HUD & TGP Cursors out of sync workaround?

pimp

Hi All,

I know this has already been reported but the thread had been closed. Using the cursor in the HUD does not line up the same as the view in the TGP. Currently I have to cheat with labels and external views to find the targets using the TGP. Starting the mission with the jet hot did not work for me. So I'm asking is there a workaround for this issue until it's resolved?

Thanks!

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Some video mentioned that you should input your position coordinates when you start your INS alignment. However, I've noticed that if you do not input the coordinates during alignment, the HUD & TGP cursors are not out of sync as much. They're still are not pointing at the same position as each other but it's not as bad. So I would not recommend inputting those coordinates during INS alignment.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

This was exactly what I was asking to my self... There is a workaround??

AFAIK misalignment increases with the flight time.

So if you'll make some tests keep in mind that you will get different resoults if you don't keep this in your mind.

With a 100nm navigation the misalignment is very evident, it makes impossible even the use of LGB's since the HUD gives you incorrect drop parameters that will make you drop a bomb far away from the target and it will not be able to spot the TGP laser because of the distannce or maybe the bomb has a completely wrong angle...

Unfortunally this bug makes the F-16 almost useless in A-G for now... Hope they'll fix it soon. :smilewink:

Edited by Kappa

--

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

36° Stormo Virtuale - Italian Virtual Flight Community

www.36stormovirtuale.net

yeah i noticed this too. my hud target indicator showed a runway whereas my tgp points a lake

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

You need to do complete INS alignment to avoid this problem. Just do stored heading aligment for quick alignment (only 90 sec) and wait til align text flashing on the HUD and RDY on DED is also flashing.

Other than that I've no idea what might cause the problem. Never had this problem anymore.

Good luck

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

You need to do complete INS alignment to avoid this problem. Just do stored heading aligment for quick alignment (only 90 sec) and wait til align text flashing on the HUD and RDY on DED is also flashing.

Other than that I've no idea what might cause the problem. Never had this problem anymore.

Good luck

Thanks, but obviously we're doing a complete alignment. Which is why there's already a bug report for this issue. Also, stored heading alignment is not part of the Viper module.

I discovered this issue yesterday and I think I can see the problem. In real F-16 the steerpoint does get moved by moving the SPI around but it does so in layers. The SPI shift is accomplished by a layer called system deltas (delta being the common Greek letter used in engineering for change or difference). The steerpoint position is the sum of all the layers added.

What should happen is that moving the TGP around should generate some non-zero system deltas. The waypoint is the destination (original coordinates) plus the deltas. Setting the steerpoint back to the destination involves zeroing these deltas. The MFD formats should have a "CZ" action which highlights when the deltas aren't zero. After cursor zero action the waypoint would return to it's original position before cursor slewing. That system delta/CZ layer is currently missing in DCS so your slewing is practically irreversible.

......Also, stored heading alignment is not part of the Viper module.

Stored heading alignment is there for the Viper. If you mean in Mission Editor like in the Tomcat I honestly no idea. I have not played around with it for the Viper.

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

Stored heading alignment is there for the Viper. If you mean in Mission Editor like in the Tomcat I honestly no idea. I have not played around with it for the Viper.

Care to share where this is located for the Viper?

That system delta/CZ layer is currently missing in DCS so your slewing is practically irreversible.

This is what I run to a lot when accidentally moving my TGP away from a steer point; the newly crated location is often times far away from the initial steer point intended for my CCRP bomb-run, and I end up getting lost and unable to locate my target again. I had hoped there was a way to reset this, but I guess we'll have to wait until this is addressed in DCS.

Thanks for the detailed info as well - very useful.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Back right panel knob. Instead of using normal mode you select stored alignment with only one click right button on your mouse.

Thank you for that info. Does anything need to be setup in the ME in order for stored alignment to work?

What is the verdict on this? Is it a bug or feature? Are we doing something wrong like aligning etc?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

What is the verdict on this? Is it a bug or feature? Are we doing something wrong like aligning etc?

A bug, i've also reported it in the bug section and Wags marked it as REPORTED, so ED confirm there is something wrong.

It happend since they implemented INS so it must be related to it.

I really hope they'll fix this soon :)

--

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

36° Stormo Virtuale - Italian Virtual Flight Community

www.36stormovirtuale.net