DCS: Mi-24P - What we know + Discussion

MrDieing

They are currently busy with the Hornet so we shouldn't expect anything about the Mi-24 until the Hornet has been released.

I doubt this is a problem. If they are posting info and pictures about phantom, I dont think take four five screens and a few sentences to calm down Hind fans would be a problem. Maybe hyena is right:

The answer might be country of origin of the aircraft. ED and BST are Russian companies, and Russia has certain laws with regards to depicting military craft still in active service. The slowdown on the Mi-24 may be BST keeping their legal ducks in a row.

But again - even in this case would be some info help and fair to a comunity. After all - they would answer to all Why and When question and take down that fence of silence. And in my case, I would be nice and patient Hind fan again :-).

The answer might be country of origin of the aircraft. ED and BST are Russian companies, and Russia has certain laws with regards to depicting military craft still in active service. The slowdown on the Mi-24 may be BST keeping their legal ducks in a row.

Or it could simply be they've decided the F-4 is the first project they're going to be open with, and simply seeing how that goes before opening up other projects?

Not everything has to have a some complex, deep and dark reason behind it.

Plus, as a side note: it's often much easier to show off early WIP to people because it's obviously WIP. Later on, especially if the artwork is finished, people start getting impatient as it looks done.

No , the Mi-24 project could not be cancelled !!!

The info below could confirm this idea...

On their website, BELSIMTEK has released a short interview with PCHelicopters.com

http://pchelicopters.com/index.php/publishers-developers/belsimtek-talk-to-pchelicopters-com

Date : 24 October 2017, so quiet recent...

Q. Are you allowed to tell us which helicopters are in the pipeline for future release ?

A. For now only Mi-24P. Others could be planned but as we answered before, development time is not short, and in that time a lot can happen, so its not productive to make any solid statements at this time.

Their current projects include the MI-24P helicopter. We're sure this is going to be of the highest quality just like their current helicopters the Huey and Mi-8.

So, cross fingers and still waiting....an continue to prying !!!

No , the Mi-24 project could not be cancelled !!!

The info below could confirm this idea...

On their website, BELSIMTEK has released a short interview with PCHelicopters.com

http://pchelicopters.com/index.php/publishers-developers/belsimtek-talk-to-pchelicopters-com

Date : 24 October 2017, so quiet recent...

Q. Are you allowed to tell us which helicopters are in the pipeline for future release ?

A. For now only Mi-24P. Others could be planned but as we answered before, development time is not short, and in that time a lot can happen, so its not productive to make any solid statements at this time.

Their current projects include the MI-24P helicopter. We're sure this is going to be of the highest quality just like their current helicopters the Huey and Mi-8.

So, cross fingers and still waiting....an continue to prying !!!

Yeah, but no one told about cancel Hind project. I believe they are much more further than Phantom with Hind but....

According to a part of interview you posted: They could work on Hind as only next helicopter, but if they are working on Phantom and Hornet, and posting info and pictures about them, I still wondering why they are so quiet about Hind. Every information is better than silence, while their others project are promoting.

But I would like to say I dont want to be offensive to BST (I am still excited about Hip), just simply dont understand it and there´s no answer to more and more questions.

Belsimtek is coming home.

For sure there is more money in the jet airframes, but belsimtek know their core. Those jet boys will stab them in the back at the first sign of trouble!

And once the blade is inserted to the hilt... they will return to their FC2 or FC3 piss ant airframes!

The chopper boys love Belsimtek, they love belsimtek long time!

They see them around.... They love them long time!

No No, Belsimtek are coming home... they are coming home to where they belong!

DCS Hind is where they belong! The Hind will be loved and adored for years!

The phantom will blink into existence and become irrelevant within 10 hours of use...... that's a rogue gaurantrix!

Edited by Rogue Trooper

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

And do you know what.

Those piss ant FC3 boys will buy the hind because it is a true and solid true icon and will remain so for years to come...

Think long term Belsimtek.... invest in your users. the long term market is there!

Edited by Rogue Trooper

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Yeah, but no one told about cancel Hind project. I believe they are much more further than Phantom with Hind but....

According to a part of interview you posted: They could work on Hind as only next helicopter, but if they are working on Phantom and Hornet, and posting info and pictures about them, I still wondering why they are so quiet about Hind. Every information is better than silence, while their others project are promoting.

But I would like to say I dont want to be offensive to BST (I am still excited about Hip), just simply dont understand it and there´s no answer to more and more questions.

I totally agree with you !

Phantom or Hornet is prio 1 and I think that the Hind project is not yet very advanced. Maybe it's that why it is NO news on it !

Which is quiet very frustrating...because everybody is asking the same question on the BELSIMTEK forum, and it's still no answer from their part...

All above have some good stuff to say.....and some really whacky stuff too lol....

Of course us die hard rotorheads love the products BST have been giving the community, and of course we will love the new helicopter for the icon it is and because it's not a jet....

But let's be real, the Phantom will not be a 10 hour infatuation type of affair, it's the most prolific fighter aircraft in aviation history. Belsimtek has done right by the jet crowd with their Korean pair and the F-5. There's no reason to expect anything less from them. It'll be a huge hit, everyone loves a Phantom.

You know - I dont want to throw dust on Phantom lovers, I dont want to at all. They are same fans of their type like we are, but it seems they will have infos about making of on regular basis from begining and we have simply nothing. Nothing to look forward. Now I am just sad about fact that we will not have Hind till end 2017, but much more I am curious whats the deal. I really hope that someone from BST read this and try to do at least something about it :)

• 2 weeks later...

Mmmmmmm The Hind is well announced in the last Wags' letter...

Our talented 3rd parties are also working hard on other great aircraft like the AV-8B Night Attack S/VTOL, F-14 Tomcat, FC-17, F-4E Phantom II, Mi-24P Hind, Bo-105, and others....

Let's watch and see over the next few months (weeks ??) ...

• 4 weeks later...

Mi-24P is well announced in the new airplanes list for 2018 !!!

Source : DCS World Newsletter - 29 December 2017

We and our partners plan even bigger and better things for 2018 to include:

• DCS World 2.5 by the end of January
  • DCS: F/A-18C Hornet
  • DCS: Strait of Hormuz Map
  • DCS: F-14 Tomcat
  • DCS: JF-17
  • DCS: MiG-19
  • DCS: Mi-24P Hind
  • DCS: F-4E Phantom II
  • DCS: Bo-105
  • C-101CC variant for the DCS: C-101 module
  • DCS: Yak-52
  • DCS: I-16
  • DCS: Christen Eagle II
  • New aircraft carriers
  • Other new maps and continued updates to our existing maps
  • Several other unannounced projects

It's sounds good ! youhouuuuuu

I think its pure guessing as we have not heard anything about it, so we cant really say which one is going to be here first. Fact is they are busy and both are not in the not to distant future, if that makes sense ;)

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

MI-24P NATO desig. Hind-F. Fox version of MI-24. I think that is the 1985-1990's variant. With exception of A-10C, every module for DCS is late 1970's to mid '90's.

Going by UH-1H, MI-24 will be great. I was surprised to see JF-17 on future module list. JF-17 is equivalent to F-16C/D Block 40/42, perhaps 50. Thats 4++ gen. A Chinese-Pakistan F-16.How are they getting peformance, sensor, avionic data? All of that would be classified by Chinese and Pakistan.

What we know is that the Mi-24 is going to be really cool. I love that helicopter

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV