User file summary and description messed up with <br />

sirrah

When I want to edit an uploaded mission (e.g. change some text of upload a new version of my mission), the user file description is totally messed up. Each enter is replace by this: "<br />"

So each time I want to upload a new version of my mission, I have to manually find and remove all these codes. Super annoying..

Does anyone know what's going on here? Am I the only one seeing this? I assume this is not supposed to happen, right?

(not sure if it is of any influence, but fwiw, I'm using Google Chrome)

2020_08_05_22_20_35_.thumb.jpg.8a443c58a3a2f7b7a62966646825d26b.jpg

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

When I want to edit an uploaded mission (e.g. change some text of upload a new version of my mission), the user file description is totally messed up. Each enter is replace by this: "<br />"

Does anyone know what's going on here? Am I the only one seeing this?

You are not the only one .. it happens to me as well, and it happens in every brower, I've tried Chrome, Firefox, IE 11 and Edge.

So each time I want to upload a new version of my mission, I have to manually find and remove all these codes. Super annoying..

An easier workaround is to copy the whole text BEFORE clicking on edit, enter EDIT mode and then paste over the current description .. after the paste, I do my edits to the text and Save.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Thanks Rudel. I basically do the same now (copy summary and description to Notepad and then paste it in the edit screen).

Surely though, someone at ED should be able to fix this...

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Fwiw: I submitted a ticked for this

System specs:

• 3 weeks later...

3 weeks later... Still no reply... Come on ED...

(Ticket #102922)

System specs:

• ED Team

I will ask the team,

Edit: the team are aware of the bug and it will be fixed, I just can not say when currently.

thank you

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Received a message from ED that this issue has been solved

Just tested and indeed it has :thumbup:

(thought I'd share)

System specs:

(thought I'd share)

Thanks for sharing the news, this bug bothered me for the last two years :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB