VAICOM for VoiceAttack

This seemed really interesting but hasn't worked well at all for me.

I set up everything exactly according to the instructions, used the default keys and made sure they were open in DCS. However, saying "start mission" doesn't click fly for me in the briefing like I thought it was supposed to. The system still initializes, but something must be going on. I'm in the F-15C

Barely any of the commands I give are ever recognized correctly. This was disappointing, because when using a standard voice attack profile, it works almost perfectly. So I'm stumped.

Edited by gza036

Hey Hollywood I own the TM Warthog. When I try to map the "push to talk" functionality in your A-10C map and tryin use it in game for some reason it opens external views. It's like pressing F6, F8, etc on the keyboard. I just want to use my TM mic switch to toggle the correct transmissions (VHF/UHF). I've fixed the problem in the F-15 map simply by turning off the conflicting view keyboard commands in DCS. Just want to know if theirs a way to exclusively map the "push to talk" commands to my HOTAS instead of keyboard commands that conflict with DCS.

Edited by dadunn1700

--- NOTICE: VAICOM 2.0 thread ---

--- NOTICE: VAICOM 2.0 thread ---

@All VAICOM version 1.1 is discontinued.

Please follow this link and post your VAICOM 2.0

related questions there:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2534446

Thanks,

Hollywood

---------------------------------

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

Hey Hollywood, just want to say too thanks for creating this. Ive been using VAICOM for a couple of weeks now and find it great.

Quick question though: Im getting an Oculus Rift soon so I want to add my own commands to your profile such as "briefing" to open up the briefing window. Ive tried to add this command but its not working. Just wondering what the general procedure is for adding own commands to your profiles? In the example above im trying to bypass the need to use the mic switch.

Check out my 'real world'

video series

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...

Vaicom will not turn of "easy comms" for A-10C

I read in the manual that Vaicom is suppose to detect if i'm using "Easy Communications" and set their settings accordingly but it will not deactivate. I have to turn off Voice Attack (Vaicom) to play the DCS A-10C campaign bc my comms won't work with it running. Easy Comms will not deactivate.

Hey Dadunn

The Easy Comms setting is updated when you start your mission with Start Mission voice command.

Check the log after you have done this, if there are URI error messages in the log you may need to apply the tweak as in this post:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2671397&postcount=242

I do assume you are using VAICOM v2.0.

Check on the DCS 1.5 note attached to first post of the VAICOM 2.0 thread

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2534446.

Please post any further questions there, and PM me if you need more help.

Thanks

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Looking for some assistance/help. I just recently started using VIACOM 2.0. I have followed the manual in setting up everything. I currently use the Saitek X-65F (w/o using software programming). VoiceAttack and Autohotkey is downloaded, Static ATC is modded in JSGME.

When I get to the point where I say "Start Mission" as per the manual, I hear the beeps and it automatically goes into pause mode. My TrackIR still moves around but nothing else works. I have to push the Pause/Break key anyway to start flying. Same time voice attack will stop listening. I have to click on the headset icon for VA to start listening again. Is this normal?????

So first time using this feature I started on the refueling mission. Decided first to see if "chatter" works. It works and had no issues with switching it on/off by using voice commands. Next I attempted to start the refueling process. I followed the flow path of the manual as what to say. I used "Request Refuel" very first time and beeps sounded, the options were displayed. After that nothing else would work. On the VA screen I kept seeing "Multiple commands issued (ignored). I would attempt using voice commands again and VA screen showed this: 'Requests refuel' (contains 'refuel') followed by "Multiple commands issued (ignored).

Any ideas on what is causing this? Did I not install something correctly or is this operator error? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Bullwinkle

Did not get a PM....sharing what VA showed after I used the reset phrase:

6:47:58 PM - Unable to get value from URI - Could not find file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack\Apps\VAICOM\Tools\TEMP\mission.lua'.

7:00:38 PM - Unable to get value from URI - Could not find file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack\Apps\VAICOM\Tools\TEMP\options.lua'.

• 1 month later...

Hi Pete

There should be no need to disable your existing profiles, you can use the VAICOM 2.0 profiles alongside.

It's no longer required to use Autohotkey for HOTAS PTT setup:

Just make sure you have installed up-to-date VoiceAttack version and follow the note on direct PTT setup attached to first post of the VAICOM 2.0 thread.

If you need more help with anything let me know.

Grtz

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

first of all, i have read the beautifull pdf manual, printed out & read it several times. same goes for the A-10c Add on manual

But i think i have a similar problem as nescafe37, when i do a cold start quick mission with A 10c on Nevada Nellis AFB, the command is correct ''Start'' i see inputs beeing made in the radio menu's but when i look up the radio menu manualy the option for atc is blacked out? and i am on the right radio Nellis vhf freq. 125?

Wingman command are perfect no trouble there. only it doesn't reconize my spoken commands sometimes maybe due to a slightly heavy dutch accent here and there i don't know?

But i'm very new at this so maybe i'm doing something wrong? Is there a tutorial on how the spoken command structure is, i can't find any on youtube?

Hollywood_315 thank you for the effort making this great VA profile, when i look at the VA profile commands i see you did some hard work to make this happen!

Hulde!!

Edited by Bottle-RUM

Intel® Core™ i7-6900K Processor (watercooled) - Asus ROG Rampage V Edition 10 (watercooled) motherbord - 8 x 8Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3333Mhz RAM (watercooled) - 2 x ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI-11G-GAMING (watercooled)

- Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - Logitech G910 Orion Spark - Asus PG348 34'' LCD screen - Razor Tiamat 7.1 - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog Replica USAF A-10C - TrackIR 5 - Pro Flight Cessna Rudder Pedals - VAICOM 2.5 PRO

• 2 weeks later...

I have had voice attack for a while, but I was in a move that took longer than expected. When I tried to used it again, I kept getting some weird message, and the program wouldn't work. So I uninstalled it and I still can get it to work. It would be nice to use this again with the rift as hitting the F keys is a bit difficult lol.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This is the message that pops up when I try to start the program.

Unable to execute file:

C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack\VoiceAttack.exe

CreateProcess failed code 740.

The requested operation requires elevation.

Please help me as I really liked using this before but I find it crucial with the rift.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 months later...

Hey all.

I see this topic has not had any posts in a while and I was wondering what is going on with VAICOM and 1.5.5 I cant seem to get it to work. The static atc mod seems to mess up the comms. Once I activate the mod the comm menu disappears and I have to repair the game.

Weirdly, it seemed to have worked just fine yesterday, even tho i couldnt get VAICOM to work.

Can someone give me an update on the status of this wonderfull voice attack mod?

Hi there

You may want to check the latest in the VAICOM 2.0 thread here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=151296

Cheers

Hey all.

I see this topic has not had any posts in a while and I was wondering what is going on with VAICOM and 1.5.5 I cant seem to get it to work. The static atc mod seems to mess up the comms. Once I activate the mod the comm menu disappears and I have to repair the game.

Weirdly, it seemed to have worked just fine yesterday, even tho i couldnt get VAICOM to work.

Can someone give me an update on the status of this wonderfull voice attack mod?

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com