Yet another warthog slew upgrade

Deltaalphalima1

With the new slew, do you still maintain the ability to “push” or “click” to lock the target on the A2A TDC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

With the new slew, do you still maintain the ability to “push” or “click” to lock the target on the A2A TDC?

Not with the force sensor version directly unfortunatly, but I do supply a cable so you can install your own switch somewhere on the throttle in place of the slew push-button, but that does require some drilling and soldering. Thermal has installed one really nicely if you want an idea of how it might look, there is a photo of this just a few posts above.

My next kit with the analog thumbstick will keep the push button functunallity on the slew though, more details to come this weekend :)

Specs: i7 7700K delid @ 4.8GHZ, MSI Gaming X GTX1080, ASUS Strix Z270G, 32GB Corsair LPX @ 3000MHz, Noctua NH-U12S, EVGA 750 P2, Fractal Define Mini C

Hardware: Thrustmaster Warthog, TrackIR 5, MFG Crosswinds(4757) , Custom Helicopter Collective

www.deltasimelectronics.com

Not with the force sensor version directly unfortunatly, but I do supply a cable so you can install your own switch somewhere on the throttle in place of the slew push-button, but that does require some drilling and soldering. Thermal has installed one really nicely if you want an idea of how it might look, there is a photo of this just a few posts above.

My next kit with the analog thumbstick will keep the push button functunallity on the slew though, more details to come this weekend :)

Beautiful, sounds like the next kit might be what I’ll be looking for. Subbed and I’ll be keeping an eye out.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

sdmccorm -

Single 9mm hole and a press fit, it ended up being quite snug. Its been happy since. I had the same concerns as you :)

I knew that if the cheap switch didnt work out then I could find some other more substantial/lock nut switch and enlarge the hole slightly to suit.

Deltaalphalima1 Do you sell the PCB and connection wire only ?

I did my own mod using a PS3 stick and Micro Pro but it requires an additional USB connection. I'd like a built-in solution.

Happy Flying ! :pilotfly:

--

My specs: i7 8700K oc 5.0gHz, Asus Maximus Hero X, 32 Go DDR4 3600MHz, GTX1080 oc 2025MHz, Samsung Evo 960 SSD, Oculus rift CV1, 2 sensors. VKB Gunfighter w/ Warthog stick. Warthog throttle. Custom 6xrotary box. MFG rudder pedals

I am very pleased to announce my new thumbstick based Warthog throttle slew upgrade kit!!

Using an ALPS RKJXV1224005 mini joystick https://www.alps.com/prod/info/E/HTML/MultiControl/Potentiometer/RKJXK/RKJXV1224005.html

The same as used in the PS4 and Xbox 1 controllers.

It is a complete, drop in and plug and play replacement kit for the original warthog throttle slew sensor, only a recalibration with the Thrustmaster utility is required. No drilling, soldering or extra USB cables.

It will retain all functions of the original, including the push button switch.

Initial price will be around £40 including free international shipping to anywhere in the world. (Subject to change depending on parts availability)

They should be available to purchase by around June, if anyone is interested please message me to reserve one.

attachment.php?attachmentid=184838&stc=1&d=1526735333

IMG_20180519_124332.thumb.jpg.fa99794a844b83945f2337389461e214.jpg

IMG_20180519_123951.thumb.jpg.3aaf9f4d1b9a592a54ccd089afaa1d38.jpg

IMG_20180519_124402.thumb.jpg.e6e7f0eede07173b5f373a83648d730e.jpg

IMG_20180519_124510.thumb.jpg.bbfafd9f978efc4941a7ccf686493d62.jpg

IMG_20180519_124544.thumb.jpg.19b01db6211083d30d9c4c3bfe16c397.jpg

Edited by Deltaalphalima1

Specs: i7 7700K delid @ 4.8GHZ, MSI Gaming X GTX1080, ASUS Strix Z270G, 32GB Corsair LPX @ 3000MHz, Noctua NH-U12S, EVGA 750 P2, Fractal Define Mini C

Hardware: Thrustmaster Warthog, TrackIR 5, MFG Crosswinds(4757) , Custom Helicopter Collective

Wow! The slew upgrade with the ALPS stick is impressive. I already own one with the force sensing stick, but this one is very affordable and still has all the functions the original has. Nice work, Deltaalphalima1!

Edited by norbot

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

Hello, I just received and installed the Deltaalphalima1 force sensitive joystick.

I found best to remove back plate also to install it, and I had to file down it a bit because I found it too hard to push inside the throttle hole.

At first it was not working, but after a firmware upgrade and a reboot all is fine.

I did not yet use it in DCS but even in joystick control pane,l precision is here: you can easilly directly put the cross where you want.

The sensitive input feesl great, even if it will implies new habit.

Not a cheap piece of hardware, but I found it worth the money.

P8700K @4.8 GHz, 3080ti, 32 GB RAM, HP reverb Pro.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

Just PM'd you Delta...I'm in!

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

Thanks to everyone who has messaged me to reserve my new slew upgrade!!

Due to the number of people who want one, I guess this is a good time to announce my new website:

It's a bit rough arroud the edges as I've only been building it in the last two days, but it should get the job done.

I will try and ship them out based on the order people have reserved them in as best I can.

If it's not loading for you yet please try again tommorow, but it should be working in most of the world.

Great job, you sure deliver!

Alot of work done in a very small time, impessive!

I bought the force sensor and it screams quality and I love how simple it is to get working! I also installed a extra button besides the airbrake, I used a 12mm button, no problem with space. Will post some pictures later on, but I can also vouche for Deltaalphalima1.

Fantastic communication and customer service, great installation instructions and everything, well worth the price!

Cheers mate!

Edited by Lobinjaevel
Typo!

I like it, clean and simple website.

Should I place an order on the website as well or is the PM enough?

Anyone who has not yet sent me payment direct on Paypal, even if you have messaged me, please place on order on the website.

If you have sent me payment directly, then there is no need to do anything else. I will get everything shipped as soon as possible.

Using the website just makes tracking all the orders so much easier for me, so nothing will get missed and I'm not having to give out my details to everyone :)

Order placed. Thanks mate, this should make things a tad more enjoyable.

Just wanted to add my two cents regarding the force sensor upgrade.

I'm always combing the forums here looking and waiting for diligent and clever folks to come up with better solutions to shortcomings in my flight sim hardware. Happens all the time with flight sim gear because they're simply never quite perfect. I'm always looking to make things just a little bit better.

When looking for Mods, I want things to be easy to install, look good, and just work. I have expendable cash, what I ain't got is time to waste on crap that doesn't work as advertised. That's why I wait to pull the trigger until I really like what I see and get some honest feedback from folks.

Delta's force sensor slew upgrade is fantastic. Yea, as stated, it's a tad on the pricey side but I'm firm believer you get what you pay for when it's done correctly. I'm also pretty sure the cost is wrapped up in the sensor itself, and when you use it, you understand why. As others have said, using a force sensor takes a few minutes to "get" but man, not sure I'll ever go back when it comes to a slewing device.

At the risk of sounding like a paid advertisement, I just wanted to say thanks to Delta for not only the quality he put into the work, but the time he spent designing, building, and shipping all this stuff. It's an effort - and it's appreciated. Hell, I even asked him a bunch of other electronic questions after the purchase, and he took time to answer them all for me, and in great detail.

I see lots of folks working on various upgrades and mods, stating they're going to do this, or provide that, but in the end, hope wanes and the thread dies a slow death and the mod never comes to fruition. You know what I'm talking about. It's great when a mod is finally completed, is available in quantity, and works as advertised.

Anyway, I don't post much but did want to provide some honest feedback for Delta. It's the least I could do.

Attached are some photos I took of my install with a few things I noticed and appreciated, and are examples of the kind of things I look for when sniffing out these kinds of hardware mods. They make a difference.

The force sensor slew works great and this new one he's working on looks great as well. I look forward to some reviews of this new slew switch.

Regards,

Mack

sheath.jpg.c228274f711497efe9bfa9a194dd1d2f.jpg

flush.jpg.406ce1e355df068c680ec463096527a6.jpg

Mount.jpg.46855143edb1c08ba0f50fb50cd1d8d3.jpg

button.jpg.3ba5cd0af08b2d485d245b722afdba5a.jpg

Mack

Where is the link to order this upgrade

Go back one page and click on the link in the first post!

Deltaalphalima1 congratulations on your WHTM slew mod many said it could not be done or promised to do it for nothing and never delivered. The fact that you have produce two Modifications at different price points is great I wish you only success. I would deffinetly purchase a unit but my grip is a real one with the real switches so I just don't need it.

Now a bit of advice for the guys that have purchased it praise in public he needs to hear he is doing a good job and future customers need to know he is a trust worthy business. IF you have a problem contact him first let him solve the problem this is a very small niche market, sport it cheers

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/a-10c-warthog-supplies

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/133818-deadmans-cockpit-base-plans/#comment-133824

CNCs and Laser engravers are great but they can't do squat with out a precise set of plans.

Deltaalphalima1 congratulations on your WHTM slew mod many said it could not be done or promised to do it for nothing and never delivered. The fact that you have produce two Modifications at different price points is great I wish you only success. I would deffinetly purchase a unit but my grip is a real one with the real switches so I just don't need it.

Now a bit of advice for the guys that have purchased it praise in public he needs to hear he is doing a good job and future customers need to know he is a trust worthy business. IF you have a problem contact him first let him solve the problem this is a very small niche market, sport it cheers

Thanks Deadman for the support, it means allot :)

I really appreciate the second part you said, since it is a new product there will inevitably be a few issues to work out. If we can work together to solve them and improve for the future then that’s great for everyone.

At the time I’m writing this I have 3 more pre-orders I can sell, I’m limiting the first batch to 30 units to try and keep it manageable, the last thing I want to do is disappoint anyone.

I’m doing all of this in my free evenings and weekends so there is unfortunately a limit on what I can do. With that said I will do everything I can to get them out quickly. I'm still on track for most shipping in mid June, but if I need to delay slightly because I’m not 100% happy with the product and need to make changes then I will.

Thanks Everyone!

Order placed....

Glad to have a cheaper option...unfortunately right now i could not afford the more expensive one but i am sure the price tag is right for its quality...

Looking forward to receive it and i hope will be easy to install as i am not really a diy guy...

Thanks

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest 3  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png