MFCD for Android tablets (phones)

colo

I am retarded, where specifically do the LUA files go? On my Android Tablet, the screen just mimics what I see and moves around when I move my TrackIR view :(

ASUS Z-170 PRO Gaming | Intl Core I7 7600 | 16GB Corsair DDR-4 2132 | nVidia 1660 Ti Black Edition 6GB | Saitek X-52 HOTAS | Oculus Rift

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you use the program I have in my link you wont have to worry about messing with lua files or editing them. You just run the program select what you want to export, drag it to the monitor and location of where you want it to be and then save it. Just read the directions on the page or that come with the program, very simple :) Makes it a ton easier. Even gives you the coordinates without having to dig for them.

AMD Ryzen 9 3900x, 64GB DDR 4, MSI Ventus 2070 Super, Samsung 970 M.2 NVMe, WD Blue 512GB SSD, TM Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Acer AH101 WMR

Hi,

client version 0.5 BETA is out on Google play:

- improved graphics for MFCD display

- improved accuracy of buttons

- added support for dual MFCD in landscape mode

For dual MFCD landscape mode you must set up network settings on Android device:

- first port is used for left MFCD

- second port is used for right MFCD

Second port is not used on other modes than dual MFCD so if you

don't use dual MFCD mode on tablet you can set up second port to anything it is not read by client application in another modes.

This client version is working with DCSpanelsServer BETA 0.4

!!! NO NEED TO UPGRADE SERVER VERSION !!!

(AND THERE IS NO BETA 0.5 SERVER VERSION AVAILABLE YET)

As always, for installation and usage info please visit http://www.lumatek.sk

Cheers,

Lubos

Intel Core i7 11700, 32 GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 4090, NVMe 3 TB, VR HP Reverb G2, Thrustmaster Warthog + pedals, Cougar MFDs, TrackIR, aInstruments

Awesome just gave it a shot, and noticed a problem. When I put 2 different ports in and hit ok and go back into network settings both ports are the same, am I missing something?

P.S. Thanks for the update :)

AMD Ryzen 9 3900x, 64GB DDR 4, MSI Ventus 2070 Super, Samsung 970 M.2 NVMe, WD Blue 512GB SSD, TM Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Acer AH101 WMR

Thanx for feedback. It is a bug I will fix it

Awesome just gave it a shot, and noticed a problem. When I put 2 different ports in and hit ok and go back into network settings both ports are the same, am I missing something?

P.S. Thanks for the update :)

Intel Core i7 11700, 32 GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 4090, NVMe 3 TB, VR HP Reverb G2, Thrustmaster Warthog + pedals, Cougar MFDs, TrackIR, aInstruments

New version 0.6 BETA is out on Google Play.

- fixed bug with second port rewritten

- MFCDs now don't stretch in DUAL MFCD mode

- added debug option in menu (for disp[laying buttons and resolutions)

This client version is working with DCSpanelsServer BETA 0.4

Now I will focus on no new features, but on bugfix, speed and latency improvement, documentation, and releasing client for Windows.

Cheers,

Lubos

Awesome news, will test out later today :)

EDIT: Have done some testing and it is working as it should (once I updated my keyboard commands) Love the product great work so far.

Edited by Spadje

• 2 weeks later...

now Im done... since my kindle 1st gen wont run your app... and my phone is too small Im considering seriously to get either a nexus tablet or a tab 3.... any input from you guys... tab 3 has two cams but less memory

input and or experience more than welcome.

cheers!

finally my nexus is here... will begin to put the beast in order and connect it tomorrow..

Edited by cgjimeneza

I am currently using it with a Nexus 10 and I love it. I have had my Nexus for a few months now and it is amazing. The resolution is absolutely beautiful and its just an overall awesome tablet.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

new version BETA 0.7 of Android client and Server is out,

as always install client from google play (may take some time to be visible) and server from http://www.lumatek.sk

Server improvements:

- autorestart when connection is lost - no more standing from cockpit to PC ;)

- some minor bugfixes

Client improvements:

- if you don't need to use your own network ports just set Android app in menu to "Use default ports" and you can choose instrument you like without port changing

If you have PayPal and like my apps you can send me donation to my PayPal email adress: colo@pobox.sk

Thank you !

Cheers,

Lubos

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks will give this a look in the next few days when my new tablet arrives.

it's between this and Bitshifts DCSVirtualCockpit for Android..

Making them work with 3 Main display screens will prolly be a pain.. lol, but it's worth a try.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Odd,

For The other App, (Bitshifts), I can get the Video to Relay Fine for the Display, but it dont recognize any button pushes.

Now in this App, I can Register the Button Presses, but it wont show the displays (has a low Res Pix of the CDU Panel in the MFDs)

errr

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Would there be any way to include the two knobs below the CDU on the CDU page?

The FLT PLN/MRK/MISSION and OTHER/etc knobs?

Would make things easier.

i7 - 9700k | EVGA 1080Ti | 32 DDR4 RAM | 750w PS | TM Warthog HOTAS/X-55 | Track IR 5 |

Odd,

Now in this App, I can Register the Button Presses, but it wont show the displays (has a low Res Pix of the CDU Panel in the MFDs)

errr

Looks like you have incorrect set up position (x,y) of instruments positions on server part application.

Have you read required steps for installation on my website (http://www.lumatek.sk) ?

Would there be any way to include the two knobs below the CDU on the CDU page?

The FLT PLN/MRK/MISSION and OTHER/etc knobs?

Would make things easier.

This will be implemented in next version 0.9, but I think there will be just places in the bottom corners of the displays (not buttons) which will react like knobs (cause there is insufficient space on tablet display if I can retain right aspect ratio for CDU)

I also plan to publish instructional video with complete setup of PC and tablet, but the motivation is low, cause I have earned total 0.00 Eur for this project.

Edited by colo

Odd,

For The other App, (Bitshifts), I can get the Video to Relay Fine for the Display, but it dont recognize any button pushes.

errr

I experience exactly the same problems with this App. I made a virtual 1920x1080 monitor and moved MFCDs and CDU exactly as described at instructions http://www.lumatek.sk

Game responds on the buttons, but instead of image from displays android App shows blured image of CDU for each display.

BTW, the default size values you recommend in info at server application are not available - when I try to put size of MFCDs to 450 server app says that I cannot put it more than 400. And when you change size of MFCDs you should change them in .lua. So, I put 400 and here is my .lua:

_ = function(p) return p; end;

name = _('3 Screen');

Description = 'Configuration with 3 identical monitors each with its own camera'

Viewports =

{

Center =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = 1920;

height = 1080;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 16 / 9;

}

}

LEFT_MFCD =

{

x = 1921;

y = 0;

width = 400;

height = 400;

}

RIGHT_MFCD =

{

x = 1921;

y = 401;

width = 400;

height = 400;

}

CDU_SCREEN =

{

x = 2321;

y = 0;

width = 450;

height = 335;

}

UIMainView = Viewports.Center

I tried to play with firewalls, made sure that NAT on my router is working, tried to change the ports, but nothing helps yet.

Hope you will find some time to check this, I would definitely like this thing working, and I really appreciate your efforts to make it happen!

I experience exactly the same problems with this App. I made a virtual 1920x1080 monitor and moved MFCDs and CDU exactly as described at instructions

How do you make a virtual monitor ? Do you mean instead of connecting real 2nd monitor you have created virtual monitor via some application. And if yes, which application do you use for creating virtual monitor ?

How do you make a virtual monitor ? Do you mean instead of connecting real 2nd monitor you have created virtual monitor via some application. And if yes, which application do you use for creating virtual monitor ?

Nice to hear back from you!

For virtual second monitor I used instruction posted here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1196165&postcount=42

It looks like Crypstik already tested this and reported a bit somewhere in the middle of the thread, but it is hard to understand how exactly it went out:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1874641&postcount=94

Virtual monitor should work, I believe, at least windows does not report any problems and everything behaves like I have 2 monitors. I may try tomorrow with the real 2nd monitor (borrow from my neighbour :music_whistling:), but maybe you have other suggestions what should I test?

BTW, as you are doing a good thing why you do not post the address of your crypto-wallet, e.g. like Bitcoin or Litecoin for donations? I believe this will be the easiest, cheapest and fastest way for all people to help and to motivate you. Just put the address with description to the signature and you may see the money from nowhere soon. I know many people doing like this and everybody happy.

Edited by Razer

Thank you for feedback,

I have never try my app with virtual monitor, I have been used real old monitor as 2nd display.

I will try to install virtual monitor from links which you have been provided. Also Java screen manipulation is tricky (server part of application) so I am not sure if I will be able to manage it working with virtual monitor.

But i will try it, it will be nice for people to use my app without 2nd monitor, but it will take some time cause I am quite busy.

Regarding donations, if anyone wants to send me donation, he can send it via paypal to my email address colo@pobox.sk, I am not using bitcoin.

But this is not about payment method, there are few people in the world who will donate projects. There are always claims like "if you make that or that in this app, I will send donations" but nobody does. I was planning to make paid version for 4.99 $ in Goodle Play but Google doesn't support payments to Slovakia, I must open account in Austria or Czech republic. But there is only about 210 users of my app so it is not worth it.

Edited by colo

I'm trying now with real second monitor and I see all the panels on it (it is true that after I saw how it looks in reality I needed to edit aspect ratios to make it render correct), but as previously it showes me blured CDU image instead of needed images, so nothing changed yet.

Could it because DCS installed not in standard folder? How your server application is getting data from the monitor?