DCS Server Control

you have an error.. should be under :local res = net.start_server(s)

--log.write('WebGUI', log.DEBUG, 'Server settings:', s)
local res = net.start_server(s)
net.set_name("JDF-Flighter")

No, works also this way.

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI MEG X570 | CPU Ryzen 7 5800X @ 4.5 GHz | RAM 64 GB @ 3200 MHz | GPU GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | 1 TB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: ASUS 27" LCD | TrackIR 5 | LukeClip | Quest 3 | PointCTRL | Virpil HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: To much to list. But I stopped buying more, because of too much bugs in e.g. A-10C(II). @ED: Fix the bugs and I spend money on modules again. Promised.

PROJECTS: OpenFlightSchool: DE / EN

Hello guys,

I found a bug for baguette people, but I have also found a way to avoid it temporarily

When I click on the server name to manage it, from here:

Capture.PNG

I have a 404 error:

404.PNG

And the way to fix it (temporarily), is by changing the "fr" to "en" in the URL:

fr.PNG

to

en.PNG

And after only you can access to the UI:

tada.PNG

I hope it will help people to do remote server management waiting a fix.

Enjoy!

My DCS contributions:
- My mods/skins: here
- My server/missions scripts: there
- My Discord bot:
this place
If you want to thank me buying a coffee☕/beer🍺, feel free:
https://www.buymeacoffee.com/Astazou

so without pawing through 44 pages of posts, am i correct in assuming that :-

the server is not stand alone, its just running another install of the game without graphics?

and as i cant run 2 instances of the game on the same pc i will have to get another one?

and there will be a map and assets pack for said server?

Thanks in advance

Win10 64, GeForce GTX1080 Ti, Rift touch, i5- 2.90GHz(o/c), 16gb Corsair Vengance RAM, X-56

KA-50-3, AH-64D, A10c II, AV-8B, MI-8, Spitfire, Viggen, FC3, F-14, F-15c,FA-18,  S/Carrier, CA, Nevada, Normandy 44, Channel,  Persian gulf, Marianas, Syria, Sth Atlantic, 

the server is not stand alone, its just running another install of the game without graphics?

and as i cant run 2 instances of the game on the same pc i will have to get another one?

Thanks in advance

Nope, you are almost wrong!

My Rig: Windows 11 Pro, Intel i7-13700k@5.4GHz, 64GB DDR5 5200 RAM, Gigabyte Z790 AORUS Elite AX, 1TB Samsung EVO 970, RTX4080, Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG + Saitek Pro Flight Pedals, LG 32" 4K 60FPS, ACER 30" 4K 60FPS GSync Display, HP Reverb G2 V2

Thanks in advance

I have 3 servers running on same pc that is a virtual machine...

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3874621#post3874621

ok

Win10 64, GeForce GTX1080 Ti, Rift touch, i5- 2.90GHz(o/c), 16gb Corsair Vengance RAM, X-56

KA-50-3, AH-64D, A10c II, AV-8B, MI-8, Spitfire, Viggen, FC3, F-14, F-15c,FA-18,  S/Carrier, CA, Nevada, Normandy 44, Channel,  Persian gulf, Marianas, Syria, Sth Atlantic, 

So, is there a manual or something on how to set this up, by looking at some of the posts to this thread it seems i need to create another account and download another dcs world, and will it run on an average laptop? it would be really nice if this setup info was to hand, perhaps in a locked sticky or something to stop noobs like me asking questions probably already answered on page 20 or something?

So, is there a manual or something on how to set this up, by looking at some of the posts to this thread it seems i need to create another account and download another dcs world, and will it run on an average laptop? it would be really nice if this setup info was to hand, perhaps in a locked sticky or something to stop noobs like me asking questions probably already answered on page 20 or something?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3874621#post3874621

should run fine on a laptop

So I have just installed Persian Gulf & US map on our server while I was logged in with my account, is this the process. AS I haven't seen it discussed any where or any guides/info.

RyZen5 3600x, MSI GamingX RX 5700xt, AX-370-K7, 16 Gig G-Skil 3200 :thumbup:, Antec 650w (Still),Win10 on 256G 870 NVMe, 860+850 Evo for Apps, 2x1TB WD HDs for :music_whistling:, TR5 :detective:, Hog stick:joystick:, 3x TM MFD Bezels. a 32" AOC, @ 2560x1440, no floppy & a crappy chair :pain:. Its hard to find a chair that accepts you as you grow.:pilotfly:

Thank you.:thumbup:

I can confirm that it runs fine on laptops with the --norender option. I have one running fine on my 10 year old laptop with an old i5 at 2.27GHz, 6GB of RAM, and Intel graphics.

Thrustmaster T.16000M HOTAS - i7-9700K - MSI GTX 1060 6GB (waiting for a sale) - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB M.2 SSD - ASRock Z390 Pro4 - Corsair 275R

F/A-18C - F-14B - F-16C - Spitfire

I'm having a spot of bother at the moment.

I can happily start the server, as hosted on a laptop, and it's seen by my gaming PC.

However, it seems to want to ignore me starting the mission I want to run.

My son's account is on the laptop, and it has all of the terrains installed.

I have a list of 6 missions loaded. Tried using the "Run" command on the mission I want and it went off and started a different mission.

I even tried deleting all the missions from the list that I have, to leave just the one I want to run. Nope, not deleting the mission that it seems to want to run.

Have tried both the Run that's to the right of the mission name, and also selecting the mission with the blue dot, then hitting the start button. That still loads the wrong mission.

Hmmm. Just added a different mission back in and tried running that. And it's now loaded the mission that I'd previously been trying to load.

Thoughts?

Edited by Mr_sukebe

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

I can confirm that it runs fine on laptops with the --norender option. I have one running fine on my 10 year old laptop with an old i5 at 2.27GHz, 6GB of RAM, and Intel graphics.

Maybe you could help me out here, i have stumbles at first hurdle.

so i created an account for the server, downloaded dcs to my laptop. Placed a map in the missions folder in the user/save games folder.

i open cmd window .

i set it to c:\program files\eagle dynamics\dcs world\bin>

then type dcs.exe --server --norender -w servername

i also tried with the {servername}

the game starts up and either goes to the main game screen or it desktops me just before the main screen loads.

thats as far as i got.

thanks

Edit:-

i even tried creating a shortcut to dcs.exe and adding the --server --norender -w {servername} in the properties (trying -- and / for switch activation) and running from there.

it still starts the game.

Edited by GunnyCook

Maybe you could help me out here, i have stumbles at first hurdle.

so i created an account for the server, downloaded dcs to my laptop.

i open cmd window .

i set it to c:\program files\eagle dynamics\dcs world\bin>

then type dcs.exe --server --norender -w servername

i also tried with the {servername}

the game starts up and either goes to the main game screen or it desktops me just befor the main screen loads.

thats as far as i got.

thanks

You dont need -w {servername} unless you plan on running more than one server.

since you ran it DCS is now looking at configs in

C:\Users\{username}\Saved Games\servername\Config

the -w created a new folder in savedgames called "servername" with server info in that new folder.

once you run the commandline

"C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\bin\DCS.exe" --server --norender

dcs will ask you to login then goto:

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\WebGUI\index.html

\DCS World OpenBeta\WebGUI\index.html

did the command line bit, it asked me to login, then proceeded to load up the game.

webgui was blank.

is it supposed to load up the game after logging in?

did the command line bit, it asked me to login, then proceeded to load up the game.

webgui was blank.

is it supposed to load up the game after logging in?

all you will see is the Dcs logo..

goto

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\WebGUI\

double click the index.html and should load in your default webbrowser

Id way a few min for the server to load up but still see a page with Webport on it.

Make sure your webport matches that of your webport in your config if you changed it.

all you will see is the Dcs logo..

goto

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\WebGUI\

double click the index.html and should load in your default webbrowser

Id way a few min for the server to load up but still see a page with Webport on it.

Make sure your webport matches that of your webport in your config if you changed it.

You sir are an absolute Diamond.

Theres me thinking the game was trying to load .

Thanks again maestro. looks like it all works just fine :thumbup:

Edited by GunnyCook

Is there a way you can change the name of the server that you see once you join?

What i mean is that when you join the server, you have a player that sits in spectators all the time and sends messages to the server.

I wish to change this name on a per-server basis

At the moment i can't change it from "player"

P.S. I'm not talking about the server name that you see in the server browser

another issue arises. so i ran the server, it did not go online.

checked the logs and it said it couldn't load terrains, so i used the command lines in the updater to download the Nevada map as that is the one we are using and i didnt have time to dl all the maps.

the issue is that now it says i cant use the maps until i activate, i was under the impression that the devs where supplying maps and asset packs for servers free of charge.

another issue arises. so i ran the server, it did not go online.

checked the logs and it said it couldn't load terrains, so i used the command lines in the updater to download the Nevada map as that is the one we are using and i didnt have time to dl all the maps.

the issue is that now it says i cant use the maps until i activate, i was under the impression that the devs where supplying maps and asset packs for servers free of charge.

Only when you run the server in --norender mode

Only when you run the server in --norender mode

tried again to make sure, yes, it is set to run in --server --norender but when it logs on it askes for serial no, then tells me its not authorized for my account

tried again to make sure, yes, it is set to run in --server --norender but when it logs on it askes for serial no, then tells me its not authorized for my account

Are you sure you are running a ED's shop user that is not your regular player account? If not then create a new user at ED's shop and use that to start the server. Just a thought.

Without trawling through this thread, is it possible to run a standard client AND a dedicated server on the same PC? Yes, I appreciate that this would mean having a spare core and some RAM, but I'm curious if it's possible given a sufficiently grunty PC.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.