopter. That leaves some choices:

- The good old Alouette II, a light french made training/observation helicopter from the 50's which saw use all over the world, especially in France and Germany. I think it's use in DCS would be quite limited though. In the observation role it has to rely on the MK. I eyeball system which needs close distance to the target to deliver useful results. But since we have so many fixed wing trainers we could use a rotary trainer as well.

- The (Super) Puma: A french made medium transport helicopter, that can also be armed with a cannon, MGs, rockets and even Anti-Ship missiles. It would fall in line with the Huey and Mi-8.

- The NH90: A european medium transport helicopter, which is also used as a naval helicopter in it's maritime version. The army version would bring us a new transport helicopter, but it would be a very high tech helicopter compared to the Huey or Mi-8. The naval version would be interesting in ASuW and ASW roles if ED expands naval operations in DCS.

- The Tiger: I think this one doesn't need any explanation. It would be really awesome since it would be the first true attack helicopter in DCS since the KA-50.

So, what do you guys think it will be? Some of those or maybe something else? :D

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Super Puma would be great, super Puma II even better!

The NH90 would also be great, (I wonder if there is some link here to another NH90 project?).

It goes without saying that the Tiger would always be welcome in my hangar. I would love to see what the Tiger is capable of.

There are a few Airbus choppers:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airbus_Helicopters

Edited by Rogue Trooper

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

my money is on the Tiger..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 6700K @ 4.2, MSI M5 Z170A Gaming, NZXT X61 Kraken liquid cooler, PNY Nvidia GTX 1080 Founders Edition, 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 Mhz C15, samsung 840 evo SSD, CoolerMaster 1000W Gold rated PSU, NZXT Noctis 450 cabinet, Samsung S240SW 24' 1920x1200 LED panel, X-52 Pro Flight stick. W10 Pro x64 1809, NO antivirus EVER

CHINOOK!!!!!!!!!!1111!!!11!!!!! :music_whistling:

Or maybe an MH/AH-6 littlebird :)

SD

It's supposed to be an Airbus helicopter. Those two aren't Airbus products.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Perhaps our American friends would like the UH-72 Lakota :-)

Actually I don't care. They will pick a cool one, and heli fans will be happy.

EDIT (I doubt it is the Lakota though. It is unarmed and very new.)

Oh, it can be armed as well (gunpods and rockets):

http://augengeradeaus.net/2014/05/ila-2014-der-ksk-hubschrauber/

Variant for the KSK (german special forces) ;)

Tornado3 small.jpg

We know it's supposed to be a helicopter which Airbus is the current license owner.

- The good old Alouette II

- The (Super) Puma

- The NH90

- The Tiger

So, what do you guys think it will be? Some of those or maybe something else? :D

you forgot the Dauphin/Panther :smilewink:

PLEASE let it be the PANTHER!!!!! It would be a childhood dream of mine. Also a tribute to my old man who built the first one in the states here in TX and had me on the flight deck the first time they rolled it out. I still remember the first FRENCH promo video they had for it. Beautiful helicopter and could perform some amazing stuff. I really hope someone brings this to DCS some day. Above all modules, I want this the most in memory of pops. And yes, those were the days when it was Aerospatiale and they handed out helicopter art posters to the employees every year. Great company back in the day. They used to let me go up with the old man whenever I wanted to before it became Eurocopter.

general.thumb.jpg.5213462aa74630e00addf6fb983dbcc4.jpg

as565panther_6.jpg.bf2af11f26f5d86d7586f837ee9a0e00.jpg

4340619393_947213c90a.jpg.a88e09f45157050a1098ab7344e6380e.jpg

as565panther_1.jpg.186e83ff155842ead9d8c3a4d5bb3dc4.jpg

large-Eurocopter-AS-565-Panther-0.jpg.96830f4c6d6447a5ff38595003f6e4e7.jpg

Edited by robert.clark251

Puma or Panther.

Or a full civilian one to be the first.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Tiger would be nice, but just way too modern compared what we have otherwise, and outside of the "Cold War era" theme.

You forgot the most obvious... It is simply classified. The same would be true for the NH-90.

To get a close to real FM I would vote for the Dauphin. This baby is used around the world and even in civil air rescue stations. I think it should be possible to get some nice material (Cockpit photos, pilot interviews, maybe FM diagrams...) for this helicopter.

To be honest, even after one studio dropped the project, my dream is flying the Apache together with a buddy in multicrew. :music_whistling:

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You forgot the most obvious... It is simply classified. The same would be true for the NH-90.

To get a close to real FM I would vote for the Dauphin. This baby is used around the world and even in civil air rescue stations. I think it should be possible to get some nice material (Cockpit photos, pilot interviews, maybe FM diagrams...) for this helicopter.

Isn't NH-90 announced by VEAO?

Panther mentioned a few posts earlier is a military variant of the Dauphin.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!