RAZBAM A-29B Supertucano

Prowler111

• 2 months later...
As much as I anxiously await this module we have to admit if they showed they were working on it there would be harrier and mirage uproar.

And rightly so. Razbam do not have the manpower of ED and for them to release the Supertucano while the Mig 19 and Harrier are in early access would in effect mean they have 4 modules out there with only the M2K not in EA status. Not a good look if you ask me.

Intel i7-8700K | Asus Maximus X Formula | Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Gainward Phoenix GTX1070 GLH | Samsung 960 EVO NVMe 1 x 250GB OS & 1 x 500GB Games | Corsair RM750x 750W | Corsair Carbide Air 540| Win10 | Dell 27" 1440p 60Hz | Custom water loop: CPU EK-Supremacy EVO, GPU EK-GTX JetStream - Acetal+Nickel & Backplate, Radiator EK-Coolstream PE 360, Pump & Res EK-XRES 140 Revo D5, Fans 3 x EK-Vardar 120mm & 2 x Corsair ML140 140mm

Thanks Decoy for the tidbit! We understand artists don't code and its nice to hear something. I'm unreasonably excited for this. Unlike the Mig-23, which my extreme excitement for is very reasonable ;)

Same here!

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

We have the 3D Modeller still working on this bird

NOT linked to another other modules or projects he is completely separate :)

Thanks Decoy! If it is not linked, is it because it is still in a really early stage?

It´s been a couple of years from the first announcement and some months since the last 3D model pictures, as a probable customer it´s kind of frustrating to see so few (or none) development.

Would be nice to have a heads up about this project. Even if it´s for cooling the hype for next year(s), as it seems to be. :helpsmilie:

Thanks Decoy! If it is not linked, is it because it is still in a really early stage?

It´s been a couple of years from the first announcement and some months since the last 3D model pictures, as a probable customer it´s kind of frustrating to see so few (or none) development.

Would be nice to have a heads up about this project. Even if it´s for cooling the hype for next year(s), as it seems to be. :helpsmilie:

Indeed.......

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

They've been staying quite on upcoming projects because they have promised to finish their current ones before starting any others. If they were to release information on anything else people would grab their pitchforks. So don't expect much before Harrier and Mirage are finished.

MIght be fun. I thought that perhaps OV-10 Bronco or Pucara might show up first as COIN t-props in DCS. But A-29B is just as well.

I suspect that like Bronco in USMC service up to 1990-91, A-29B is able to recover on carrier without hook, provided that there is 20 knots of wind over deck. They can launch using normal run of landing area with WOD of 20 knots.

T/O and recovery GW is a managed aspect of aviation. You can't have everything you want, at any time. THere are minimums and limitations.

In RW aviation, T/O is considered most risky and mishap prone, of all phases of flight. Carrier recoveries are an exception. At T/O aircraft is at its heaviest, unless T/O is done with low fuel, and then in-flight right after T/O. But there is still all that ordinance or cargo, that gravity is fighting to keep on ground.

A-29B should also be to , at least in DCS, to T/O from ramp equipped carriers. Hermes1980, Kuz. Possibly from LHA.

Recovery would be interesting. To recover on Kuz, and Hermes, is possible, without arrestor gear. Good 20 knot WOD, empty aircraft with low fuel. Land along length chord of vessel, don't flare, but main needs to touch first. Reverse prop pitch, max brakes, and count on bow ramp to stop A-29 before it runs out of deck. But, I am speculating.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ooh, good news now!!

I'm glad it's going ahead. Sure, it won't set your hair on fire like a Tomcat, with only 300 knots, but I think this aircraft is going to turn out to be the future of CAS and specops support, especially as the real one gets more development. Yes I know it's a proven and mature product, but there's still room for increased systems upgrades.

Between this one and the other trainers (L-39, C-101) you could build interesting scenarios where poorer countries have limited budgets but go to war anyway... trainer vs trainer intercepts, CAS to stop armored columns... that don't feature SAM monsters like TOR (because countries like that couldn't afford it)

I apreciate the patience, the interest and believe me, I love this amazing turboprop very much. There are significant things to consider when building this module and those sometimes take time, a lot of time, but also, there are other modules that deserve our immediate attention in order for you to enjoy that already are out there. I'm working at a pace that will allow other amazing work to be done before we can put our efforts into this one. The M2000 being one of them, it's getting better and better as time goes by, and that same magic will find its way into this one. I enjoy building a tidbit day by day knowing it is accurate and properly placed. Thank you, thank you very much for your patience and interest.

Jose Valdez.

A29 3D modeler.