Operation Varangian - A AJS 37 Viggen Campaign for DCS World

AJS 37 Viggen: Operation Varangian tells the story of Nordic Forces going on a mission of Peace Enforcement in the Middle East. Supported by Danish, Finnish and Norwegian Forces they must uphold the U.N mandate to keep the Persian Gulf open for international trade.

The Henricsson Doctrine developed by NORDBAT 2 is in full effect – the full arsenal of the contingent will be used to deter further hostilities if necessary!

Key Features:

* Fly the Saab AJS 37 Viggen alongside your Nordic brothers in a conflict to keep the straits of Hormuz open for use by the international community.

* Preform a number of classic Viggen missions such as anti-ship, low level attack and deployment of precision munitions against a large variety of targets.

* Completely story driven, voice-acted campaign written by the Lead Writer of The Scandinavian Front.

This campaign requires ownership of Heatblur Simulations AJS 37 Viggen and the Persian Gulf Map by Eagle Dynamics.

THIS CAMPAIGN HAS BEEN REMOVED FROM ED USER FILES PENDING A COMPLETE REWORK.

Trailer:

agey10T.jpg

t6nts4V.jpg

5Zf9wNt.jpg

Edited by JonathanRL

signature.png

Thanks for sharing, I will give it a try soon (I’m currently away from home, on a trip).

Best regards,

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Is this campaig hot or cold start?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Awesome, finally a campaign that requires that!

I will definitely try your campaign as soon as I have some free time to do so :thumbup:

Oh, and one more question: Can I fly this campaign in coop? Would it cause any issues when I change the wingmen to be playable as well?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

I never actually considered Co-Op. When I release Part 2, I will be certain to include a update with a co-op compatible campaign for 2 players. As long as you change Enfield 1-1 to be just one plane and add a second plane as Enfield 1-2, it should cause no problem as Enfield 1-2 is just doing wingman stuff.

I cannot give any other promises but few if any of the triggers are AI Sensitive and most are focused around Enfield 1 anyway. Co-Op should work fine.

signature.png

I never actually considered Co-Op. When I release Part 2, I will be certain to include a update with a co-op compatible campaign for 2 players. As long as you change Enfield 1-1 to be just one plane and add a second plane as Enfield 1-2, it should cause no problem as Enfield 1-2 is just doing wingman stuff.

I cannot give any other promises but few if any of the triggers are AI Sensitive and most are focused around Enfield 1 anyway. Co-Op should work fine.

Awesome, thanks! :thumbup:

Tornado3 small.jpg

The Campaign is now updated with a new folder in Missions that makes mission 3, 4, 5 and 6 playable in 2 Player Co-Op. It was easier than expected to adjust the missions.

Mission 4 is easier because of it - I will not spoil in what way - but the fun factor hopefully compensates for that.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305347/

signature.png

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Nice campaign so far, thank you!

I've just flown the third mission with the speedboats. They are almost impossible to see visually or with the RB-75. Any tips on what I should be doing better here?

Win10 x64, 16 GB RAM, Ryzen 5 1600X @3.60 GHz, 500 GB SSD, GeForce 1080 Ti

• 4 weeks later...

The key is to plan your approach against them. Lock your RB75 so they are boresight (you cannot move the sensor). Then approach the speedboats from the Oil Rig every time so you take them head on as the vector from the oil rig will never change.

I know the mission is a bit tricky but sadly the visual problems with the speedboats was not something I knew when I designed the mission.

If and when I get back into it, I may revamp the mission to have a larger ship as the target.

Edited by JonathanRL

signature.png

• 1 year later...