BRAKES WIERD

Hey all, just got the new PC up and running and reinstalled my game. I added TPR Pedals to my thrustmaster setup and I am getting odd brake response now since the fresh install. Its taking me more than 80% rpm to get moving. I brought up the controls (RCTRL + ENT) and it seems that anytime I advance the throttles it's braking also, both sides. I don't have them inverted in the axis tune, they work as they normally should otherwise. I know there was a thread about the Mirage doing something similar but nothing in that thread worked. Any ideas?

ASUS ROG Strix Helios Case - ASUS AM4 ROG Strix X-570E MB - AMD Ryzen 5 3600 - 64 GB DDR4 3200 G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series - ASUS DualGeForce GTX 1070 - SSD 2x 1TB - HDD 10 TB - Windows 10 Home -

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Thrustmaster TPR Pedels - TrackIR

Check your axis assignments. I've seen so many times that especially rudder pedals per default have their axis assigned to every other axis object. You have to go through and delete all the excess bindings, and then everything will work as you wish.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

I suspect you have 2 problems:

1. you have not ticked the "Inverted" option in Axis Tune. The wheelbrake axes must be inverted (I checked my own settings to verify).

2. As Orso says: Because of the defaults that DCS World applies to newly connected game controllers, you have multiple bindings. Easy to see in the Axis Assignment screen. Clear the duplicates!

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Orso, I have cleared all them out except for what is in the Thrustmaster combined axis controlled area.

LeCuvier, I have ticked the Invert option and tried once again, when I did the brakes were always applied until I actually hit the brakes then it would role out, but I still get mild braking per the RCTRL + Enter control screen when I advance the throttles. So I unchecked the inverted option and brakes work until those throttles go up. I'm at a loss

ASUS ROG Strix Helios Case - ASUS AM4 ROG Strix X-570E MB - AMD Ryzen 5 3600 - 64 GB DDR4 3200 G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series - ASUS DualGeForce GTX 1070 - SSD 2x 1TB - HDD 10 TB - Windows 10 Home -

Have you checked that you're in the appropriate controls option? (i.e. F/A-18C Sim and NOT F/A-18C Game?)

Are you using a program external to DCS to combine the rudders and thrustmaster?

Somewhere you're getting a double bind or double input. If you haven't deleted the controls config files for the Hornet and let them rebuild from scratch in case something got mangled in them that would be the next thing I'd try.

yes I am in F18 Sim, and I use the TARGET software. Haven't tried the controls config yet, where is that located

yes I am in F18 Sim, and I use the TARGET software. Haven't tried the controls config yet, where is that located

Be aware that you can possibly lose all your control bindings if you delete this (some have reported loss of all).

Have you tried just clearing the specific "both wheel brake" axis and reassigning it to your new pedals? I have personally experienced an issue with this specific thing - and this solved the issue. Also would personally clear any "button" assigned to the both wheel brake function in the regular key binding area, not just the axis binding section.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

I got it working. I deleted the config files completely. all my axis's are bound in the Thrustmaster Combined part as it runs through the TARGET software but I put the brakes "ONLY" under the TPR pedal section and now seems to work as it should.

I have no idea if you are actually using some functionality of target, but if you are not, I would suggest leaving it completely off. I have never used it, and will never. Unless there is something very specific that you can only solve with target, it's just one more point of failure with no value at all.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Yeah TARGET just causes problems for me. I used to use it but now I don't bother.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.