FC3 - modules clickable option

Pasquale1986

Hey everyone,

since the standalone FC3-modules like the Su-27 and F-15C got an animated cockpit, it would be nice, if there would be an option implemented, that the animated knobs etc. can be clicked with the mouse. I don't know, if that would be possible without rewriting the SSM-code and i am not asking for an ASM - i know that this has been discussed to oblivion - it would just be nice, if the animated "reaction" of the cockpit - e.g. flaps lever, main power, nav lights, cockpit lights, etc. - could be induced with the mouse, too

If i missed something and this has been covered before, just delete it.

Have a good start in the week guys, cheers.

Main Module: AH-64D

Personal Wishlist: HH-60G, F-117A, B-52H

I think that this could lead to a lot of confusion. Majority of the buttons in cockpit of FC3 planes would have no function at all as the functions they represent are not simulated. It would not be clear as to what is and what is not clickable.

Do, or do not, there is no try.

--------------------------------------------------------

Sapphire Nitro+ Rx Vega 64, i7 4790K ... etc. etc.

Might as well go all the way then: I wouldn't mind a full-fidelity F-15C ;-)

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

+100000:thumbup:

Digital Storm Lynx: i9-10850k (5.2 GHz): 64GB RAM (3200 MHz): 2TB SSD M.2 Samsung 970 EVO: 2TB Samsung HD: GEFORCE 2080 TI: Thrust Master WartHog (modified): TM F-18C joystick: Saitek Rudder Pedals: HP Reverb PRO: Volair Sim Cockpit: Current Stable Version of DCS :thumbup:

IRL Retired Maintainer of the AT-38B: F-4E/G: F-15A/B/C/D: and McDonnell Douglas/Boeing Technical Advisor for the F-15C/D. I drive trains now. :yawn:

Likely not to happen, not all switches are marked, even if they are animated, it requires more than animations.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Likely not to happen, not all switches are marked, even if they are animated, it requires more than animations.

OK, didn't knew that - classic case of insufficient knowledge :smartass:

I think that this could lead to a lot of confusion. Majority of the buttons in cockpit of FC3 planes would have no function at all as the functions they represent are not simulated. It would not be clear as to what is and what is not clickable.

I am definitely aware of that, that's why i thought, it maybe possible as an option under cockpits for FC3 - should have made that clear :thumbup: Idea was, for the more seasoned guys that know what is clickable and what not and where to find it, it would be available via menu option to get a more immersive feeling. But since SkateZilla already stated that it requires additional work:

The hope for full fidelity might be the last man standing in this discussion.

Reason behind the idea was mainly aimed to up the fun with the Su-27/33 and the Mig-29 a bit, where the fear exists, that we'll not see a full fidelity DCS-module in the next years.

Main Module: AH-64D

Personal Wishlist: HH-60G, F-117A, B-52H